Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Huawei Ascend

Quote Originally Posted by DestinedChaos View Post
    The Huawei Glory will have one PROCESSOR but the processor will indeed be a dual-core processor. Think of it as two processors stacked atop one another and miniaturized to fit inside your smartphone. What I wonder is how they will manage the heat produced by the phone while in heavy use, but I'm sure they've already worked out a solution for that.
    There's still a lot of 'unknown' about the Glory, so I'm not willing to state any absolutes. I can say that the CPU listed in the specs at unveiling is NOT a dual core CPU. Could it be that they have created a proprietary version of it? Certainly! But with so little concrete knowledge and nobody really talking much about it...looks like we have to wait til October/November to find out.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G

Quote Originally Posted by fredrick1213 View Post
    Where did you read this? I haven't read anything about it being dual-core...
    "Huawei confirmed that the phone would be powered by a dual-core Qualcomm MSM8655T processor clocked at 1.4 GHz."

Source:
    Softpedia

They've never let me down yet to date with the information they've posted. In other words, they've proven themselves accurate to me at least lol - so while it isn't 100% concrete confirmed, their posting as well as PC Mag's reporting as it being a dual-core kind of cements the idea in my mind at least -- *I hope*

Last edited by DestinedChaos; 07-16-2011 at 02:25 AM.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend

"Huawei confirmed that the phone would be powered by a dual-core Qualcomm MSM8655T processor clocked at 1.4 GHz."

Source:
    Softpedia

They've never let me down yet to date with the information they've posted. In other words, they've proven themselves accurate to me at least lol - so while it isn't 100% concrete confirmed, their posting as well as PC Mag's reporting as it being a dual-core kind of cements the idea in my mind at least -- *I hope*
    I hope as well. And perhaps the 'T' a the end of the chipset listed is meant to denote something different, but according to the Qualcomm spec for the MSM8655 that's a single core CPU. I am hoping that the spec is just a standin, or that the 'T' means 'Twin' or some other non-standard naming convention. I'd love to rock this phone! Well...I will love to rock the phone. Cause I don't think that CPU difference is gonna disuade me. Need to trade in the Ascend 1 already.

Phone
    Galaxy S2 E4GT

Source:
    Softpedia

I have my doubts about it being dual-core since they said that chipset single-core but only time will tell. On another note, the results from Neocore are slightly better than the Samsung Galaxy S II :O This device will be VERY powerful and fast if that's the case and for around $300. Can't beat that

The Huawei Glory will have one PROCESSOR but the processor will indeed be a dual-core processor. Think of it as two processors stacked atop one another and miniaturized to fit inside your smartphone. What I wonder is how they will manage the heat produced by the phone while in heavy use, but I'm sure they've already worked out a solution for that.
    It was initially said to have a dual-core processor but then it was found out that the specifications for the processor that it's supposed to have is a single-core processor, not a dual-core processor.

the ascend 2 is better in every way, the mhz is bumped from 528 up to 600!!!
    android 2.3 gingerbread, and not to mention the stock input keyboard.
    That's all i know right now, hope i helped out!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information