Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Insufficent memory

I have a huawei ascend 2 with muve music and its telling me that I have insufficient memory whenever I try to download an app. I have 3 apps total on my phone.... HELP!

2. Remove this advertisement.

I'm not sure about the ascend 2 as I'm using the mercury. Idk how much internal it has. Try moving some apps to the sd.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Overall activity: 2.0%

Same here! My internal storage gets to 0.00mb and then I can't do much, it force closes just about anything I open. I stayed back on 2.3.3. cause I plan to root after my 1yr is up and I've read that its easier to do on 2.3.3, I think. Anyways, I'm dreading the CLEAR DATA button in Applications-Manage Applications-Browser-CLEAR DATA (56.2mb) cause then all the bookmarks will be gone, re-login to all my usual websites, basically starting all over from scratch. UNLESS SOMEONE KNOWS HOW TO REMEDY MY PROBLEM AND WOULD BE KIND ENOUGH TO HELP ME, er, US (2nd member down from this post). Hopefully out of all 20 something members we have around here, maybe someone one day may read this and help a lil with a lil help.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by Rjplay456 View Post
    I have a huawei ascend 2 with muve music and its telling me that I have insufficient memory whenever I try to download an app. I have 3 apps total on my phone.... HELP!
    will since your phone is not rooted its kind of hard cause what you can is down grade to 2.3.3 root the the phone then install the muve apk thats if you want to keep muve but after you root in and put a cwm recovery on it download darktremors a2sd beta 3 and flash it in recovery then go to adroid market and install a2sdgui apk and android termernal will basicly after do you all this you can have 158 mg of internal storage

WOW, that was a long sentence. But I lost u after the 3rd line.
    Currently, I'm still on the 2.3.3 out of the box, when I press Menu-Storage-, Internal SD card: Total space 17.96MB Available space 17.74MB, Internal Storage: Available space 1.64MB. Why can't I use some space in the Internal SD card that's only using 0.22MB of its 17.96MB?

Phone
    Galaxy S3

is you're phone rooted

Is your phone rooted and what SD card do you have is it the muve SD ? Cause if your not rooted that's and if you have the muve then you have there 4g SD card witch is mad into 2 patrions 3g are for the music and 1g for storage

So if more memory you what have the 1 root it and 2 get your self a new SD the muve might work not sure but what rooting does is it will allow you to move non stock apps to your ex SD along with the apps data and catch.

Cause of now all your apps not including stock are saved to your phone ex I can on and on but but its up to you. What you would like to proced

I haven't rooted it yet in fear of voiding the 1yr warranty. Its still on 2.3.3 out of the box, with a 8gig memory card that I bought elsewhere. (Only reason I haven't rooted is cause 45seconds into every incoming call it drops the call.) (Funny part, the usual people that call me already know to keep it quick or call me and say CALL ME BACK, or they'll just text me to call them so it doesn't ruin the conversation)

Phone
    Galaxy S3

If you root it and use darktremors apps2sd this is how you get the most memory

This is the Darktremor Apps2SD Command Line Help guide. This is the same guide you will see if you type a2sd help in Darktremor Apps2Sd 2.7.5.3:The syntax to run any of this commands is the following:a2sd <command></command>...where <command> is one of the following:</command>Standard Apps2SD Commands:
    • reinstall

Moves free and paid apps to the ext2/ext3/ext4 partition on your secure digital card. Removes the No A2SD flag file. This is used if you have already executed an a2sd remove command. Otherwise, this part is automatically performed when Apps2SD is started.
    • install

Same as reinstall. This was brought back for users of version 2.7.
    • remove

Moves free and paid apps to the internal phone storage. Creates the No A2SD flag file.Swap Partition Commands:
    • reswap

Removes the No Swap flag. Allows A2SD to activate the swap partition. This is used if you have already executed an a2sd noswap command. Otherwise, this part is automatically performed when Apps2SD is started.
    • noswap

Creates the No Swap flag. Prevents A2SD from activating the swap partition.
    • swappyxx

Sets swap partition swappiness value to xx. Example: To set the swappiness of the swap partition to 30%, type: a2sd swappy30 To set at 75%, type: a2sd swappy75Dalvik Cache Commands:
    • cachesd

Moves Dalvik cache files to the ext2/ext3/ext4 partition on your secure digital card. Creates Dalvik Cache to SD flag.
    • cachesdreset

Performs the same function as cachesd, plus erases the contents of Dalvik-Cache, forcing a rebuild on reboot.
    • cachepart

Moves Dalvik cache files to the /cache partition in your phone. Creates Dalvik Cache to Cache Partition flag.
    • cachepartreset

Performs the same function as cachepart, plus erases the contents of Dalvik-Cache, forcing a rebuild on reboot.
    • nocache

Moves Dalvik cache files to the internal phone storage. Removes all Dalvik Cache flags.
    • nocachereset

Performs the same function as nocache, plus erases the contents of Dalvik-Cache, forcing a rebuild on reboot.
    • resetcache

Clears the dalvik cache and restarts phone.Program Data Commands:
    • datasd

Moves /data/data to the SD card.
    • nodata

Restores /data/data to the internal storage.Apps2SD Diagnostic Commands:
    • check

Performs a symlink and flag file check on your setup. Outputs a report that shows you if there are issues with your Apps2SD setup.
    • repair

Performs a repair of all symlinks based on flag file activation.
    • diskspace

Shows disk space statistics for the ext partition.
    • sysinfo

Displays information about your phone, partitions, swap, and more. Also writes a dump file that has an entire profile of your phone. This is for troubleshooting only.
    • swapspace

Shows swap space statistics for all swap space active on the phone.
    • partlist

Shows the supported EXT partitions available for your particular ROM.
    • fixapk

Fixes permissions on programs.
    • usedtbusybox

Uses the Darktremor packaged Busybox. Used to diagnose issues.
    • usedefaultbusybox

Reactivates Busybox scanning.ZipAlign Commands:
    • align

Performs a one-time zipalign on all APK files in /data/app, /data/app-private and /system/app.
    • zipalign

Allows ZipAlign to execute during the boot process. Creates the ZipAlign flag file.
    • nozipalign

Prevents ZipAlign from executing during the boot process. Removes the ZipAlign flag file.Dalvik Setting Commands:
    • heapsizexx

Sets Dalvik Heap Size to xx, or heapsize0 resets heap size to default settings. Ex: If you want to set the Dalvik Heap Size to 24mb, type a2sd heapsize24Low Memory Killer Commands:
    • lowmem-moderate

Sets the internal memory killer to the following settings: Foreground Apps: 1536 pages / 6 MB Visible Apps: 3072 pages / 12 MB Secondary Server: 4096 pages / 16 MB Hidden Apps: 7680 pages / 30 MB Content Provider: 8960 pages / 35 MB Empty App: 10240 pages / 40 MB
    • lowmem-optimum

Sets the internal memory killer to the following settings: Foreground Apps: 1536 pages / 6 MB Visible Apps: 2048 pages / 8 MB Secondary Server: 4096 pages / 16 MB Hidden Apps: 10240 pages / 40 MB Content Provider: 12800 pages / 50 MB Empty App: 15360 pages / 60 MB
    • lowmem-strict

Sets the internal memory killer to the following settings: Foreground Apps: 1536 pages / 6 MB Visible Apps: 2048 pages / 8 MB Secondary Server: 4096 pages / 16 MB Hidden Apps: 15360 pages / 60 MB Content Provider: 17920 pages / 70 MB Empty App: 20480 pages / 80 MB
    • lowmem-aggressive

Sets the internal memory killer to the following settings: Foreground Apps: 1536 pages / 6 MB Visible Apps: 3072 pages / 12 MB Secondary Server: 4096 pages / 16 MB Hidden Apps: 21000 pages / 82 MB Content Provider: 23000 pages / 90 MB Empty App: 25000 pages / 98 MB
    • lowmem-extreme

Sets the internal memory killer to the following settings: Foreground Apps: 1536 pages / 6 MB Visible Apps: 3072 pages / 12 MB Secondary Server: 4096 pages / 16 MB Hidden Apps: 38400 pages / 150 MB Content Provider: 40960 pages / 160 MB Empty App: 43520 pages / 170 MB
    • lowmem-ultimate

Sets the internal memory killer to the following settings: Foreground Apps: 1536 pages / 6 MB Visible Apps: 3072 pages / 12 MB Secondary Server: 4096 pages / 16 MB Hidden Apps: 51200 pages / 200 MB Content Provider: 57600 pages / 225 MB Empty App: 64000 pages / 250 MB
    • lowmem-default

Sets the internal memory killer back to phone default settings.SD Card Maintenance Commands
    • forcecheck

Forces Darktremor Apps2SD to force check the EXT partition on the SD card when phone is rebooted.
    • convert-ext3

Converts an EXT2 partition to an EXT3 partition. Note: Boot process will take longer due to the conversion.
    • convert-ext4

Converts an EXT3 partition to an EXT4 partition. Note: You must execute a2sd convert-ext3 first if you are trying to convert from EXT2 to EXT4. Boot process will take longer due to the conversion.

AND I PROMISE YOU YOU I DONT THINK YOU CAN BRICK IT AND IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG TO WERE I CANT FIX THE PROMB ILL GIVE MY MERCURY

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by itrustno1 View Post
    Anyways, I'm dreading the CLEAR DATA button in Applications-Manage Applications-Browser-CLEAR DATA (56.2mb) cause then all the bookmarks will be gone, re-login to all my usual websites, basically starting all over from scratch. UNLESS SOMEONE KNOWS HOW TO REMEDY MY PROBLEM AND WOULD BE KIND ENOUGH TO HELP ME, er, US.
    go into your web browser. press menu key->more->settings->clear cache

this will not lose your bookmarks or site logins. it will only clear out the temporary files stored on your phone that speed up the sites you go to the most. see this link for more information

What's a browser cache, how do I "clear" it, and why would I want to?

p.s warranty claim has very tight restrictions, there cannot be a scratch or dent on the phone at all.

Last edited by indica; 04-05-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

So what all this comes down to if you want to have 15 games and and still have 158 mb of internal storage like do root the phone flash darktrenors apps2sd in recovery restart the phone open up android terminal eliminater from you phone you find the app on the market then you would enter these commands

$su Hit enter
    #A2sd datasd Hit enter agin

Then it will do a bunch of codeing when it says y/n hit the y on your keyboard the if will finish up and will rebot

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Android Titan; 04-05-2012 at 10:50 AM.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend2

I rooted my ascend2 like an hour after I got it, and i've never worried too much about the warranty. Now I am pretty careful how I treat my phone, hardware-wise but that's how I am with all my stuff. Software is another story. I try to do my research, and keep a few backups on hand before I do anything, but occasionally i'll freeze it up. I learned on my ascend 1, and unbricked that one many times, so I wasn't intimidated to try on 2. So far(knock on wood) using forums and the tools available I can always find a fix. Besides, if I were to physically wreck my phone, it would be the fate dealt out for not being careful. Android Titan is right though, Root it and put dta2sd, or a rom with it. You won't believe how much memory will be free. Itrustino, you may even be able to fix that pesky dropped call problem...

Phone
    Galaxy S3

He knows how much memory I had and my benchmark scores lol huh mandozer my ascend 2 blows everyone's out the water not one other ascend can top mine

That gives me an idea let's see who has can top my phone I'll post some benchmark scores and how much ram I have and memory and see if anyone cab top my 864 MHz overclockd
    Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Android Titan; 04-06-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend2

Quote Originally Posted by Android Titan View Post
    He knows how much memory I had and my benchmark scores lol huh mandozer my ascend 2 blows everyone's out the water not one other ascend can top mine

That gives me an idea let's see who has can top my phone I'll post some benchmark scores and how much ram I have and memory and see if anyone cab top my 864 MHz overclockd
    Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk
    Yeah I've seen your benchmark! Damn! I still wish I knew how you did it.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Phone
    huawei ascend II

hello i have rooted the phone with the superuser / elite for 2.3.6 that is one of your fourms and i am looking to get the same space out of intrnial storage as mine still shows the app strage 143mb used and 18 mg free. any time i use more than one app the apps crash how can i fix this also remove the muve app i dont need it at all. looking to get the best out of me 4gb sd card

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information