Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Multitouch

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Huawei Ascend II

Multitouch

I've been using Vadim's asCend2 rom for a while now (it's fantastic) and one of the things it includes is enabled multitouch. (Yeah, it's turned off in the stock rom...)

Therefore the A2 does support multitouch it just has to be turned on through a kernal (in which case your A2 needs to be rooted). There be ways of turning it on through editing some files via root explorer but I'm not exactly sure. PlayfulGod or Vadim can probably comment on that much better than I can.

I just wanted to let everyone know.

YAY FOR ANGRY BIRDS ZOOM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Verified Developer

yea multi-touch is a permission that has to be added and config'd in the kernel as well I think. CM7A2 will have it as well

I'm working on a kernel for the OC atm but will look into adding mt to A2tude too.

NO!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!

Huawei had a very important reason for disabling a basic function of the phone. A very important reason.

Yep... really, really important...

It reduces wear on...

Multi-touch could cause it to...

ummm.....

well...

Ok, I give up. WHY the hell did they disable that??? I am using Vadim's ROM as well and it seems to work perfectly. I can't figure this one out.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Romp View Post
    NO!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!

Huawei had a very important reason for disabling a basic function of the phone. A very important reason.

It reduces wear on...

ummm.....

well...

Ok, I give up. WHY the hell did they disable that??? I am using Vadim's ROM as well and it seems to work perfectly. I can't figure this one out.
    It should be obvious, two fingers on your screen means one less finger in your nose. Huawei is clearly pro nose.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

And now the real reason I have a screen protector is revealed.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

For those developer types:

Is there an easy way to enable multitouch on the A2 after root? Maybe a update done through recovery that only does that? I know alot of my customers would want it, but not a full blown rom change.

Please give it some though. Perhaps I can send energy drinks or something to whoever can make it happen. Or I could click on your links!
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Verified Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post

Is there an easy way to enable multitouch on the A2 after root? Maybe a update done through recovery that only does that? I know alot of my customers would want it, but not a full blown rom change.

Please give it some though. Perhaps I can send energy drinks or something to whoever can make it happen. Or I could click on your links!
    I think its actually a setting in the build.prop and maybe a permission file that can be added to system/etc/permissions. I could be wrong tho as I've not investigated it much.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
    I think its actually a setting in the build.prop and maybe a permission file that can be added to system/etc/permissions. I could be wrong tho as I've not investigated it much.
    Well when you get some free time....

Phone
    Huawei Ascend II

Quote Originally Posted by Romp View Post
    NO!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!

It reduces wear on...

ummm.....

well...

Perhaps so that you'll be more inclined to buying the multi-touch-enabled Glory when it comes out?? The Huawei Ascend II's only really saddening features were the lack of multi-touch and focus-able camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post

I was actually thinking about that too. It would be nice if all that A2 users really had to do was use some kind of zip file through recovery that could easily update the stock to include multi-touch. MCF or one of the users on here could easily make a video showing how simple it is to root, add Clockwork Mod, and then flash the multi-touch.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
    Is there a way we could ask Vadim? Is that guy even contactable? Lol.

Verified Developer

Quote Originally Posted by natebarrett11 View Post
    Perhaps so that you'll be more inclined to buying the multi-touch-enabled Glory when it comes out?? The Huawei Ascend II's only really saddening features were the lack of multi-touch and focus-able camera.

I was actually thinking about that too. It would be nice if all that A2 users really had to do was use some kind of zip file through recovery that could easily update the stock to include multi-touch. MCF or one of the users on here could easily make a video showing how simple it is to root, add Clockwork Mod, and then flash the multi-touch.

Is there a way we could ask Vadim? Is that guy even contactable? Lol.
    good luck on getting any info from him lol. He hits n runs, wont be seen til he has something else to offer.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

PG I started a thread about this over on PPA. Figured you have plenty to do and I have a people asking daily about this. If you could encourage any of your peeps over there to give it a go I'd be grateful.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Oops. That close thread check box likes me.

Verified Developer

lmao, feel free to ccp my PM to you on this

To enable MT on the A2 , the synaptics driver has to be edited and the kernel recompiled, huawei bastages added a line to exempt the M865/u86500 and a mt permission.xml added to system/etc/permissions. I've compiled my own kernel etc, but it doesnt boot for some reason. And since I dont have A2, it makes it difficult to test and see why its nots booting etc. But MT can n has been enabled on the A2, and CM7A2 will have it
    Last edited by Woof; 09-07-2011 at 10:08 PM. Reason: add info

They were stupid for disabling this I might not want the glory anymore I hope the Glory live up to its hype and specs remember the huawei ascen 2 was supposed to have a 800MHz processor but sadly no and why is huawei still making phones with no led flash. At least htc added led flash in theire mid range device

Verified Developer

A2tude v1.72 is in testing now, real overclocking, MT, and soon as I get wifi working again it will be posted

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information