Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall activity: 0%

Clockworkmod is a replacement recovery utility. Basically it allows you to flash patches or roms to you device, partition the sd,, format partitions, backup the device, and more.

i think i saw there is a beta one for the Ascend 2 floating around.

As Thomas said, yes you can partition and format it without CWM. Check Google for help.

As for moving apps back, right next to the button to create tke links is one to unlink them. when you unlink, it will copy the files back to the d if you have room.

UPDATE: I installed the Ascend 2 CWM from here
    http://prepaidandroids.net/topic/237...y-rc1-working/

Works great.

Last edited by Romp; 08-09-2011 at 03:19 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Deleting Bloat:

i hate having programs on my phone I dont want, like the trial version of Uno.

How to remove?

Get Root Explorer from the Marketplace.
    Navigate to /cust/cricket/us/app and delete what you want gone. You will have to click in Root Explorer on R/W to be able to delete the files

I am not sure if this is required but i wanted to make sure htere were no leftover cache files. Ffrom CWM i wiped the cache and Dalvik cache.

Phone
    Ascend II

I just bought my Ascend II about a week ago and I must say I was very impressed. I had the Ascend I before the new model and I can't believe how much better it is. If you look at the specs, it really isn't that much more beefed up. The first thing I did was download a nice live wallpaper and I was shocked at how smooth it ran. Second...I tried Angry Birds....very nice. Even though it suffered from some choppiness....it did pretty well. Over the past week, I installed Go Launcher EX to apply a few different skins and it runs them perfectly. Battery time is better than I expected and some people have complained of the phone getting warm....I have not encountered that...thank GOD. I usually keep mine in Wi-Fi mode while I am at home and I cant believe how fast it downloads. With the addition to the wireless N....it really speeds things up. The rotating works on 3 different sides is a plus and I love the proximity sensor when making calls. take it away from your ear and it turns on UNLOCKED and a single botton to get the keypad. The old Ascend was a pain in the butt if you had to hit a number (automated calls) having to first turn the screen on, then unlocking, then having to slide the menu up...then......well you get the picture. The notification LED is a major plus.

Now for the not-so-good. This is something that has plagued Cricket phones for YEARS. No flash for the so called 5MP camera!! Seriously, its not that hard to add a simple action triggered LED. Which that brings up another let down. It is Advertised as a 5MP camera.....NO FREAKING WAY!!!! If that is 5MPs....then Obama is a good President. C'mon Cricket....you didnt have to blow smoke up our rears on that one. Also, there is no camera button anymore. Why this change, I do not know. Its nice having one and makes it easier to take pictures than to touch the screen. But my 2 major and most important disappointments.....No multi-touch screen and NO FLASH (Adobe that is). Seems like flash anything was omitted. There are lower end Android phones that support the multi-touch. But the big one is NO ADOBE FLASH. Imagine a deer in headlight look on my face when this is one thing that should be standard....not only something that people have wanted Android 2.3 for. Sure....I can root it and all that stuff but I like having that warranty in case something happens to my phone.

All in all, Cricket and Huawei did a wonderful job with this phone. If I were to rate it between 1-10....I would give it an 7. I think this will do until a higher end phone comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by gigaware View Post
    I just bought my Ascend II about a week ago and I must say I was very impressed. I had the Ascend I before the new model and I can't believe how much better it is. If you look at the specs, it really isn't that much more beefed up. The first thing I did was download a nice live wallpaper and I was shocked at how smooth it ran. Second...I tried Angry Birds....very nice. Even though it suffered from some choppiness....it did pretty well. Over the past week, I installed Go Launcher EX to apply a few different skins and it runs them perfectly. Battery time is better than I expected and some people have complained of the phone getting warm....I have not encountered that...thank GOD. I usually keep mine in Wi-Fi mode while I am at home and I cant believe how fast it downloads. With the addition to the wireless N....it really speeds things up. The rotating works on 3 different sides is a plus and I love the proximity sensor when making calls. take it away from your ear and it turns on UNLOCKED and a single botton to get the keypad. The old Ascend was a pain in the butt if you had to hit a number (automated calls) having to first turn the screen on, then unlocking, then having to slide the menu up...then......well you get the picture. The notification LED is a major plus.

Now for the not-so-good. This is something that has plagued Cricket phones for YEARS. No flash for the so called 5MP camera!! Seriously, its not that hard to add a simple action triggered LED. Which that brings up another let down. It is Advertised as a 5MP camera.....NO FREAKING WAY!!!! If that is 5MPs....then Obama is a good President. C'mon Cricket....you didnt have to blow smoke up our rears on that one. Also, there is no camera button anymore. Why this change, I do not know. Its nice having one and makes it easier to take pictures than to touch the screen. But my 2 major and most important disappointments.....No multi-touch screen and NO FLASH (Adobe that is). Seems like flash anything was omitted. There are lower end Android phones that support the multi-touch. But the big one is NO ADOBE FLASH. Imagine a deer in headlight look on my face when this is one thing that should be standard....not only something that people have wanted Android 2.3 for. Sure....I can root it and all that stuff but I like having that warranty in case something happens to my phone.

All in all, Cricket and Huawei did a wonderful job with this phone. If I were to rate it between 1-10....I would give it an 7. I think this will do until a higher end phone comes out.
    Nice review!

Phone
    Ascend II

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Nice review!
    Thanks!!

Gigaware,

You wanted Flash?

just remember you are dealing with a very low memory system. Your browser may crash depending on what you are looking at. I HIGHLY recommend you set plug-ins to on demand" instead of the default "Always" (under settings in the browser)

(Not sure why my uploaded file shows 3 times. Only need to install the one file.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information