Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

New to Ascend2, new to Cricket and YIKES* new to smartphones!

Hi, I guess I should start with new to smartphone usage. Yes, I do use a computer in fact all the time and worked in the computer field for 35 years as an analyst/translator between supply chain busiess models and programming. No coding but not too stupid either. I just did not need more after I became disabled and was not running all over any more. I moved halfway across the country and now want/need more. I was also waiting until my contract with ATT was over to move to Cricket. Living on disability made using other carriers cost prohibitive.

So, new to Cricket and Ascend 2. Have found a few apps but have no idea the ones I should/or will want to have. I hate Cricket's customer support via phone if you do not remember your 'code' not even a way to tell them you forgot it. The phone has almost been ok, too many junk apps I have no idea if I can remove and now I have to drive almost an hour to a specific Cricket store to see if anyone can figure out why after trying to boot my phone goes into "FTM Mode" and hangs there. Phone support (after I made this drive to said Cricket store to get my 'code' 2 days before the phone died with apparently gender identity disorder. I would like my phone to stay an F) this seriously sucks. No one seems to know anything.

Knowing from the computer that more space is better I purchased a 16G microSD card (Sandisk Mobile Ultra 'waterproof' and 'temperature proof' 'ideal fror Android'). I am hoping I can get it installed with all the stuff I have on the one in the phone now. Only had the phone 2 weeks so not much downloaded. Not sure how to transfer stuff from current card to new once since they won't both live in the phone at the same time and more than the phone itself will hold apparetly. <--- one of the things showing my lack of time with the genre. Don't know what I don't know.

Any places to go to get caught up welcome as well as suggested necessary apps. I am a foodie, travel some, and a photographer. I will still do most of my photo work off the phone but cropping and a few other things would be nice for stuff staying on the phone.

OK, I'll stop now. Oh, my name is Cee. Post away or message me wth thoughts. THANKS so much!!!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Huawei Ascend2

You could copy old sdcard to pc and then transfer to new one with card reader.

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by Pfox View Post
    after trying to boot my phone goes into "FTM Mode" and hangs there. Phone support (after I made this drive to said Cricket store to get my 'code' 2 days before the phone died with apparently gender identity disorder. I would like my phone to stay an F) this seriously sucks. No one seems to know anything.
    laughing so hard. . . may i suggest the search feature of this forum. there are a few posts on this problem. as far as removing the apps and such, there are also a lot of things you can do. stick around and read lots more threads, utilizing the search!

Thread Information