Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

No recovery whatsoever??

I tried flashing Clockwork Recovery, and now when I hold power and +vol, it says at the white huawei screen. Same with fastboot, but that never worked in the first place (may be from the stock 2.3.3 that I downdated to for root purposes) so how can I get a recovery with both of those down?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Quote Originally Posted by drabes View Post
    I tried flashing Clockwork Recovery, and now when I hold power and +vol, it says at the white huawei screen. Same with fastboot, but that never worked in the first place (may be from the stock 2.3.3 that I downdated to for root purposes) so how can I get a recovery with both of those down?
    The fastboot will only show the huawei logo, and requires pulling the battery to exit. But while it's in that mode you should be able to flash a new Clockwork Recovery using a PC. My phone did this to me too after updating the recovery, but it fixed just fine when I flashed a new one. The last one I used was the one Duck supplied with his new Duckmod.

In case you (or someone else reading this) doesn't already know.

Once you have the CMW zip file, you unzip it on your computer, boot your phone into fastboot (with the phone off press the Vol- button then power hold both for ~10 seconds) the screen should have a logo (by default this would be the huawei logo) and not progress any farther.

Plug in the USB cable to your Computer. (You computer should detect a device being plugged in)

From the computer run the files you unzipped from the CMW zip file in this order

abd-[your OS]
    fastboot-[your OS]
    install-recovery-[your OS]

Assuming that each of these complete successfully, you should be ready to reboot the phone by removing the battery for 5 seconds.

To boot into the new recovery you just flashed press the Vol+ button and the power button, keep both held down for ~10 sec or until the recovery screen comes up.

Hope this helps!

Overall activity: 0%

I'll try it later this evening, when I have the phone near me. Thanks!

Thread Information