Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

It's almost too bad its not running at 399mhz out of the box. It's a pretty snappy little device considering it's limitations and if that was at 399, imagine how awesome it would be at 600. I'm kinda bummed about it now.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    ASCEND 2

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    ^^ What PG said. Take it to a corp store and politely ask that they replace it under factory warranty. This close you your purchase date , they should swap it for free. They will of course need to duplicate the problem.
    Good luck.
    so are you saying i should take it back to the store i bought it from..? or a different store? you see the store i bought it from has given me problems before (similar situation) they said since i didnt put the "insurance" on the phone i had to buy a new one or id have to send it out to some unknown location to be inspected and repaired but the huawei corporation.(seemed like bs to me then too..) The problem is i didnt put the insurance on this phone either, so im essentialy screwed at least by that store, unless like i mentioned before you meant a different store. Both cricket stores in my location seem to be run by inexperienced or shady people.

Thank you for the reponses.
    -J.

Verified Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Newboijuls View Post
    so are you saying i should take it back to the store i bought it from..? or a different store? you see the store i bought it from has given me problems before (similar situation) they said since i didnt put the "insurance" on the phone i had to buy a new one or id have to send it out to some unknown location to be inspected and repaired but the huawei corporation.(seemed like bs to me then too..) The problem is i didnt put the insurance on this phone either, so im essentialy screwed at least by that store, unless like i mentioned before you meant a different store. Both cricket stores in my location seem to be run by inexperienced or shady people.

Thank you for the reponses.
    -J.
    yea but you just got it 2 days ago. They give you any lip call corp right there in front of them.

Phone
    ASCEND 2

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
    yea but you just got it 2 days ago. They give you any lip call corp right there in front of them.
    whats the corporate number?

Verified Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Newboijuls View Post
    whats the corporate number?
    that I dont know lol, look it up n program it b4 u go tho

Overall activity: 2.0%
    Phone
    Droid X

Yes take it back to the store. But make sure you go to the main Cricket Store because if you go to one of the "authorized" dealers, they will most likely tell you to go away. I did this with my OG Ascend when I accidently deleted my sms app. I took it back and said my messages weren't working. The guy looked at it for like 30 minutes to see if I had rooted it or done anything funky to it (which I did lol) and then finally when he couln't find anything, he gave me a brand new one for $20. If you have rooted and done overclocked, flashed a ROM or whatever, make sure you set it back to stock.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfool View Post
    Yes take it back to the store. But make sure you go to the main Cricket Store because if you go to one of the "authorized" dealers, they will most likely tell you to go away. I did this with my OG Ascend when I accidently deleted my sms app. I took it back and said my messages weren't working. The guy looked at it for like 30 minutes to see if I had rooted it or done anything funky to it (which I did lol) and then finally when he couln't find anything, he gave me a brand new one for $20. If you have rooted and done overclocked, flashed a ROM or whatever, make sure you set it back to stock.
    Nice of you to admit you're a shady rip-off artist and a big time n00b.

Overall activity: 2.0%
    Phone
    Droid X

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    Nice of you to admit you're a shady rip-off artist and a big time n00b.
    Why you trolling man? Get a life. After all the shitty customer service from Cricket I think I deserve that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Please stop this.

The next person that continues on that route will receive a ban.

Phone
    Huawei m865

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    I had the video... It runs at 600 mhz and as low as 245mhz. This was a stock Ascend 2. Come on guys...

your a moron... who said it was CLOCKED for 399? nobody. it was SET for 399. of course if you dl set cpu you can then SET it to 600. i bought the phone the first week it was out. before it was rooted, i downloaded CPUINFO. it gives you what the cpu is running at etc, and it runs in your status bar in the drop down so you can quickly check what its running at dif times... STOCK ITS SET AT 399 PERFOMANCE. and fyi it goes from 122 to 600. not 245

Quote Originally Posted by GeezusChricket View Post
    your a moron...
    Is that really necessary?

We consider that a personal attack. Please try to choose your words carefully next time.

Thanks!

-Avenue

Quote Originally Posted by GeezusChricket View Post
    your a moron... who said it was CLOCKED for 399? nobody. it was SET for 399. of course if you dl set cpu you can then SET it to 600. i bought the phone the first week it was out. before it was rooted, i downloaded CPUINFO. it gives you what the cpu is running at etc, and it runs in your status bar in the drop down so you can quickly check what its running at dif times... STOCK ITS SET AT 399 PERFOMANCE. and fyi it goes from 122 to 600. not 245
    Well, I'm a little lost here.. From what I've read, it's supposed to be at 600 Mhz. Also, from what I've heard, with SetCPU it will only go up to 600 Mhz. That's why somebody asked if overclock was available, right? So, if the phone was set at 399 Mhz (which I'm pretty sure it's not.. I haven't heard of an Android phone with a processor that slow), how was Chris able to "overclock" it to 600 Mhz?

Sorry, I'm a little confused here. I do understand that the phone can be set to a lower speed when the screen is off. Is that what you were referring to?

Thanks!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

First off this thread is for the people in this thread who are not capable of reading. Let me quote post number 2. Yes the post right under the OP. Number two in line. Just a little below the opener. Not too much. The Pepsi One of posts. Note quite the first, but far from the last.

"You may have a defective phone since the A2 is clocked @399Mhz out of the box and I know of a few ppl running them @600hz with no issues."

If I must record an audio file for those who have a hard problem with reading, I will. I'll even make a Youtube video for that.

Now I don't play with low cost devices much. It's just not my cup of tea. I do make mistakes, but does that make me a moron? Nah I think it makes me more human. I've made enough right choices in my life in this place and in the sandbox to keep me alive which I think is much more important.

SetCPU description:

"SetCPU is a CPU speed tweaking application for Android. More specifically, it allows control of certain aspects of the Linux cpufreq driver, allowing for overclocking, underclocking, or tweaking speeds and settings on many Android devices. It will work with most if not all rooted Android 1.5/1.6/2.0/2.1/2.2/2.3/3.0/3.1 builds on most devices."

Now the device in my video was not rooted. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think that SetCPU would let me tweak any of those values without root. Instead it would just display the current settings.

I also have a pet peeve with the misuse of the English language when trying to degrade others especially. Your does not equal you are. It actually shows posession.

I also try to make it not a point to piss off the owner of a forum for no good reason.

If there are errors in this post, it's probably cause I'm driving with my left leg at 80mph down the road. Yes you've ticked me off enough.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Huawei m865

YOU NEED TO BE ROOTED TO USE ANY CPU APP THAT ALLOWS YOU TO CHANGE IT.
    it goes to 600 yes. if you yourself opened your cpu app and set it at 399 (which isnt a choice 320 is the closest) and set it to performance thats how the phone comes out of the box. when you dl a cpu app and set it to 600 max and 245 min thats whats in the vid

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

How did it change it WITHOUT root access? This is BEFORE the root exploit was discovered for this device.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information