Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Phone
    Huawei m865

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    First off this thread is for the people in this thread who are not capable of reading. Let me quote post number 2. Yes the post right under the OP. Number two in line. Just a little below the opener. Not too much. The Pepsi One of posts. Note quite the first, but far from the last.

"You may have a defective phone since the A2 is clocked @399Mhz out of the box and I know of a few ppl running them @600hz with no issues."

If I must record an audio file for those who have a hard problem with reading, I will. I'll even make a Youtube video for that.

Now I don't play with low cost devices much. It's just not my cup of tea. I do make mistakes, but does that make me a moron? Nah I think it makes me more human. I've made enough right choices in my life in this place and in the sandbox to keep me alive which I think is much more important.

SetCPU description:

"SetCPU is a CPU speed tweaking application for Android. More specifically, it allows control of certain aspects of the Linux cpufreq driver, allowing for overclocking, underclocking, or tweaking speeds and settings on many Android devices. It will work with most if not all rooted Android 1.5/1.6/2.0/2.1/2.2/2.3/3.0/3.1 builds on most devices."

Now the device in my video was not rooted. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think that SetCPU would let me tweak any of those values without root. Instead it would just display the current settings.

I also have a pet peeve with the misuse of the English language when trying to degrade others especially. Your does not equal you are. It actually shows posession.

I also try to make it not a point to piss off the owner of a forum for no good reason.

If there are errors in this post, it's probably cause I'm driving with my left leg at 80mph down the road. Yes you've ticked me off enough.
    read YOUR post and tell me a lil more about your peeve

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Huawei m865

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    How did it change it WITHOUT root access? This is BEFORE the root exploit was discovered for this device.
    i think whats showing in that vid is the max the cpu has. not what it running. cpu info read constantly, 399.76 it never changed. i looked at it every few secs to see. never higher never lower. and i checked it multiple days. THEN when we finally got root, i set 600 and saw a noticable dif. so i know from doing it myself, the phone out of the box, was set at 399.76 and, i apologize for calling you a moron btw

Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by GeezusChricket View Post
    i think whats showing in that vid is the max the cpu has. not what it running. cpu info read constantly, 399.76 it never changed. i looked at it every few secs to see. never higher never lower. and i checked it multiple days. THEN when we finally got root, i set 600 and saw a noticable dif. so i know from doing it myself, the phone out of the box, was set at 399.76 and, i apologize for calling you a moron btw
    Interesting. Aren't the processors usually set to what they're advertised at? For example, with the Motorola Triumph, it's advertised as a 1 Ghz processor. Don't you think they'd set it at 1 Ghz?

Thanks.

-Avenue

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfool View Post
    Why you trolling man? Get a life. After all the shitty customer service from Cricket I think I deserve that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    I'm no troll, but you're a scheming liar.

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    I'm no troll, but you're a scheming liar.
    I already posted a public warning. You chose not to follow.

kennyfool, I highly recommend you don't reply to that.
    Last edited by avenue; 08-13-2011 at 04:12 PM.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend II

Is it possible to overclock the A2 past 600Mhz? I noticed when I read something about SetCPU, it has said that the maximum (maybe customizable?) setting on it is 600Mhz which is why one cannot overclock the A2. If that's true, do phones that clock faster than 600Mhz (say a Droid phone at like 800Mhz) just not use it? I mean, barring few would need to overclock devices much higher than 600Mhz, is it still possible?

Basically, I guess what I'm trying to ask is if the max setting is true about the SetCPU, how does one overclock the A2 to something like 700Mhz or 800Mhz?

Quote Originally Posted by natebarrett11 View Post
    Is it possible to overclock the A2 past 600Mhz? I noticed when I read something about SetCPU, it has said that the maximum (maybe customizable?) setting on it is 600Mhz which is why one cannot overclock the A2. If that's true, do phones that clock faster than 600Mhz (say a Droid phone at like 800Mhz) just not use it? I mean, barring few would need to overclock devices much higher than 600Mhz, is it still possible?

Basically, I guess what I'm trying to ask is if the max setting is true about the SetCPU, how does one overclock the A2 to something like 700Mhz or 800Mhz?
    It looks like they're working on it: http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...oc-kernel.html

Phone
    Huawei Ascend II

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    It looks like they're working on it: http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...oc-kernel.html
    I literally just read thread that after I posted the above.

Verified Developer

Quote Originally Posted by natebarrett11 View Post

The kernel's oc is determined by how its configured when its compiled. Like with stock its max is set at 600Mhz. So with the kernel src we have (yes others are working on it/with me) we should be able to squeeze some more Mhz's out of it. Chatting with isaac about it, he thinks we should be able to get it to about 860ish, since thats what they got out of the Optimus V/M/C.

Phone
    ASCEND 2

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
    The kernel's oc is determined by how its configured when its compiled. Like with stock its max is set at 600Mhz. So with the kernel src we have (yes others are working on it/with me) we should be able to squeeze some more Mhz's out of it. Chatting with isaac about it, he thinks we should be able to get it to about 860ish, since thats what they got out of the Optimus V/M/C.
    wouldnt that burn out the phone? I mean would the hardware be able to handle that?Btw im thinking about just flashing a phone over.. Suggestions on which one works the best?

Verified Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Newboijuls View Post
    wouldnt that burn out the phone? I mean would the hardware be able to handle that?Btw im thinking about just flashing a phone over.. Suggestions on which one works the best?
    Well testing is/will be done to determine whats stable and safe. But yes OC'ing anything above the factory settings run the risk of premature failure. But most manufacturers underclock devices anyhow. When/if this oc kernel is available it will have variable settings like the one for CM7-Ascend, so oc'ing any higher than stock is optional.

EDIT: Oh and I like the DX, tho mine is on Verizon, I know several ppl that have flashed them over to cricket or metro.
    Last edited by PlayfulGod; 08-13-2011 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
    Well testing is/will be done to determine whats stable and safe. But yes OC'ing anything above the factory settings run the risk of premature failure. But most manufacturers underclock devices anyhow. When/if this oc kernel is available it will have variable settings like the one for CM7-Ascend, so oc'ing any higher than stock is optional.

EDIT: Oh and I like the DX, tho mine is on Verizon, I know several ppl that have flashed them over to cricket or metro.
    So, if they underclock the devices, what is the speed that the processor is actually made for? Is there a way to find that out?

Verified Developer

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    So, if they underclock the devices, what is the speed that the processor is actually made for? Is there a way to find that out?
    would have to find a spec sheet from the cpu manufacturer for the cpu the a2 uses.

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 3.0%

hi Ive been a silent member but wanted to add something about cpu and what they are set at . Coming from a cpu factory here is how it works . We make cpu's . We test their fail rate at certain speeds. ones that pass are in box A and ones that fail are in box b . Box b may go to lower buyer for different uses and usually ends up being under clocked to ensure no fail rate . Box A are sold to premium buyers and are garranteed at this speed . So in this situation the average no fail rate was 600 . Which typically is @ 200 mhz under what they were tested for .. Notice some info said it was going to have a 800 cpu ? Im guessing to reduce cost they went with Box b and underclocked to reduce fail rates . Im so sorry if i sound dumb its 202 sitting on the can and need sleep peace
    Last edited by catman25; 08-14-2011 at 01:04 AM. Reason: IM dumb

Phone
    Huawei m865

Quote Originally Posted by catman25 View Post
    hi Ive been a silent member but wanted to add something about cpu and what they are set at . Coming from a cpu factory here is how it works . We make cpu's . We test their fail rate at certain speeds. ones that pass are in box A and ones that fail are in box b . Box b may go to lower buyer for different uses and usually ends up being under clocked to ensure no fail rate . Box A are sold to premium buyers and are garranteed at this speed . So in this situation the average no fail rate was 600 . Which typically is @ 200 mhz under what they were tested for .. Notice some info said it was going to have a 800 cpu ? Im guessing to reduce cost they went with Box b and underclocked to reduce fail rates . Im so sorry if i sound dumb its 202 sitting on the can and need sleep peace
    nice info catman, i was pretty bummed when i discovered 600 was the max on this thing when it was originally supposed to be 800. but oh well, i guess its more fun to flash it anyways haha

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information