Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

What dload are you referring to? Please repost dload link

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    huawei ascend 2

hi everyone. I am new to this rooting thing, I have been reading the post and it is like reading chinese. I have read about the advantages of rooting ans I really want to root my phone. However with all of the different programs and instructions it is really confusing, especially the lingo. Could someone help me with simple step by step instructions with the best way to root. THANKS A MILLION

Phone
    Huawei Ascend 2

Step by Step

Quote Originally Posted by rob0688 View Post
    hi everyone. I am new to this rooting thing, I have been reading the post and it is like reading chinese. I have read about the advantages of rooting ans I really want to root my phone. However with all of the different programs and instructions it is really confusing, especially the lingo. Could someone help me with simple step by step instructions with the best way to root. THANKS A MILLION
    I'm working on a step by step guide. I worked for days on rooting my Ascend 2 and I want to help the people who were in my position. I also see it now from an experienced rooter... I'm having trouble remembering how I did everything. It did take days and it was awhile ago. Although, I am working on it.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend 2

Root Ascend 2 rough draft

You'll need
    SuperOneClick v2.3.3

, Cricket
    Huawei Stock Rom (gingerbread 2.3.3)

, a PC running windows XP or higher and a USB to MicroUSB cable (provided with the phone originally). Download these with your computer not your phone, sometimes the download messes up and the file finishes and may be corrupt. Also use winRAR, windows zip program always says it's corrupt, so does the zip apps you can download from the market. Don't post anything saying that the download doesn't work, sometimes these file sites require registration.

I don't care what anyone says, downgrade to stock 2.3.3. I originally had 2.3.6 and superoneclick didn't work. Downgrading on this was easy. The problem is that there is more than one way to root this phone, and people do it different ways, and we end up picking up instructions from different people who are rooting their phones in different ways.

Extract the "dload" folder from the huawei stock rom with winrar to the root of your sd card.

On your Ascend 2 go to Settings==>about phone, then find the install update from sd card. I tried it for the heck of it. Didn't think it would work but it did. When the phone rebooted, it was v2.3.3. This may delete your personal files on your phone but not your SD Card. so back your stuff up.

Once you are running v2.3.3, on the phone go to Setting==>Applications==>Development and turn on USB Debugging. Hook your phone up to your PC with the USB to MicroUSB cable it should install drivers for ADB if you've never done that before with USB Debugging on. Fire up SuperOneClick and hit the Root button. This may take awhile, since you're running gingerbread v2.3.3 it won't get stuck at step 7. When it says it's completed, look for an app on your phone called SuperUser, if it's there, your phone is rooted. I highly suggest checking out Titanium backup, it's one bad @$* backup tool only for rooted phones. And a reboot program that will boot your phone into bootloader mode, then you can easily install the CWM for duckmod, which is pretty kick butt for the Ascend 2. PM me or report any problems you run into.

Phone
    huawei ascend 2

hey Perfect thanks for the info. The lingo however is kicking my but. after i extract the stock 2.3.3 then i send it to my phn's sd card? and what is adb?

Phone
    Huawei Ascend 2

Yeah you extract the dload folder from the 2.3.3 stock zip,to the root of the SD card. Adb is the debugging drivers windows installs so it can work with your phone. In laments terms. I had to get used to the lingo too.

Phone
    huawei ascend 2

do i also put super1click onto my sd card after i unzip it or do i run it from my computer?

Phone
    huawei ascend 2

i got it to root,,,,now it says: cannot removesystem app.......failed to locate the apk file

So once that is done, how do you get rid of all the bloatware that is installed on your phone?

Quote Originally Posted by brecheese78 View Post
    So once that is done, how do you get rid of all the bloatware that is installed on your phone?
    Get something like root explorer or similar. Delete the /cust file. Maybe its /data/cust. Whichever has the apps

Sent from my M886

Phone
    Huawei Ascend 2

Yeah everyone says its some custom folder, and are not sure. Root explorer nowadays costs money unless you get it off a torrent site. Download Titanium Backup, one of the most useful root programs there are in my opinion. Open Titanium Backup and select Backup And restore. You'll see a list of apps on your phone, pick the one you want to remove, and touch it. Then select wipe, then uninstall. That's how you get rid of boat ware.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectswanson View Post
    Yeah everyone says its some custom folder, and are not sure. Root explorer nowadays costs money unless you get it off a torrent site. Download Titanium Backup, one of the most useful root programs there are in my opinion. Open Titanium Backup and select Backup And restore. You'll see a list of apps on your phone, pick the one you want to remove, and touch it. Then select wipe, then uninstall. That's how you get rid of boat ware.
    Which is why I said "or similar".... and if I remember correctly TB didn't work on the ascend 2, could be wrong tho

Sent from my M886

Overall activity: 1.0%

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

the file shown to help root the m865 is deleted ANY OTHER WAY TO ROOT THIS DAMN THING LOL

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

How to root the huawei ascend 2

None of these proposed resolutions work. So let's try putting some useful info on here you think...

Overall activity: 1.0%

Unlock the file...

Password to unlock the SuperoneClick 2.3.3 file??

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information