Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Phone
    Huawei Ascend 2

Question Question about the Huawei Ascend 2!

I have a question about the Huawei Ascend 2. Okay I've used the phone for a while and I love it, but I have one question about it. You know when your texting a friend you can put any picture you want as there contact picture, what I am wondering is how I can put a picture for me!? Everytime I text a friend I see the picture i put for there contact info next to their text and next to my text there's just a grey square. Does anyone one know how to put a picture for myself to see next to my text?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Huawei Ascend 2

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe that is done in your gmail settings. You can get to those by going go gmail on your desktop browser. It should be called "My Picture" in the "General" tab of "Mail Settings"

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

You can go to contact and edit. Under the same grey square you can change the image of it. So sorry about this OMG.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend 2

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Paul Baker im still a little confused if you dont mind can you explain in a little more detail?
    What i did do was log on into my Gmail account through my computer and and put up a picture of myself in my Gmail profile to see if it worked, but it didnt work either.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

avillal87 i had made a contact of my self with my name, phone number, and a photo of myself but this did not work.

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

Paul Baker i also went into the Gmail App my phone came with buy i could not find My Pictures.
    Last edited by OuchDaviid; 11-19-2011 at 08:40 AM.

Overall activity: 0%

You DO NOT need to make several posts throughout the forum for just one problem. Also, please do not send a PM to the staff on here.

When you have a problem, you can create ONE thread, and then wait for a reply.

Thank you.

Same Question

I'm afraid I'm having the same problem. I made a contact for myself (my number) and assigned it a contact icon/ photo.... but in my text messages, my icon when talking to friends is still the grey android icon. I even sent myself a text, and the message sent out had the grey icon, while the message I recieved (from myself, it was the same message) had the photo from my conact!

What's more, I can't figure out how to change the layout of my text messages. I know that there's more layouts than the green-and-white speaking bubbles, but I can't find the place to change it. I've lost my original manual in a recent move and can't find this information in the online manual. I've also searched my normal settings for anything about text message layout (found nothing) and went into the settings of the text message center (where I found nothing about layout, once again).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend 2

I did the same, I sent a text to my self and the text I sent didn't have a photo but the one I got did.

I also did not know that you can edit the green and grey text bubble.

Thread Information