Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

my first time here... I performed an upgrade to OS 2.3.6. i backed-up using allbackup as recommended.

after the update was completed, I tried to restore my date from sd card using all backup. the program seemed to work, but when i turn my phone of and restart it, I still don't have my data, apps or settings. what am I doing wrong?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

your doing nothing wrong the sad part about the stock recovery is it wont back up all the info all the time thats why everyone roots there phone and put a custom recovery like clockworkmod recovery

I can't seem to restore.

I am using 2.3.5 Gingerbread and i have the Clockwork Recover v4.0.1.5

I copied the dload directory from the zip file to my sdcard with winrar

but when I do the restore part Vol - Vol + Power the bottom lights blink and it says update failed.

Please help.

There was an upgrade from cricket (I believe it was the first firmware upgrade that they released for the ascend 2) and it allowed for wireless tethering without having to pay the extra money. Does anyone have a zip of the upgrade? or is there a place I can download it?
    Thanks for the help

Overall activity: 2.0%

Can someone post a working update.app its 235mb in size after unziping please so many ppl need this including me. I would appreciate it so much,
    My email is harvin305@gmail.com

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by harvin305 View Post
    Can someone post a working update.app its 235mb in size after unziping please so many ppl need this including me. I would appreciate it so much,
    My email is harvin305@gmail.com
    If you need 2.3.3 go to the thread called "Root for 2.2.3,.2.3.4,.2.3.5 ascend II" or whatever it was called.
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

No i need to restore my phone back to stock but none of the gingrbread zips are working ive done this before . I need the file that goes in the dload folder it called update.app and its about 235 mb in size i think. none of these links are working they are all empty when i download them and ive looked all over the internet. I was able to download this file back then when megaupload was working i havnt had any luck after it went dwn shame. Plz help me

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123 View Post
    If you need 2.3.3 go to the thread called "Root for 2.2.3,.2.3.4,.2.3.5 ascend II" or whatever it was called.
    No i need to restore my phone back to stock but none of the gingrbread zips are working ive done this before . I need the file that goes in the dload folder it called update.app and its about 235 mb in size i think. none of these links are working they are all empty when i download them and ive looked all over the internet. I was able to download this file back then when megaupload was working i havnt had any luck after it went dwn shame. Plz help me

First off I'd like to say that I asked for help and got none but its ok. I'm willing to help those who need the same help as me. To restore to stock go to this site thnx to playfuldroidz

http://playfuldroidz.com/media/Ascen...INGERBREAD.zip

After it downloads change the name of the file from .zip to .rar example: US_Cricket_huawei_m865_GINGERBREAD.rar

Extract on phone or 7zip copy the dload folder to the root of SD card
    Turn phone off press volume+and volume - and power together at the same time. Let firmware upgrade. Phone will reboot about 3 times leave it alone untill it actually starts. And booya restored back to stock lol hope this helped those who needed it

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Flash your M865 Ascend II back to Stock - PlayfulDroidz Wiki

links working, use 7zip or winrar. windows will not recognize this .zip file

Last edited by indica; 07-25-2012 at 02:01 PM.

thanks

I appreciate your reply. I am new to do-it-yourself cricket repair. the service guy at the cricket store said my phone couldn't be fixed, so I'm grateful the method listed in this thread was successful on my m865.

There is an issue that I haven't seen discussed. It's about muve music that now comes with cricket smart phn plans. This version of gingerbread doesn't include muve app. Is there somewhere where i can get that so I can take advantage of the free music?

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

update your phone from the settings menu. it will wipe everything and it's about 80MB download. it includes muve music, and tethering if you're on the correct plan

Overall activity: 22.0%
    Customer Since
    Feb 2011

Anyone have the 2.3.5 firmware update zip? I really don't like the 2.3.6 update.

Overall activity: 1.0%

I have an interesting problem, and I've read a lot of posts, but so far, I haven't found one that matches mine completely.

Firstly, I acquired this phone from my sister, after she bought a new one since this one is messed up. It won't boot up, it seems to be stuck in a boot loop with the white huawei logo screen (comes on for 2 seconds and reboots). I know it was rooted (at least at one point), and I've tried putting the stock rom as mentioned in this forum. I don't even know if the Recovery is stock, and maybe you can tell me when I describe it to you... when I hold vol up/vol down/power, it comes up with a black screen, "Firmware update Step 1/2 Unpacking" with a purple bar... as soon as it changes to "Step 2 Installing", it says Update failed with a Yellow Caution symbol, and the lights at the bottom flash quickly.
    Edit: I've tried 3 different 2.3.5 download links, they all give me the same result.

What caused all of this was... there was an over-the-air update that tried to install, and the system said it ran out of memory, and rebooted... and it hasn't turned on since.

I thought of trying to install CWM Clockwork, but to get into Fastboot (I've tried both vol up/power, and vol down/power, holding them for 10 seconds), it just continues to bootloop. I can't try any of the methods in the OS, since it doesn't boot up. Vol up/Vol down/Power is the only thing that seems to work for me, just with no success of install. I'm waiting on her to call me back to tell me if it's rooted, and if the recovery has been changed.

Any hope for me, or is it officially bricked? I've flashed and rooted many phones, so you can be technical with me.
    Last edited by chrisdavis97; 01-05-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Overall activity: 1.0%

So i have a question when i try to gard reset my hauwei ascend 2 I get an error message saying firmawre update 1/2 failed how i can i fix this or bypass this???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information