Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: root access

Overall activity: 0%

Thomas, it might help if you post a goal. How much would you like to have donated before you continue your work on the Huawei Ascend 2?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G

I just finished programming my epic with everything including mms and now I can try and help out here as my wife has the ascend 2. Look forward to working with you thomas.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Thomas, it might help if you post a goal. How much would you like to have donated before you continue your work on the Huawei Ascend 2?
    What you guys feel my time is worth. To just post a dollar amount is jerkish but please understand my point of view.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by epicnewbie69 View Post
    I just finished programming my epic with everything including mms and now I can try and help out here as my wife has the ascend 2. Look forward to working with you thomas.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    awesome can you code?

Phone
    Huawei Ascend II

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    What you guys feel my time is worth. To just post a dollar amount is jerkish but please understand my point of view.
    Honestly, if many of us don't know programming most of us would probably don't know how much to pay a programer. I certainly don't, but I'm willing to help.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by natebarrett11 View Post
    Honestly, if many of us don't know programming most of us would probably don't know how much to pay a programer. I certainly don't, but I'm willing to help.
    I see what you mean, just didnt want to sound like a jerk lol. Typically your donation and up are welcome.They REALLY help.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend II

I see what you mean, just didnt want to sound like a jerk lol. Typically your donation and up are welcome.They REALLY help.
    I can imagine. I mean if just 11 people donate $5, that's a whole month of service for a Cricket Android plan. Or a week of food for one person. Or a few hours of overtime pay that can instead be dedicated to rooting a phone.

I'm on my way to college. I understand how you feel, mate (thank god I pushed myself hard enough in high school and get it all covered or things would be a lot more difficult). Especially in this economy, anything and everything extra helps.

I guess Avenue's point was that if you can give us a rough number we can set a goal and push to reach that goal for the benefit of both you and the community. I mean, rooting the phone and you getting donations sufficient to what helps you is a win-win for both parties.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by natebarrett11 View Post
    I can imagine. I mean if just 11 people donate $5, that's a whole month of service for a Cricket Android plan. Or a week of food for one person. Or a few hours of overtime pay that can instead be dedicated to rooting a phone.

I'm on my way to college. I understand how you feel, mate (thank god I pushed myself hard enough in high school and get it all covered or things would be a lot more difficult). Especially in this economy, anything and everything extra helps.

I guess Avenue's point was that if you can give us a rough number we can set a goal and push to reach that goal for the benefit of both you and the community. I mean, rooting the phone and you getting donations sufficient to what helps you is a win-win for both parties.
    Yeah Avenue and I are from the same area. He can tell you how pricey things can get. However I'm not comfortable setting a goal, if you guys set one then I can okay it. I'm just not forward enough for that lol. But that's exactly it, The amount of time I put into the scene is beyond what you guys might think. I might be a quick coder but this phone was designed not to be broken into.Just like the Optimus C. That phone took MONTHS to root, with a lot of trying. I'm trying to push this exploit as far as I can.

Btw thank you for the donatio

Phone
    Huawei m865

I've decided that due to lack of support development will cease until I see some. The C had hardly any, I devote time to this, I have bills to pay. A donation, no matter how small is unbelievably helpful.You guys donated to icarus, after 2 kernels, 2 roms, and a recovery i'd say its fair about now...thank you
    Woah are you the guy that made icarus? I had that rom and it was awesome!

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeezusChricket View Post
    Woah are you the guy that made icarus? I had that rom and it was awesome!

No i'm not although i'd love to get ahold of him.However the guy who continued his development might be working with me soon

Phone
    Huawei m865

No i'm not although i'd love to get ahold of him.However the guy who continued his development might be working with me soon
    Isaac is currently porting cm7 to the triumph, I believe... and playful god is helping out with the ascend the best he can... Did I read that you had temp root on this phone? I think it said only through recovery.. So you weren't able to do anything with it?

Supporting Member

Isaac is currently porting cm7 to the triumph, I believe... and playful god is helping out with the ascend the best he can... Did I read that you had temp root on this phone? I think it said only through recovery.. So you weren't able to do anything with it?
    No i was. you'll see.

Phone
    Huawei m865

No i was. you'll see.
    Guess what? It's rooted.. Check over at ppa

Phone
    Huawei Ascend II

Guess what? It's rooted.. Check over at ppa
    Hey Thom can you confirm their guide? I don't want to test a root on my only phone from a site I've never heard of. Apologies if I seem insensitive.

Phone
    Huawei m865

dont know if youve done it yet, but basically everyone with a rooted ascend 2 has used this procedure. and no one has reported any problems..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information