Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Red face So, so, so...conflicted as to what to do next.

Was recently a US Cellular customer, had the Ascend II. Rooted it, then "bricked" it. Had to do a restore it to stock. I knew this would delete my contacts, pictures, games, etc. but I didn't care.

I went into a US Cellular office, told them my phone stopped working, and I want it fixed. I told them what I did, flashed back to stock, because I was not paying a premium for that. She then said "DO HO, SINCE YOU WERE GOING ONLINE LOOKING FOR TUTORIALS, YO PROBABLY VOIDED YOUR WARRANTY".

I mentioned nothing about any of that, just that I knew how to do so, if need be. Also, way too much of a soft-headed lamb to even know what rooting meant.

So, now, I'm thinking if I flash to stock, I could take it to Cricket, just get one of those cards, and be on my way?

The Huawei Ascend rep I talked to, said they could activate using the Ascend II, even though it's not available in our area. She said I'd have to pay to have it flashed, but I'm guessing that I could do that before going in, show them it's already flashed.

One last thing, everywhere seems to be showing tethering isn't able to be used with this phone on this service...yes, no? Even since my phone is rooted, I would prefer a tethering that allows infrastructure, not just ad-hoc

Anyway, I thank you all in advance.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Nerd
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

What's your zip code?
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Thread Information