Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    03/2012

CWM on Ascend 2 NO ROOT

I guess I have to tell you I am not responible for what you do to your phone. Im just telling people how I did it. What you do to your phone is up to you. I did lots of reading. I found out bits and pieces here and there all over the net. This was done on a Win 7 laptop.
    Pda.net installed my adb drivers. You can google it. It should install the right drivers. You may have to try to install it more than once. I had Android SDK with adb.exe up and running. That means When I was in the right Dir the "command" adb devices will bring up something like this ABC12D3EF0.
    I downloaded 4.0.1.4M865 zip.
    Downloaded 5.0.2.3 recovery and put that on my sdcard.
    With with usb debugging checked
    1. Turn off phone.
    2. Hold vol^ or vol down and the power key at the same time until the white Huawei screen comes on Count to three and let go of both. It should stay stuck on the Huawei screen.
    3 .Plug it into computer.
    4. Open the 4.0.1.4 zip. Double click files in this order. adb win,fastboot windows, install recovery.
    5. Then pull out the battery. Unplug from Computer. Wait 3 sec. Put it back in.
    6. Turn phone on into recovery mode. Vol^and power button until you Boot into CWM recovery mode.
    You will see CWM at the bottem of the screen that says 4.0.1.4. You now have CWM recovery. You need really should do all the reading you can find on your phone. For flashing roms, making backups and so on. If you got this far flashing a ROM should be no problem.

If you did not see the CWM logo you will reboot into Android stock recovery. All you have to do is push the power button. Make sure you have "reboot" highlighted. Your phone will reboot. No harm done. Just make sure you dont have any other of the choices highlighted. You can use the vol up,down keys to make your choice.
    try this before you start any of the scary stuff above.

When the phone is off Hold vol up or down key and power until you boot into recovery mode. It will be a screen with choices you can highlight. With the vol^or down key All you have to do is push the power button to make your selection. your phone will then restart.
    Hope this helps someone else.

I am ROOT now. I had 3 of these phones to play with and Idid my best to try and brick this one. It must be hard to do

One more thing, I did just to see if I could do it
    Last edited by Tammie401; 11-11-2012 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Guide

2. Remove this advertisement.

What gingerbread version are u on

Sent from my M860 using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    03/2012

I have 2.3,6

Just flash a custom ROM. You'll be rooted

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    03/2012

DO NOT ROOT YOUR PHONE IF YOU ROOT your phone and install the apps (even if its from Google) they can get your info and monitor everything you do on your phone.Im not responible for what you do to your phone. Im just telling people how I did it. What you do to your phone is up to you. I did lots of reading. I found out bits and pieces here and there all over the net. This was done on a Win 7 laptop.
    Pda.net installed my adb drivers. You can google it. It should install the right drivers. You may have to try to install it more than once. I had Android SDK with adb.exe up and running. That means When I was in the right Dir the "command" adb devices will bring up something like this ABC12D3EF0.
    1. Turn off phone.
    2. Hold vol^ or vol down and the power key at the same time until the white Huawei screen comes on Count to three and let go of both. It should stay stuck on the Huawei screen.
    4. Open the 4.0.1.4 zip. Double click files in this order. adb win,fastboot windows, install recovery.
    6. Turn phone on into recovery mode. Vol^and power button until you Boot into CWM recovery mode.
    You will see CWM at the bottem of the screen that says 4.0.1.4. You now have CWM recovery. You need really should do all the reading you can find on your phone. For flashing roms, making backups and so on. If you got this far flashing a ROM should be no problem.

If you did not see the CWM logo you will reboot into Android stock recovery. All you have to do is push the power button. Make sure you have "reboot" highlighted. Your phone will reboot. No harm done. Just make sure you dont have any other of the choices highlighted. You can use the vol up,down keys to make your choice.

When the phone is off Hold vol up or down key and power until you boot into recovery mode. It will be a screen with choices you can highlight. With the vol^or down key All you have to do is push the power button to make your selection. your phone will then restart.

I am ROOT now. I had 3 of these phones to play with and Idid my best to try and brick this one. It must be hard to do

One more thing, I did just to see if I could do it[/QUOTE]

Re: Want to know How to put CWM on Ascend 2 I can tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Tammie401 View Post
    DO NOT ROOT YOUR PHONE IF YOU ROOT your phone and install the apps (even if its from Google) they can get your info and monitor everything you do on your phone.Im not responible for what you do to your phone. Im just telling people how I did it. What you do to your phone is up to you. I did lots of reading. I found out bits and pieces here and there all over the net. This was done on a Win 7 laptop.
    1. Turn off phone.

One more thing, I did just to see if I could do it
    [/QUOTE]

Bro you're seriously late to the rooting thing. That's the point of root.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information