Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Help! Noob in over his head

Okay so that is a slight exaggeration, as I don't NEED to get it working but it would be nice. So I got this LG Optimus S 670 here, used error 420 flash and all steps set by 154-4bdu114h post, all settings have stuck, everything looks good. But I have no signal at all, it does not even try to dial out. Even 911 call doesn't try to dial out, I feel like I missed 1 thing and I don't know what it is.

Just to be clear on issue, it shows no bars of signal, ESN has already been set with cricket. I would have used the CN 7 rom suggested in the 154-4bdu114h walkthrough if the website was still working, I have tried going to it on different websites and browsers and always just loads top banner and language options.
    Last edited by phitwi; 10-19-2013 at 06:04 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Funny that we are doing the exact same thing at the same time on such a dead device. I beleive it is the CyanogenMod 7 ROM that isn't allowing the device to connect to the radio.

However, I flash the stock ROM, BAM everything works and I get 3G.

I can get the device to connect in CDMA Workshop but it WILL NOT READ with two different custom ROMs I have tried. When I reflash the stock ROM flashed to this device everything is working again.

I am going to do some digging and see if I can find the Scott Pilgrim ROM. I hope my customer doesn't notice/care if the ROM I flash is different than advertised. I guess I need to test things first and not assume that it will work before selling! Right?!

Go to
    Menu/Settings/Status

It says Unknown under

MDN
    MIN
    PRL

and some other fields. I was supposed to get this ready for a customer about 4 days ago, and have been fiddling with this since the weekend. I am trying to figure this out, and will keep you updated.

Do you have Google Talk or anything like that?

====================

Actually, while typing this, I just found my problem!!! On Google, and wow, it is simple. I found it helps if you read the directions!
    Something I am not to good at apparently!

What Software Version are you running on your device?

With a stock Sprint ROM flashed
    (link and mirror below)

Go to
    Menu/Settings/Status then scroll down to SW Version, what does it say? Mine was LS670ZVH. The ROM I am going to use requires ZVD

[ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 3/9 zvd only

Seems like a pretty good ROM (
    mirror

)

LG Optimus S ZVD / ZVH update.zip Download

(ZVH Link is broken, however the ZVD link works! Thank god it wasn't the other way around!
    ZVD mirror

) You can rename file to update.zip, not required if you are using custom recovery but will need to be renamed because this is flashing stock recovery.

Don't forget to disable signature check if you are flashing this with a custom recovery such as Xionia CWMA.

From LG Cell Phones Blog
    ===============================
    Flash LG Optimus S ZVD / ZVH update.zip From Sdcard:

1. Download and put the Update.zip in your root of sdcard.
    2. Booting into recovery
    3. After booting to recovery (pictures provided below if you are doing this blind)
    4. Press [Vol Dwn] TWICE to highlight "wipe data/factory reset"
    5. Press [Menu] to select
    6. Press [Vol Dwn] SEVEN times to highlight "Yes delete all user data"
    7. Press [Menu] to select
    8. Then [Vol Dwn] wipe cache partition" and "advanced > wipe dalvik cache"
    9. From Recovery, use "install zip from sdcard" and turn off "signature verification",
    10. Use "apply sdcard:update.zip" to install the ZVD / ZVH update.zip
    So after flashing, I beleive this put me back to stock recovery. Make sure you rename the file to update.zip and flash the image again. Should say reboot to complete installation or something similar to that, and you should see "Writing Radio Image" Presto

Now redo everything, Root, Recovery, and Install ROM.

I recommend Gingerbreak APK (Google) for root. Install something like Astro File Manager and then install and run Gingerbreak from SD.

Now you won't have incompatible baseband issues! Now you can flash ROMs to this device, make sure you note the ZVD, ZVH whatever the ROM says it works on. I hope I helped you out!

Last edited by saiyaneye; 10-25-2013 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Errors

Thread Information