Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: Optimus s?

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Droid x

Optimus s?

I got the optimus s flashed to cricket with talk, txt and data... but no mms. I been trying to mess with the apn settings but with no luck at all. Its base band ZVC. I got a few questions.

If I update to ZD or whatever the newest baseband is, will it set back to sprint defaults?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Well if it was a Sprint update, that would probably be the best then flashing a whole new version.

Usually the programmed part resides in another part of the memory than the ROM. It should keep talk and text no matter what. Whatever plan you are, if it's just an upgrade, then it should keep your apps so it should keep the Internet configuration even if you're on the 45. If you're on the 55 you should be able to flash an entirely new ROM and it still keep working.

Error420 posted up some things for MMS with the Optimus S. Let me see if I can repost that part really quickly. You were actually part of this thread at one point.

After that I had to edit the apns-conf.xml file so it had my phone number as the username. Think I put something like 10DIGITPHONENUMBER in the place of the phone number, just put your number there and thats all good. I then put the optimus S in USB mode and uploaded the apns-conf.xml, mms.apk, and telephony.db files all to the sdcard.

Make backups or your originals just in case you have to start from scratch again. I then used root explorer to move the files from the sdcard to the phone. I took note of the original file permission so I could set the new files to the same permissions after I copied them.

First I copied mms.apk to the clipboard then went to /system/app/ and deleted the mms.apk file that was there and replaced it with the one from the sdcard set the permissions and went back to the sdcard.

I then copied apns-conf.xml to the clipboard and went to /system/etc/ and deleted the original apns-conf.xml file and replaced it with the one from the sdcard and set permissions.

Finally I went back to the sdcard and copied telephony.db to the clipboard and then went to /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ and replaced the original file with the one from the sdcard and set permissions.

I'm thinking if you update your phone to VD software or a custom rom your gunna have to replace the files again to get MMS working.
    He's now a member of this forum also so you can thank him if he doesn't see this thread. Good luck. That MMS apk worked on a Fascinate I was having problems with also.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

I could get talk text and data to all work. Think I had to mess around with the qpst settings before I could finally get mms to work. I used the qpst guide they have posted here and all seems to work fine. Only thing was on the PPP tab I couldn't seem to make any changes to profile 0 (the first profile). So what I did was make the changes to profile 1 (the second profile) and make sure to make it active. Those files that where posted will work with both the VC and VD software.

I'm using these files with some Gingerbread mod by cyanogen mod 7. Well I'm posting from the phone with the mod right now, I've already sent a few mms also.

Phone
    LG Optimus S

Quote Originally Posted by symbiance View Post
    I got the optimus s flashed to cricket with talk, txt and data... but no mms. I been trying to mess with the apn settings but with no luck at all. Its base band ZVC. I got a few questions.

If I update to ZD or whatever the newest baseband is, will it set back to sprint defaults?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    I have successfully flashed atleast 10 if not 15 of the Optimus S Android phones to cricket with fully functionality, talk, text, web, mms, market and youtube. I have done this on the 45.00 plan and on the cricket 55.00 plan. 3G shows on the top screen and you can feel it on the web. MMS can be tricky at times but just keep plugging away at it. I have posted the mms apn setting here on the forum. using those and adjusting the phone number to your number should do it.

Thread Information