Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Optimus S MMS Setup (on Cricket)

If you didn't use a custom ROM try this (from Error420)...

--Start--

After that I had to edit the apns-conf.xml file so it had my
    phonenumber

as the username. Think I put something like 10DIGITPHONENUMBER in the place of the phone number, just put your number there and thats all good.

I then put the optimus S in USB mode and uploaded the apns-conf.xml, mms.apk, and telephony.db files all to the sdcard. Make backups or your originals just in case you have to start from scratch again. I then used root explorer to move the files from the sdcard to the phone.

I took note of the original file permission so I could set the new files to the same permissions after I copied them. First I copied mms.apk to the clipboard then went to /system/app/ and deleted the mms.apk file that was there and replaced it with the one from the sdcard set the permissions and went back to the sdcard. I then copied apns-conf.xml to the clipboard and went to /system/etc/ and deleted the original apns-conf.xml file and replaced it with the one from the sdcard and set permissions. Finally I went back to the sdcard and copied telephony.db to the clipboard and then went to /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ and replaced the original file with the one from the sdcard and set permissions.

I'm thinking if you update your phone to VD software or a custom rom your gunna have to replace the files again to get MMS working.
    I'm sure I left something out or a step or two if so sorry but I'm pinched for time right now. Maybe I could edit the post some more when I have more time.

I have no idea who all to give credit to for all these files but some are from verizon threads others are from just general cricket threads so I just wunna let everyone know This is just stuff I picked up around the net and I assume it's Freeware and if anyone needs credit just let me know But a big thanks anyway for helping me get my phone's working.

The Files I used

Cricket_Optimus_S.rar

--End--

Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 4.0%

HELP! MMS not working on Optimus S

HELP! I can't seem to get mms to work on my Optimus S. I had phone already flashed my someone else. Then I rooted, downloaded terminal emulator, installed custom recovery, and finally installed CM7 with Gingerbread 2.3.3. Everything works great except mms and you tube (but I saw post on you tube issue on another thread). I posted and am hoping for reply. The other issue is mms. I am not new to Cricket but I am new to custom roms and trying to flash my own phone. Any clear explanation that a newbie would understand is appreciated.

can not get mom's working on GROM with vzh baseband

I have a optimus s that has been updated to the LS670VZH baseband and running custom gROM 2.2 running GB 2.3.3. I get 3G data without changing the APN's and telephony.DB files and replacing the MMS.APK file causes the messaging app to completely stop working and gives me a message stating the application is not installed. Any ideas?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by dcvanorman View Post
    I have a optimus s that has been updated to the LS670VZH baseband and running custom gROM 2.2 running GB 2.3.3. I get 3G data without changing the APN's and telephony.DB files and replacing the MMS.APK file causes the messaging app to completely stop working and gives me a message stating the application is not installed. Any ideas?
    Try using one of the universal MMS apks from the flashing files section. APNs don't affect the Internet on any phone I've flashed. APNS and telephony.db relate to MMS.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

GB MMS issues

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Try using one of the universal MMS apks from the flashing files section. APNs don't affect the Internet on any phone I've flashed. APNS and telephony.db relate to MMS.
    I installed the universal MMS apk like you said and my MMS messaging is working now though it does not notify me of new messages unless I enable notifications in the stock mms. Also, if i uninstall the stock mms.apk will that cause any issues?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Just rename the stock to mms.apk.bak. Don't delete it in case you want to restore it later.... You've probably checked all the settings in the MMS.apk you installed right?

Customer Since
    jan 2009

i know this is an old thread but im hoping you can still help after replacing the telephony.db my phone will not fully boot i get through the boot screen and to the point where i can unlock the screen then it resets straight to the bootanimation and repeats i am using a custom rom alpha19.testE.cm91-20121120-kraven-LS670 i also tried alpha18 but same thing

Thread Information