Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by josephmarquez2 View Post
    got it! ok so now I went back in to qpst and read from phone and it auto filled all the boxes exept for tethered nai still. Do I just ignore that and write to the phone anyway?
    Yea write anyway. You can just use a root tether app.

2. Remove this advertisement.

I just went ahead and wrote to the phone, it power cycled and I re-read from the phone. It looks like it exepted all the mods except for ppp an the user id is still reading the old info and have corrected it twice now and re-wrote to the phone but it keeps reading the original info. Help!

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

I just went ahead and wrote to the phone, it power cycled and I re-read from the phone. It looks like it exepted all the mods except for ppp an the user id is still reading the old info and have corrected it twice now and re-wrote to the phone but it keeps reading the original info. Help!
    make sure its the correct phone number. #@mycricket.com and password cricket req is checked. after writing it and it reboots test the phone.

I did enter it correct, I was told that it is because I need nv items, also that i need cdma workshop 3.5 or higher. I downloaded cdma ws but when I try and open it it says that I need the license key found in the file. What do I do now?

I tested the phone to try and make a call, when I call from other cricket phones it says "welcome to cricket, your call cannot be completed at this time.." The phone did not give me that message when I attempted to make a call. I check the phone info, it reflects my number and the prl I loaded on it, but the network still says sprint. What should I do?

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

what phone are u trying to flash?i will post full basic instructions.

I am trying to flash a sprint optimus s

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

I tested the phone to try and make a call, when I call from other cricket phones it says "welcome to cricket, your call cannot be completed at this time.." The phone did not give me that message when I attempted to make a call. I check the phone info, it reflects my number and the prl I loaded on it, but the network still says sprint. What should I do?
    Don't worry about it, if it says welcome to cricket it's fine.

no, thats the problem it dosen't

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

no, thats the problem it dosen't
    Download the demo or 2.7. Just needs the prl and has to be activated meaning the esn is in cricKets system.

ok, that might allow me to make calls and send text, but I want to fully flash my phone to use the internet and recieve picture mail. In order to do that I need the phone to reflect the correct nai and when I try to program the phone the ppp config na does not change. I was told that I need to install nv items and that I need ws 3.5 or higher. I downloaded 3.5 and I copied the nv files to my desktop, where is ws to I go to install these and are there any further steps I need to do to change the nai and make the mod stick?

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

ok, that might allow me to make calls and send text, but I want to fully flash my phone to use the internet and recieve picture mail. In order to do that I need the phone to reflect the correct nai and when I try to program the phone the ppp config na does not change. I was told that I need to install nv items and that I need ws 3.5 or higher. I downloaded 3.5 and I copied the nv files to my desktop, where is ws to I go to install these and are there any further steps I need to do to change the nai and make the mod stick?
    Here you go ^^ i added how to install the nv items to the main thread.

http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-l...html#post28972

Ok, I give up! Every time I think I got this licked I run into another problem. The ws that I downloaded was only a demo and I cannot find a fully cracked version anywhere. And ws 2.7 does not allow my to modify nv items, am I just S.O.L. or what?

Ok I am giving this another try, I found the post about full flash of optimus s. I am following the insructions the best I can but I have a few questions. First in the tutorial is says to copy the optimus s iso file to the sd card, now do I copy the zip or do I unzip and copy the full content to the sd card? Secondly, the flash image tutorial says I need to use sdk to copy flash image to sd card, then it says to use flash image to copy recovery image(recovery.img) to sd card, is the iso file the recovery.img file? Please HELP!

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Ok I am giving this another try, I found the post about full flash of optimus s. I am following the insructions the best I can but I have a few questions. First in the tutorial is says to copy the optimus s iso file to the sd card, now do I copy the zip or do I unzip and copy the full content to the sd card? Secondly, the flash image tutorial says I need to use sdk to copy flash image to sd card, then it says to use flash image to copy recovery image(recovery.img) to sd card, is the iso file the recovery.img file? Please HELP!
    Are you trying to root it? the easiest was that i can think of is using gingerbreak. After that use Rom manager to install the custom recovery.

Here is the link to the forum XDA for the apk.

[App] [26.04.2011][v1.2] GingerBreak APK (root for GingerBread) - xda-developers

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information