Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Phone
    EVO 4G Project

wow, maybe we cant sell it at 299...

2. Remove this advertisement.

I want to get this phone, butt I dont wanna pay that much ! I might just get the huawei ascend 2 this week, then when the samsung indulge has a price drop, I will let cricket buy my phone back get some money, then get the samsung indulge !

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I think the low res screen was the worse problem. Build quality seems the lowest in the Galaxy line. We might get an Ascend 2 for the forum if it ever comes out.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by street View Post
    I want to get this phone, butt I dont wanna pay that much ! I might just get the huawei ascend 2 this week, then when the samsung indulge has a price drop, I will let cricket buy my phone back get some money, then get the samsung indulge !
    You should get the Huawei Ascend 2 to start, and then get the Huawei Glory for $279 in November, UNLESS the Indulge happens to get cheap at like $100 or something close to that. Personally, I'm going to skip both the Indulge and the Huawei Ascend 2. I'd like to get the Glory. The thing is, by the time the Glory comes out, I'll be wanting to get a 4G phone.

Anyway, I could go on all day about this stuff. So, I'll stop before I REALLY get started.

Phone
    TXTM8 3G

If only Best Buy sold this phone!

Phone
    LG Optimus C

I had the Samsung Indulge. I got it through Cricket Wireless and after a few days I tried to return it because it was having over heating issues and sound problems with the built-in microphone. Plus the battery only lasted up to one hour and 45 minutes of normal use. I don't know if it was just a lemon I got, or if this phone has issues no one is willing to admit to.

But for me, I had an all around bad experience from day one. The Indulge by Samsung going through Cricket is only 3G, there is no 4G at this time. It also does have a full size keyboard that slides out from underneath the phone and lights up at night. The phone is a 1Ghz single core CPU, and has FLASH player plug ins installed so Flash content on the web does work. When I tested the Indulge using Speed-Test, I was getting speeds of up to 1.5 Megs a second, and on average around 1.37megs per second.

The sound quality coming out of a tinny little speaker in the back of the phone was crap. People sounded fuzzy when using the speaker phone feature and rattled at times if the volume was set to high. But, when I plug in a set of walk man head phones, the sound quality was perfect, and with speaker phone off and holding the phone to my ear, sound was very good. Even videos and MP3s were in full digital stereo 5.1 was great using headphones. The phone does kind of feel cheap when held in the hand, but spending a few extra bucks on a hard shell case that snaps onto the Indulge will make it feel more sturdier. I noticed another thing with this phone, and that is there is no protective plastic shield over the touch screen, making it easy to scratch. So, if you decide to buy this phone, get a hard plastic outer case to protect it and see about putting on a protective screen so you don't scratch up your new touch screen phone.

My only issue I had with the Indulge was heating issues to where the phone was way to hot to hold onto, battery life was very short, and the other minor issues not worth mentioning. Does this mean you will have these problems, maybe or maybe not. All I know is I got a lemon and Cricket wireless wouldn't let me return it for a refund because I talked on the phone for more than 30 minutes. If you decide to buy this phone, test it out fully for a few days and try not to make a total of 30 minutes of calls or more as that will surly doom you from getting a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexley View Post
    I had the Samsung Indulge. I got it through Cricket Wireless and after a few days I tried to return it because it was having over heating issues and sound problems with the built-in microphone. Plus the battery only lasted up to one hour and 45 minutes of normal use. I don't know if it was just a lemon I got, or if this phone has issues no one is willing to admit to.

But for me, I had an all around bad experience from day one. The Indulge by Samsung going through Cricket is only 3G, there is no 4G at this time. It also does have a full size keyboard that slides out from underneath the phone and lights up at night. The phone is a 1Ghz single core CPU, and has FLASH player plug ins installed so Flash content on the web does work. When I tested the Indulge using Speed-Test, I was getting speeds of up to 1.5 Megs a second, and on average around 1.37megs per second.

The sound quality coming out of a tinny little speaker in the back of the phone was crap. People sounded fuzzy when using the speaker phone feature and rattled at times if the volume was set to high. But, when I plug in a set of walk man head phones, the sound quality was perfect, and with speaker phone off and holding the phone to my ear, sound was very good. Even videos and MP3s were in full digital stereo 5.1 was great using headphones. The phone does kind of feel cheap when held in the hand, but spending a few extra bucks on a hard shell case that snaps onto the Indulge will make it feel more sturdier. I noticed another thing with this phone, and that is there is no protective plastic shield over the touch screen, making it easy to scratch. So, if you decide to buy this phone, get a hard plastic outer case to protect it and see about putting on a protective screen so you don't scratch up your new touch screen phone.

My only issue I had with the Indulge was heating issues to where the phone was way to hot to hold onto, battery life was very short, and the other minor issues not worth mentioning. Does this mean you will have these problems, maybe or maybe not. All I know is I got a lemon and Cricket wireless wouldn't let me return it for a refund because I talked on the phone for more than 30 minutes. If you decide to buy this phone, test it out fully for a few days and try not to make a total of 30 minutes of calls or more as that will surly doom you from getting a refund.
    That is a very well written review on the Samsung Indulge. Feel free to copy and paste in a new thread if you want.

You probably did just get a bad phone. Although battery life on Android isn't the best, it should have been better than that. My phone does get hot at times, but usually when I'm charging it while doing other things, such as downloading applications.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    That is a very well written review on the Samsung Indulge. Feel free to copy and paste in a new thread if you want.

You probably did just get a bad phone. Although battery life on Android isn't the best, it should have been better than that. My phone does get hot at times, but usually when I'm charging it while doing other things, such as downloading applications.
    I agree, It could have been a lemon, but I didn't read the return policies good enough and in the end got jacked. I did find a local store at a downtown mall where I live by and the guy who works there took it back and allowed me to use it towards credit for another brand of phone. As far as review, I never looked at it in that way. I was just voicing an opinion about my experience. But thank you for your kind words.

I agree, It could have been a lemon, but I didn't read the return policies good enough and in the end got jacked. I did find a local store at a downtown mall where I live by and the guy who works there took it back and allowed me to use it towards credit for another brand of phone. As far as review, I never looked at it in that way. I was just voicing an opinion about my experience. But thank you for your kind words.
    That was nice that he took the phone back. How much of a credit towards a new phone did he give you?

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    That was nice that he took the phone back. How much of a credit towards a new phone did he give you?
    It was $100 dollars if I buy a new phone in his store. So I went back to an LG Optimus C. In the end I got what works for me, but eat it on the other half of the money spent.

It was $100 dollars if I buy a new phone in his store. So I went back to an LG Optimus C. In the end I got what works for me, but eat it on the other half of the money spent.
    Yeah, that was nice of him though.

Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G

I'm definitely going to acquire the Samsung Indulge this coming week as I've been needing an improvement over my Droid 1 and this phone seems to be a fantastic successor to that. It seems very speedy, has an 'ok' battery life given the power in the chipset, and has an incredible screen. The only downside that I have seen thus far would be the camera inside the phone as well as the subpar battery but I can live with that. I've just had trouble toying with the idea of getting an Ascend II over the Samsung Indulge and using that until the Huawei Glory comes out. Decisions.... decisions....

Quote Originally Posted by DestinedChaos View Post
    I'm definitely going to acquire the Samsung Indulge this coming week as I've been needing an improvement over my Droid 1 and this phone seems to be a fantastic successor to that. It seems very speedy, has an 'ok' battery life given the power in the chipset, and has an incredible screen. The only downside that I have seen thus far would be the camera inside the phone as well as the subpar battery but I can live with that. I've just had trouble toying with the idea of getting an Ascend II over the Samsung Indulge and using that until the Huawei Glory comes out. Decisions.... decisions....
    Personally I would get the Ascend 2 and save the rest of the money until the Huawei Glory comes out. Especially if you don't mind phones without a keyboard.

Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G

I got my indulge earlier today and I am more than impressed. So far it has been flawless -- that being said, I cannot wait until there are more custom roms for the R915

Quote Originally Posted by DestinedChaos View Post
    I got my indulge earlier today and I am more than impressed. So far it has been flawless -- that being said, I cannot wait until there are more custom roms for the R915
    Awesome!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information