Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Cricket Dealers: How did the Samsung Indulge sell?

How did the Samsung Indulge sell?

If it didn't sell well, what would you say were the top three reasons?

It has been Cricket's most powerful phone, and was Cricket's only phone with a slide out keyboard for a while, but I don't remember hearing much about it.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

It's a great phone, but the price tag is too high for many customers, I think that's obvious.

It definitely sells, just not as fast as the Androids under $200.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Ya I sold quite a few during July and August, but then sales dropped off. I dont even stock it at the moment. If someone wants one, I get it.

The biggest factor was price. I think the Transfix will sell much better at 179.99, even though is less phone. So many people want a keyboard.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    It's a great phone, but the price tag is too high for many customers, I think that's obvious.

It definitely sells, just not as fast as the Androids under $200.
    This is what a dealer tried to tell me in Austin. It's so true, yet customers keep on complaining on Cricket's Facebook about wanting higher end devices. Well most can't afford it so stop thinking only like a customer. Think like a business. Appeal to them in that aspect. Start a petition or something that will show them that there is a consumer demand for higher end Cricket devices or forever hold your peace.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Oh they want highter end devices for sure, but they want them at the prices the big carriers off them for. Yunno Droid X2 or EVo 3d for $199.99. Het Sprint and Verizon can do it, why not Cricket? They are too dense to understand phones arent free and a contract is actually a 2 yr payment plan for the phone.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Oh they want highter end devices for sure, but they want them at the prices the big carriers off them for. Yunno Droid X2 or EVo 3d for $199.99. Het Sprint and Verizon can do it, why not Cricket? They are too dense to understand phones arent free and a contract is actually a 2 yr payment plan for the phone.
    Yep, forgot to note that is the key. Most of them can't even afford those devices at the 2 yr CONTRACT price that Verizon or Sprint sells them at.

A prime example of the type of customers Cricket has is that guy that I mentioned yesterday. For everyone else that wasn't a part of the conversation, this guy posted on Facebook complaining about the 2.2 upgrade for the Ascend. Two days later he posts how Cricket should cut off all of his service when he doesn't pay his bill and not just the calls. This guy couldn't even pay his phone bill, and he's complaining about upgrades. People need to support Cricket and their dealers so they can support them. Pay your bill on time. Cricket has potential and has always had potential.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Samsung Indulge

I sell about 1/month out of two stores. $329 plus tax is out of the league of most Cricket customers. A new activation with taxes runs $420 out the door. I own the places and can't afford that!

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

"Where's y'alls free phones"

"Why don't y'all do updatez? Man, I been wit y'all for 90 years mane"

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Yep, forgot to note that is the key. Most of them can't even afford those devices at the 2 yr CONTRACT price that Verizon or Sprint sells them at.

A prime example of the type of customers Cricket has is that guy that I mentioned yesterday. For everyone else that wasn't a part of the conversation, this guy posted on Facebook complaining about the 2.2 upgrade for the Ascend. Two days later he posts how Cricket should cut off all of his service when he doesn't pay his bill and not just the calls. This guy couldn't even pay his phone bill, and he's complaining about upgrades. People need to support Cricket and their dealers so they can support them. Pay your bill on time. Cricket has potential and has always had potential.
    Wait a minute.. Isn't the Ascend already on 2.2?

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieKDealer View Post
    I sell about 1/month out of two stores. $329 plus tax is out of the league of most Cricket customers. A new activation with taxes runs $420 out the door. I own the places and can't afford that!
    I was lucky enough to get one free so I can demo it to customers, since we were gonna use it as a demo phone anyways.

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Just need to say this post added feature is awesome.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    "Where's y'alls free phones"

"Why don't y'all do updatez? Man, I been wit y'all for 90 years mane"

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Wait a minute.. Isn't the Ascend already on 2.2?

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

I was lucky enough to get one free so I can demo it to customers, since we were gonna use it as a demo phone anyways.

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Just need to say this post added feature is awesome.
    The original Ascend is 2.1 Eclair. MetroPCS got theirs upgraded and that made matters worse for Cricket. Most people can't even tell me what the 2.2 upgrade does on the Ascend specifically. The hardware doesn't support flash so what do you wind up getting? Voice recognition via bluetooth so you can say, "Call Mom"?

People have already posted good 2.2 ROMs here anyways.

I wish we could get some phones. The social media team, said we might in the future, and I haven't heard from them in a while. I tried to contact Cricket's PR team this morning. I keep on getting people asking for comparison's between Cricket Android devices. I can only do this on paper for the time being and most people don't just want want to see that. Oh well.

Phone
    samsung messenger2

What did you just say? A 2 year contract is actually a 2 year payment plan for the phone? So the major carriers are getting their money back and then some? The only difference is the instant gratification(getting the phone now) and paying for it upfront?

Thread Information