Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Why is the Samsung Galaxy Indulge Still Expensive?

This phone has been out since February and the price is still at that $300 mark-Why? Usually after a phone has been out for a while you will see a price drop. That's not the case with the Indulge. Does anyone know why?

Another thing I don't appreciate a 3MP camera for this price. At least give us a 5MP w/ led flash. Cricket is the worst at selling phones this is why I left them just after 3 months.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Ok so you aren't a Cricket Customer but you care about the price of phones and features?

Troll.

FYI the Indulge came out in late May/early June and it's still expensive because it's still Cricket's top of the line handset. Until it's replaced or end of life'd the price will stay where it is. Do you think that because its been out for a few months, the cost to make it dropped?
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Maybe they will lower the price to get rid of them on Black Friday. We'll see.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Quote Originally Posted by Buddgeez View Post
    Another thing I don't appreciate a 3MP camera for this price. At least give us a 5MP w/ led flash. Cricket is the worst at selling phones this is why I left them just after 3 months.
    I keep hoping cricket will come out with their version of Siri so i could program it to complain like my ex-girlfriends lovingly did. Is there an app for that?, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post
    I keep hoping cricket will come out with their version of Siri so i could program it to complain like my ex-girlfriends lovingly did. Is there an app for that?, LOL.
    LOL, I don't think there is something like that just yet. It wouldn't be up to Cricket, it would be up to Google (Android) or a developer to create an app that would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Ok so you aren't a Cricket Customer but you care about the price of phones and features?

Troll.

FYI the Indulge came out in late May/early June and it's still expensive because it's still Cricket's top of the line handset. Until it's replaced or end of life'd the price will stay where it is. Do you think that because its been out for a few months, the cost to make it dropped?
    You're a fool if you consider this piece of **** a highend smartphone with its 3.5h battery life yes thats 3.5h because if you're a heavy user like me This is how long the battery life will last. Secondly it has a 3mp camera. What 1ghz smartphone has a 3MP camera???...................... Exactly not a highend phone. I am happy with my verizon droid bionic. Thank You sweetie.

You're a fool if you consider this piece of **** a highend smartphone with its 3.5h battery life yes thats 3.5h because if you're a heavy user like me This is how long the battery life will last. Secondly it has a 3mp camera. What 1ghz smartphone has a 3MP camera???...................... Exactly not a highend phone. I am happy with my verizon droid bionic. Thank You sweetie.
    Like Woof said, it is Cricket's "top of the line handset" right now. The price might go down with the launch of the Huawei Mercury.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Much like the people who troll the Cricket Facebook page and complain after they have left Cricket for another carrier. Good for you. I'm glad you love your Bionic. I hear it's a very nice phone. I am sure you love your two year contract and amazingly affordable rate plan too. Good for you.

The neat difference between Facebook and here is that we don't really like people who come in and call people names and act immature. We will do what Facebook won't do. We'll ban you.

The explanation stands. The Indulge is Cricket's top of the line phone at the moment. Since you no longer have the service, I don't see why you care what the price is. You don't have to like it or accept it or even talk about it...

Try this.. Click
    here

. It may suit your needs better.

Have a nice day.

** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    samsung messenger2

Here's why The Samsung Indulge is still expensive:

Samsung Is A Quality Household Name
    It has a Keyboard On the Phone
    It has a 1 Ghz processor

When this phone was released at the time the processing speed alone put the other phones to shame. People like speed and Samsung gave it to them. Therefore, they had to be paid for what it's worth

The Blackberry Curve 8530 has only a 528 Mhz processor and the other phones have either 600 to 800 Mhz processors.

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post
    Knewsom32 told me about "Iris". Try searching for it in the Android Market.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

I was really thinking they would lower the price of the Samsung Indulge for Black Friday, but it is still at $309.99 in my market. That could change though. Cricket likes to change their prices a lot.

It's nice to see that the price of the Samsung Indulge finally went down since the launch of the Huawei Mercury.

It is now at $129.99. http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...ice-watch.html

Thread Information