Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Flash Sprint Samsung Transform to Cricket (Talk, Text, Internet, Possible MMS)

Here's another tutorial on how to flash a phone to Cricket. Some of this comes from synnmox at the XDAdevelopers forum and is based on a Samsung Epic thread.

We'll modify it in an attempt to provide the most complete solution possible.

Let it be known that sometimes a dealer says they have put you on the $55 Android plan, but they put you on another $55 dollar plan. This is not where you want to be.

We offer plan change for free to supporting members. Supporters of the forum receive additional benefits such as ESN changes on your account. To become a Supporting Member, just go to the settings up top and find Paid Subscriptions on the left hand side. Choose a membership level of your liking.

On to the tutorial.

--Start--

Required

A. QPST (
    QPST Version 2.7 Build 355)
    B. Samsung drivers for the Transform (

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/201010/20101026044755031/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1.3.350.0.ex e

)
    C A Windows PC with either Win7, XP or Vista
    D. PRL (
    http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing...rl-thread.html)
    E. CDMA workshop (google) OR
    http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing-tools-files-programming/44-cdma-workshop-2-7-download.html to get MSL (aka SPC)

For the CDMA workshop method you need to install the drivers at the bottom of this post. Install CDMA workshop also.

Dial ##8778# and switch both the "UART" and "USB" options to "MODEM". QPST should then see your phone. Revert the "MODEM" option in the previous menu to "PDA" when done.)

Open up CDMA workshop and select the port that your phone shows up on. Hit connect. Then go to the security tab and send the Samsung Default password (16 digit). After this has been sent and the phone has been unlocked, hit "read" under SPC/User Lock. It will give you a 6 digit code. Either write that one down OR hit send. This will unlock the phone. Then you can enter 000000 or something easy for you to remember. Hit write and it'll change it to this number. Close out the program, but don't let it reset your phone. Choose not to.

---Getting started and setting up QPST---
    1. If you haven't already, plug in your phone to your computer and when prompted to choose between "Charging, mass storage, or tethered modem", choose "Tethered modem", then choose "3g modem".

2. Open up QPST > "QPST Configuration". Click on the "Add new port" on the bottom right. Uncheck mark the "Show serial and USB ports only". In the box above it, you should see your phone connected and the corresponding COM port. Select it and the "Port" and "Port label" will autofill. Hit "Ok".

3. Open up QPST > Service programming. Select your phone in the "Select an active phone" box.
    Click on "Read from phone" and enter your SPC when prompted.

***(Note: If you are having trouble with QPST recognizing your phone, instead of using the "Tethered modem" method when plugging in your phone, dial ##8778# and switch both the "UART" and "USB" options to "MODEM". QPST should then see your phone. Revert the "MODEM" option in the previous menu to "PDA" when done.)

---For talk/text---
    1. You will first write a new prl to your phone. Our link from earlier should contain the most up to date PRL.
    2. Click on the "Roam tab at the top.
    3. Click on the "browse" button under "Preferred roaming" and locate the prl file you wish to write.
    4. Click on "Write to phone".
    5. Let QPST do it's thing and voila, your new PRL will be written to your phone.

---For internet---
    1. Click the "M.IP" tab (may be "M.IPv6") and set "Mobile IP Behavior" as "MOB + Simp". If you have any problems with Sprint PCS errors, change this to simple.
    Select any profiles listed under "user profiles" and click edit. Do the following for all profiles:
    Make sure that "profile enabled" is checked and enter in the following:
    NAI: your10digitcricketnumber@mycricket.com
    Tethered NAI: your10digitcricketnumber@mycricket.com
    2. Change "home address", "primary ha", and "secondary HA" to all zeros.
    3. On both "HA Shared" and "AAA Shared Secret, select the "enter text string" and type in the following password (all lower case): "cricket".
    4. Click "Ok".
    5. Set active user as "0".
    6. Click "PPP Config".
    7. Click the "Um" Button.
    8. Under user ID enter: your10digitcricketnumber@mycricket.com as well as for tethered NAI. If a text box is black with red lines in it, click it and press ctrl + D. Enter "cricket" in the password box.
    9.Click the "AN" Button and repeat the last step.
    10. Click "write to phone"...After that, you should now have the 3g icon on your phone.

If you are on the 55 dollar Android plan, then your data should work at this point.

Should data not work, check to make sure you are on the 60Z Android. ALSO my settings reverted back to Sprint after a reboot. I had to go to
    www.whiterabbit.org

and get the NV items for the phone number I was programming the device to and send those over using CDMA WS. This was after programming it in QPST. Just get the NV items, start CDMA WS, connect to the port your device is on, go to the security tab and send the default password or SPC for the Samsung, go to the memory tab, and write the NV items. Reboot. Data should work now.

If you would like to use the 45 dollar plan, please read on.

First $45 Plan Method

You must be rooted in order to do this. The easiest method for Eclair (Andorid 2.1 devices) is z4root which is attached. Just install it and run it. If it freezes for a long time, reboot and then run it immediately after the system stabilizes.

If you're on 2.2.2, you might need a rooted kernel. This tutorial on Youtube will get your rooted.

Get Autostart.sh & U2nl from
    whiterabbit.org

(thanks to whiterabbit). Save autostart.sh and U2nl in C:\android\tools\.

Before starting the next step make sure you have the u2nl file in your this folder c:\android\tools and also that you have you autostart.sh file in this folder c:\android\tools
    Now go to command prompt and type the following commands,

cd c:\android\tools <enter>
    adb shell <enter>
    mkdir /data/opt/ <enter>
    exit <enter>
    adb remount <enter>
    adb push c:\android\tools\u2nl /system/bin/u2nl <enter>
    adb push c:\android\tools\autostart.sh /data/opt/autostart.sh <enter>
    Now:
    adb shell <enter>
    chmod 0755 /system/bin/u2nl <enter>
    chmod 0755 /data/opt/autostart.sh <enter>
    exit <enter>
    adb reboot <enter>

Install Autostart from the Market or download it form the bottom of this post and install it. Reboot the phone (sometimes it will take more than 1 reboot) and give the Superuser Permission box a few seconds to pop up. Autostart will be looking for permission. Grant it.

If you have problems doing this from the command prompt, you can move these files with something like Root Explorer. Just place the files on your SDCard. Permissions would look something like user read write execute and everything else would be read execute only.

Your Internet should work now.

Second $45 Plan Method (sometimes prone to more problems)

Get anycut.apk at the bottom of this post. Install it and you will make a shortcut to an activity. You're looking for "proxy". When you select it from the list, it will make a shortcut on your homescreen. Click it and enter wap.mycricket.com port 8080.

Your Internet should work now.

NOTE: If you have any problems, please post up.

MMS

Try referring to this post: http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-s...transform.html

--end--

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 04-04-2012 at 09:31 AM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.

Problem

My phone cuts off when I click write to phone.

Phone
    EVO 4G

It's supposed to turn off and reboot.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

This article was very helpful. I got my talk, text, voicemail and internet all working great. It connects to 3G and everything. I am still not able to get MMS to work however. Is there any advice on what I can do to make my phone "fully flashed" so that MMS Pic Messages will work as well? This article is GREAT and easy to follow so if I can get a little more advice on what to tweak for MMS, I will be VERY happy! Thanks!

I am unable to get anything working after flashing. No 3G icon. No talk/text. In QPST my changes are sticking. Can anyone provide more detailed info as to how you got your transform flashed. Even when I change Sprint banner to say cricKet after writing to phone Sprint pops up on screen. Can anyone help me please

Quote Originally Posted by DAEZ1 View Post
    I am unable to get anything working after flashing. No 3G icon. No talk/text. In QPST my changes are sticking. Can anyone provide more detailed info as to how you got your transform flashed. Even when I change Sprint banner to say cricKet after writing to phone Sprint pops up on screen. Can anyone help me please
    I don't know if this will make a difference, but when I flashed mine over, in CDMA there were 3 different COM ports available. The one that worked for me said "Mobile Modem Diagnostic Serial Port (WDM)". I mention this only because it seems to be one of the only variables in the process.
    Have you tried another PRL? I used "45513MyCricketForumDotCom.prl" on the thread listed above and it is working for me.
    These are the only two variables that come to mind. Other than that, just following the instructions step by step and making sure you complete it all is the only advice I can give. Not sure if this helps or not.
    As far as the 3G and internet goes, here is the way I did this. I did not have Cricket service at the time the phone was flashed. So I flashed it step by step just kept the "your10digitcricketnumber@mycricket.com" as it is, because I did not have a number to put in yet. My phone was working for talk/text/voicemail before I left the store. Once they gave me my number and activated the phone, I went back in and re-flashed it using my number (ex. 4805551234@mycricket.com). Doing this brought up my 3G icon and I had access to the internet. I still have no MMS but other than that, everything works.
    Hopefully some of this will help somebody out in some way.

hmm i just cant seem to figure this out ive flashed multiple phones before but this ones getting to me especially since its for the wife

Redminute you think you could post up some pics of all your settings in qpst. I think i might have changed a bit too many settings and would like to revert back. I would really appreciate it.

Ok i have the phone programmed however none of any of the posted prl's seem to be working. On prl 45722 i could only get incoming text messages. After testing out all other prl's with no success i reflashed that prl again and now with no incoming messages. I am not even getting a 3g icon. When i try to place a call i am prompted if i want to make a collect call. I even tried flashing the prl from my previously working phone which is 42700. Also with no success. Im stuck can someone chime in... Am i missing something.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

42700 is the worse IMO.

I never flashed this phone till today and it was remotely flashed. I might be able to get screen captures tomorrow when I finish the MMS portion. With this phone I had the Sprint settings revert back. I used whiterabbit.org to get NV items and sent them to fix this.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

In order for this to work do i have to do an esn change at cricket? I followed all the directions and it does'nt seem to be working. Help please and thanks in advance

Customer Since
    sept 2005
    Phone
    Samsung Glaxaxy S2

Amazing guide thank you so much for this was 100% on everything got my transform flashed to cricket everything but mms would like to see if there is any information on how to get it working but if not thats fine I'm very pleased by this thanks again

I was able to complete all the steps for QPST, but after connecting to the correct COM port in CDMA WS and pressing 'read' I wasn't able to send the default Samsung password. It said the password was incorrect. Is there a way to find out what the password should really be? And is that necessary if I was able to complete everything in QPST without it?

Customer Since
    sept 2005
    Phone
    Samsung Glaxaxy S2

Quote Originally Posted by Aevenger View Post
    I was able to complete all the steps for QPST, but after connecting to the correct COM port in CDMA WS and pressing 'read' I wasn't able to send the default Samsung password. It said the password was incorrect. Is there a way to find out what the password should really be? And is that necessary if I was able to complete everything in QPST without it?
    Root your phone via root intercept you can go on google and get the link there to root it very simple once your phone is rooted download msl reader from the market and theres your spc best of luck

Thanks for the reply, but that z4root file isn't working. Do you know of another way to root?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information