Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Flash Sprint Samsung Galaxy Tablet to Cricket Wireless

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Samsung_Galaxy_Tablet.jpg 
Views:	89927 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	318

The Sprint Samsung Galaxy Tablet is an excellent device to flash to Cricket. Why wouldn't you want cheap Internet access for a tablet?

Try putting your current data profile on this tablet and see what happens.

Items needed:

A. QPST (QPST Version 2.7 Build 355)
    B. Samsung drivers for the Galaxy Tablet (
    Samsung

)
    C. A Windows PC with either Win7, XP or Vista
    D. PRL (http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing-tools-files-programming/5041-%2Asticky%2A-official-cricket-prl-thread.html)
    E. CDMA workshop (google) OR http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing-tools-files-programming/44-cdma-workshop-2-7-download.html to get MSL (aka SPC)
    F. SuperOneClick - You'll need this to root the device. If you're going for the $45 plan, I suggest you get this. Anycut and proxy will only get you web browsing...
    [APP]SuperOneClick v1.9.5 (Root, Unroot, Enable Non-Market App) - xda-developers

---Connecting to your computer---

1. Install the drivers from Samsung for the tablet.
    2. Download Anycut and install it (included at the bottom of the thread).
    3. Run Anycut and make a shortcut to the activity PhoneUtil.
    4. Look on your home screen and run PhoneUtil.
    5. You'll see UART and USB. Set both to modem. Remember when you are done with all of this to set it back to Modem and PDA.
    6. The drivers for the device should install and if you look in your device manager, you'll notice a new port (or if you've already played with Galaxy devices before, it'll probably be under the same port). If you're using CDMA Workshop 2.7, change the port to something in it's acceptable range. Upon changing the port, you'll most likely have to unplug the device and plug it right back in.

---Getting your MSL---

Install CDMA workshop.

Open up CDMA workshop and select the port that your phone shows up on. Hit connect. Then go to the security tab, password (16 digits) and send the Samsung default. This will unlock the phone. Go to the SPC section now and hit "read" under SPC/User Lock. It will give you a 6 digit code. Either write that one down OR hit send. This will unlock the phone. Then you can enter 000000 or something easy for you to remember. Hit write and it'll change it to this number. Close out the program, but don't let it reset your phone. Choose not to.

---Getting started and setting up QPST---

1. Open up QPST > "QPST Configuration". Click on the "Add new port" on the bottom right. Uncheck mark the "Show serial and USB ports only". In the box above it, you should see your phone connected and the corresponding COM port. Select it and the "Port" and "Port label" will autofill. Hit "Ok".

2. Open up QPST > Service programming. Select your phone in the "Select an active phone" box.

Click on "Read from phone" and enter your SPC when prompted.

---I do this just because I can...---

1. You will first write a new prl to your phone. Our link from earlier should contain the most up to date PRL.
    2. Click on the "Roam tab at the top.
    3. Click on the "browse" button under "Preferred roaming" and locate the prl file you wish to write.
    4. Let QPST do it's thing and voila, your new PRL will be written to your phone.

---For internet---
    1. Click the "M.IP" tab (may be "M.IPv6") and set "Mobile IP Behavior" as "MOB + Simp".
    Select any profiles listed under "user profiles" and click edit. Do the following for all profiles:
    Make sure that "profile enabled" is checked and enter in the following:
    NAI: your10digitcricketnumber@mycricket.com
    Tethered NAI: your10digitcricketnumber@mycricket.com
    2. Change "home address", "primary ha", and "secondary HA" to all zeros.
    3. On both "HA Shared" and "AAA Shared Secret, select the "enter text string" and type in the following password (all lower case): "cricket".
    4. Click "Ok".
    5. Set active user as "0".
    6. Click "PPP Config".
    7. Click the "Um" Button.
    8. Under user ID enter: your10digitcricketnumber@mycricket.com as well as for tethered NAI. If a text box is black with red lines in it, click it and press ctrl + D. Enter "cricket" in the password box.
    9.Click the "AN" Button and repeat the last step.
    10. Click "write to phone"...After that, you should now have the 3g icon on your phone.

If you are on the 55 dollar Android plan, then your data should work at this point. If you would like to use the 45 dollar plan, please read on.

First $45 Plan Method

You must be rooted in order to do this. The easiest method is SuperOneClick which is linked above. Just install it and run it. Your phone have USB debugging active (settings > applications > development > USB debugging).

The easiest way to setup proxies is via Green45APK (http://www.cricketusers.com/androi...-few-taps.html). This was developed by a trusted member of My Cricket Forum, is outstanding, and a solution that was long overdue. His generosity by releasing this free of charge is greatly appreciated.

Second $45 Plan Method

This requires root and is the original great method.

Get Autostart.sh & U2nl from
    whiterabbit.org

(thanks to whiterabbit). Save autostart.sh and U2nl in C:\android\tools\.

Before starting the next step make sure you have the u2nl file in your this folder c:\android\tools and also that you have you autostart.sh file in this folder c:\android\tools
    Now go to command prompt and type the following commands,

cd c:\android\tools <enter>
    adb shell <enter>
    mkdir /data/opt/ <enter>
    exit <enter>
    adb remount <enter>
    adb push c:\android\tools\u2nl /system/bin/u2nl <enter>
    adb push c:\android\tools\autostart.sh /data/opt/autostart.sh <enter>
    Now:
    adb shell <enter>
    chmod 0755 /system/bin/u2nl <enter>
    chmod 0755 /data/opt/autostart.sh <enter>
    exit <enter>
    adb reboot <enter>

Install Autostart from the Market or download it form the bottom of this post and install it. Reboot the phone (sometimes it will take more than 1 reboot) and give the Superuser Permission box a few seconds to pop up. Autostart will be looking for permission. Grant it.

If you have problems doing this from the command prompt, you can move these files with something like Root Explorer. Just place the files on your SDCard.

Your Internet should work now.

Third $45 Plan Method

Get anycut.apk at the bottom of this post. Install it and you will make a shortcut to an activity. You're looking for "proxy". When you select it from the list, it will make a shortcut on your homescreen. Click it and enter wap.mycricket.com port 8080.

Your Internet should work now. Apps requiring Internet, including the Market, will probably not work over 3g with this.

IF you are still having problems with Internet, go to
    whiterabbit.org

and go to the Android section. Make NV items for yourphonenumber@mycricket.com.

Connect to CDMA WS again, go to the security tab, send your SPC, go to the Memory tab, and for NV items, write the ones you just saved. Close CDMA WS when it's done, and reboot the device.

Enjoy that awesomeness!

--end--

If anyone puts this ESN on their account and finds a phone dialer apk to makes phone calls... Let us know. We'd like to see this work. We didn't own the tablet we flashed so we never tried.

In Europe the Tmobile version can be used to make phone calls...

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 06-15-2011 at 08:34 AM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.

Phone
    Samsung Indulge

I tried this but came across a problem with cdma workshop. Pretty much couldnt detect the Tab so I gave up.

I do have a question though, would this still work if the device has the stock GB 2.3.4 update from Sprint?

123killagum

verizon tablet

I understand this is for the sprint tablet. But i have a verizon tablet and i cant get 3g to turn on because i have to bypass activation to use the tablet. Doing this only lets wifi work. is there any workaround. Can i flash a sprint rom to get this to work? Any help is appreciated.

Phone
    Ascend II

will this method of rooting the galaxy work on gingerbread?

My Verizon galaxy tab works great with my current $45 data profile

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by 123killagum View Post
    I understand this is for the sprint tablet. But i have a verizon tablet and i cant get 3g to turn on because i have to bypass activation to use the tablet. Doing this only lets wifi work. is there any workaround. Can i flash a sprint rom to get this to work? Any help is appreciated.
    Just research "bypass activation verizon galaxy tablet" or something. There is always a way.

Quote Originally Posted by stubb1986 View Post
    will this method of rooting the galaxy work on gingerbread?
    You will just have to research another root method because it will probably not.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

123killagum

your miss understanding my question

activation is already bypassed. that's not the problem. Problem is that bypassing it turns 3g off. The icon won't turn oni have put the profile in and added apn. Nothing works.

Phone
    Ascend II

i cannot get y sprint galaxy tab to respond int cdma workshop. i have phoneutil set to modem and changed the ports on both samsung ports in device manager but says failed phone didnt answer when sending default password any help would be good

123killagum

I had to unplug and plug it back in a fewer times first. Keep trying

Phone
    Ascend II

tryed that over and over many times and nothing still

Phone
    Ascend II

ok so i managed to get spc threw adb. so i got that. now when i pull up qpst it says no phone under the com port. i dont know why i cannot connect. i have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, tryed different builds of qpst and still getting thisphone.png
    Last edited by stubb1986; 08-29-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Phone
    Ascend II

I have also tryed going in and turning on dialup networking but has no effect

Guys that are having issues with computer recognizing the TAB make sure you have the drivers install the Android SDK from google in repository get Samsung stuff other packages I think. If you use Hiemdall to flash the gingerbread update See (XDA-Developers) you don't have to root.

Stubb--> I had this with a couple of TABs try a different computer.. That's the easiest, the other option is to change the COM port from the samsung driver--> advanced and keep trying different ports. Make sure QPST has all the ports added in the menu.

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

I was thinking of getting one but I want to ask if any one has try to put the tab the paygo. Is there a way to put it on that. I was thinking to put a android the plan and then change it to the flash tab. I just wanted to get some feedback the any ideas or suggestion on doing so.

mms problems

i currently have my tab rooted and flashed to cricket with working talk, text, and web. I cant for the life of me figure out how to get the mms to work. Says it sends but doesnt and cant recieve anything. Help please!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information