Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

There are quite a few out there that can be had at a decent price. It's all about personal preference (and wallet size). I've got the HTC Thunderbolt and am quite happy with it (no MMS fix that I know of). Browse around, see what tickles your fancy, and make sure it can be flashed....

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Well to update on my particular situation, I am running a fresh install of Revokster, V6 running at 5, CIQ removed, and have restored about 30% of my apps and so far no getting sluggish, no bootloops, and no freezing and crashing when running apps. Still making sure to leave a good amount of time between each restore and restarting the phone after every couple of restores. Once I get to the halfway mark I'm going to make another backup. If I keep going at this rate I should be able to weed out the app causing it and KILL IT :P

Overall activity: 34.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by d34thbl00m View Post
    Well to update on my particular situation, I am running a fresh install of Revokster, V6 running at 5, CIQ removed, and have restored about 30% of my apps and so far no getting sluggish, no bootloops, and no freezing and crashing when running apps. Still making sure to leave a good amount of time between each restore and restarting the phone after every couple of restores. Once I get to the halfway mark I'm going to make another backup. If I keep going at this rate I should be able to weed out the app causing it and KILL IT :P
    There has been some evidence that CIQ removal may be the cause of the bootlooping

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Well that's funny, cuz I never removed it before and bootlooped on 2 different phones with 3 different ROMs, but as soon as I take it off the phone runs as smooth as a babies butt with not even so much as a hiccup.

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

I have CIQ removed and i have Absolutely no issues at all. Other then to send mms . I have to exit out of text app. Restart text app and browser contacts to the person i want to send to . then send file or long text. VERY ANNOYING . iT SHOULD Switch itself . but huawei has screwed it up somehow.

Overall activity: 34.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by ericarenee View Post
    I have CIQ removed and i have Absolutely no issues at all. Other then to send mms . I have to exit out of text app. Restart text app and browser contacts to the person i want to send to . then send file or long text. VERY ANNOYING . iT SHOULD Switch itself . but huawei has screwed it up somehow.

Note I said evidence. We have seen a few cases of bootlooping with the stock backup after CIQ removal. Jury is still out though.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Well I will keep you guys posted on how things progress... Hopefully I don't need the stock backup.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dsanders77 View Post
    Note I said evidence. We have seen a few cases of bootlooping with the stock backup after CIQ removal. Jury is still out though.

With Android and especially this phone. One app especially a super embedded system app like CIQ. can do different things on different phones depending on the apps installed. Same with any OS out there. So as i agree and disagree with you on it being specific the removal of CIQ . AS THE SAME with the issue of this OP Post its likely a combination of apps or app and settings .Or nothing more then something backed up That google restores incorrectly. So very many equations.

Looks like the Op is on his way to having is phone configured correctly and without issues.. That is what its really all about on the forum. Using a CARRIER IQ REMOVAL PROGRAM from market will cause your phone to boot loop. I do not recommend them . use the one found here in this forum or do some research and do it manually .

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    Its most likely the phones. Not what u did to dem

Sent from my M886
    Since the ones you don't modify do exactly the same thing right? Seriously?

The fact that you modded the phones is the reason you have issues.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Banned

I totally agree with WOOF HERE (Imagine that) . Every time before i make a change to anything on my phone i back up. and backup my backup. Then i will make small changes use the phone for a while and the apps I MUST HAVE . then will move on to something else. THE Manufacturer know best about these phones in most cases will be the most stable. They however do leave out fuction. such as modules and there ui is quite bland .Every rom i have ever used on any phone or tablet has flaws . the closer to stock with the added function you want gets you the best experience. roms built by modders are the most likely cause of issues.. WIth that said im not trying to beat anyone up Just stating the facts. If you wish for your phone to the the most stable it can be KEEP IT STOCK OR CLOSE TO STOCK . If you want more storage space less lag .But are will to sacrifice stability and a chance of your phone being not usable. By all means flash away. Just stay in your comfort zone. and always do cat logs and network logs after installing ANY ROM . Especially those from modders. as they get there scripts and mods from other places . you never know what your putting on your phone or who will end up with your contacts or credit card. thou this is rare. STILL Its your Responsibly to take control and understand what you are doing . not the people providing you with the means to do so

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

^^ What she said.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Since the ones you don't modify do exactly the same thing right? Seriously?

The fact that you modded the phones is the reason you have issues.
    Then why have I held in my hands 2 Pure stock Mercs who would bootloop and then take minutes or hours to turn back on. Every merc I've ever touched so far except for maybe 1 or 2 have or had problems. And all where stock. (I'm the kid in school who fixes stuff) point is.. yes the ones I don't modify do the same thing. Sometimes even worse.

Sent from my M886

Sent from my M886

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

I will have to agree with salas on this one as both the stock phones I had rebooted an bootlooped, that is the ONLY reason I flashed a custom ROM in the first place. As for an update on the issue, titanium backup had messed up backups saved for 3 apps. I removed them and still smooth sailing, got about 75 percent of my apps back on it, no reboots or bootloops at all. Looks like removing ciq was the answer...

RE:

Be careful as u add ur apps back to ur handset I can almost assure u that the prob was the apps to begin w/ Google has a bug n their OS on anything above 2.3.4 that has yet to b addressed that causes our phones to hotboot over & over again! I along w/ thousands of others have the same prob & have been beating down the doors of Google to Correct it, after all having tons of apps is the point of big memory cards & expensive phones n most of our cases! So if u continue to add ur apps back I can almost assure u that the prob will come back the only answer for now is to add them to ur internal memory on the phone then add the rest to ur memory card till the hotboot starts again then u can take away from ur card the last couple apps u added & know ur app limit till Google fixes their f*** up... hope this helps u w/ future nonstop reboots.

Quote Originally Posted by gh0stw34p0nx View Post
    Be careful as u add ur apps back to ur handset I can almost assure u that the prob was the apps to begin w/ Google has a bug n their OS on anything above 2.3.4 that has yet to b addressed that causes our phones to hotboot over & over again! I along w/ thousands of others have the same prob & have been beating down the doors of Google to Correct it, after all having tons of apps is the point of big memory cards & expensive phones n most of our cases! So if u continue to add ur apps back I can almost assure u that the prob will come back the only answer for now is to add them to ur internal memory on the phone then add the rest to ur memory card till the hotboot starts again then u can take away from ur card the last couple apps u added & know ur app limit till Google fixes their f*** up... hope this helps u w/ future nonstop reboots.
    I've never had this problem and i use a LOT of apps. Must be certain phones

Sent from my M886

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information