Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Huawei Ascend II

How's the battery life on this rom?

2. Remove this advertisement.

Ok I got the rom loaded but it deleted root...lol I am bout to re root. So I guess now I just dont know if I can run this kernel and run that v8supercharger?
    Last edited by vincelozano; 10-28-2012 at 07:13 PM.

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

Quote Originally Posted by vincelozano View Post
    Ok I got the rom loaded but it deleted root...lol I am bout to re root. So I guess now I just dont know if I can run this kernel and run that v8supercharger?
    if you are switching from ICS back down to GB, it will disable root, just follow the root method link above.

yes you can use the supercharger, but remember you MUST "lock" the processor speed (can be done in ROM Toolbox)

Quote Originally Posted by natebarrett11 View Post
    How's the battery life on this rom?
    if you mean Oriax's Revokster rom, battery life was awesome

I flashed this kernel the only problem im having is when I go into Rom toolbox to set up the governor it is defaulted to ondemand...I change it to smartassv2 hit apply on boot then after boot it goes back to ondemand?

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Actually I just noticed nothing I do in Rom Toolbox stays..I tried changing the sd boost settings to 512..didnt stay,,I tried changing the bootanimation...sayed it installed...didnt work.. am I missing something?

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

On the boot animation is had the same problem fixed it using one of noobcakes threads

Awesome thanks! I changed the animation but still cannot change governors or sd boost settings...

Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

Awesome thanks! I changed the animation but still cannot change governors or sd boost settings...
    You are sure you are rooted? Sometimes Rom toolbox changes don't stick if your Su binary is outdated, check if that might be your case

Quote Originally Posted by Rites View Post
    You are sure you are rooted? Sometimes Rom toolbox changes don't stick if your Su binary is outdated, check if that might be your case
    Yup I updated in superuser it said like 3.0.2.3. Or something like that...I am running revstokers stock rom I think I read that the framework or something wont allow rom toolbox to make changes I dunno its weird. I got his rom last night all setup then after a few hours I went to put my schedule in the calendar and the calendar is broke on this rom with no fix(sux donkey nads) I have to have my calendar...guess back to square one.

Overall activity: 6.0%
    Phone
    Mercury

Yup I updated in superuser it said like 3.0.2.3. Or something like that...I am running revstokers stock rom I think I read that the framework or something wont allow rom toolbox to make changes I dunno its weird. I got his rom last night all setup then after a few hours I went to put my schedule in the calendar and the calendar is broke on this rom with no fix(sux donkey nads) I have to have my calendar...guess back to square one.
    Just download a calendar from the play store.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

I did but usually them things just link to the stock calendar or google calendar. So i place the widget and it does show my google calendar events but then I would have to sign on to google to make a event and that sux.. I am trying to figure out a way to get a stock calendar.apk from the web and place it in system/app folder to see if I can get one to work...

Overall activity: 6.0%
    Phone
    Mercury

I did but usually them things just link to the stock calendar or google calendar. So i place the widget and it does show my google calendar events but then I would have to sign on to google to make a event and that sux.. I am trying to figure out a way to get a stock calendar.apk from the web and place it in system/app folder to see if I can get one to work...
    Try aCalendar

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

I got Business calendar lite and it is actually pretty cool...Just have to use my google sync and set it up for calendar...I also got the kernels governors to work right What happened is I updated subinary once and it went to lik 3.0.3.2 or something and I thought it was updated to the newsest...but it wasnt I had to run update again and there was another update 3.1.0 so now its all working..I have revs rom running with HoloLauncher, I used the rom toolbox and made all the status bar icons Ice blue(except time cuz it has no option) :/ I am running v6supercharger option7 but still says my launcher is weak. Set 99supercharger to root/boot. Got this kernel installed set on smartassv2. And the calendar fixed with business calendar. Now I have to find a lockscreen cuz this one sux nads, and for some reason My wifi seems to not work right...Like it will work for a while then still be green full bars and says connected but when I open internet it says no connection..kinda funky..?? All in all my merc is rocking tho..I love how it cleaned up all the bloat and is simple again. I just wish I could find the stock Huawei Music app...I loved the look of it. This rom only uses google play for music..
    Last edited by vincelozano; 10-29-2012 at 10:50 AM.

Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

try hololocker from the play store

https://www.box.com/s/jghnjjj13t3nn5493pf6

this is a link for the Huawei Music app from the P1

the best calendar app/schedulers is the stock one on the phone....one of the best stock appz on the device...i've search the play store, the stock one rulez....on v6 you need to choose 10 as it selects the best settings for you..wifi not working is one of the worst things that can happen when you're home...imo

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Hi, new at this. Is this Kernel the same as a custom ROM or do I need to install a custom ROM first?
    Last edited by milwaukeematt; 10-30-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information