Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Verified Developer
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Perez View Post
    Sorry if this is a noob question, but do we have to have Linux for this? I did it just as I installed CWM, open two windows one where this file is at and the other where the image folder was at and transfered the boot.img from the windows where this boot.img is to where the image folder is and rebooted my phone. and I dont see any difference on my phone.
    if it worked then no you dont have to have linux. I run linux, so thats what I did it with.

If you look at the about, you should see playfulgod@techygeek as the user and host the kernel was compiled.

You will need a app like those I mentioned in the OP or setcpu etc to set the cpu speed.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony S Burkett View Post
    thank you :'D

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

any possible way to decompile the boot.img from ics? you can find all that in one of the folders on the rom after you install it. recompile it after you end up putting in the hack? that way no need for any custom flash, just a simple reboot would suffice?
    its not a hack, I edited the kernel src from huawei and compiled a new kernel and then packed it into the boot.img. This as is will not work with the ics leak.

huawei has how to unlock it on their website, what huawei hasnt done it provide the password or even how to obtain it.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 83.0%

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
    if it worked then no you dont have to have linux. I run linux, so thats what I did it with.

If you look at the about, you should see playfulgod@techygeek as the user and host the kernel was compiled.

You will need a app like those I mentioned in the OP or setcpu etc to set the cpu speed.
    Alright, awesome. I checked and it did say that. I put it on SmartAssV2 on Rom Toolbox Pro. Ill download the set cpu as well. Thank you very much for this. Even though I still dont notice any difference, this is just awesome. Thank you for spending your spare time with this.

Verified Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Perez View Post
    Alright, awesome. I checked and it did say that. I put it on SmartAssV2 on Rom Toolbox Pro. Ill download the set cpu as well. Thank you very much for this. Even though I still dont notice any difference, this is just awesome. Thank you for spending your spare time with this.
    ROM Toolbox will work. I just named several as ppl have their own preferences.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

oh fine, if you don't consider THAT hacking lol. i personally do :P either way, tomato, tomato....how on earth would you type that out? O.o

anyways, i realized that a while back. was looking through some stuff and found the boot unlocker page huawei provides....tried to request a boot unlocker for any random device and none showed up. seems kind of....a dick move.

either way, couldn't you decompile the boot.img file and insert the tweaked files that way? you can view most apk files through winrar, i just haven't found any way to tear apart a img file. been looking into that for a while actually.

as for the onandroid backup i talked about a while ago, it would seem it just makes a nandroid backup while the phones on... some people in the comments said it worked on the galaxy note 2 and the gs3. it has a pretty decent rating so it can't be all bad. if that worked it'd at least remove the need for getting a custom recovery on the m886.

just throwing out some thoughts. lol :P also...isn't there some way to insert the numbers into the phone through a root text, and file manager? such as changing the build.prop file with rom toolbox? never sure how that worked.

Thank you Playfulgod. Finally something new for my mercury-pos.

Verified Developer

oh fine, if you don't consider THAT hacking lol. i personally do :P either way, tomato, tomato....how on earth would you type that out? O.o

anyways, i realized that a while back. was looking through some stuff and found the boot unlocker page huawei provides....tried to request a boot unlocker for any random device and none showed up. seems kind of....a dick move.

either way, couldn't you decompile the boot.img file and insert the tweaked files that way? you can view most apk files through winrar, i just haven't found any way to tear apart a img file. been looking into that for a while actually.

as for the onandroid backup i talked about a while ago, it would seem it just makes a nandroid backup while the phones on... some people in the comments said it worked on the galaxy note 2 and the gs3. it has a pretty decent rating so it can't be all bad. if that worked it'd at least remove the need for getting a custom recovery on the m886.

just throwing out some thoughts. lol :P also...isn't there some way to insert the numbers into the phone through a root text, and file manager? such as changing the build.prop file with rom toolbox? never sure how that worked.
    I just edited the source and compiled, no hacking needed really Huawei even provides the source.

the mercury is a rare beast in how it uses the same partition for boot, recovery, and cust and as vfat at that. Which is why it can be seen from Windows Explorer. kinda of neat n nice, but at the same time very stupid and completely unsecured. Prolly why it doesnt work with ics.

And how most devices unlock the bootloader is from fastboot with
    Code:
    fastbook oem unlock
    and in this case with a password added to the end.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

I just edited the source and compiled, no hacking needed really Huawei even provides the source.

the mercury is a rare beast in how it uses the same partition for boot, recovery, and cust and as vfat at that. Which is why it can be seen from Windows Explorer. kinda of neat n nice, but at the same time very stupid and completely unsecured. Prolly why it doesnt work with ics.

And how most devices unlock the bootloader is from fastboot with
    Code:
    fastbook oem unlock
    and in this case with a password added to the end.
    well from what i've seen on any device when it comes to hacking in general is there is just about always a backdoor...
    is there some way we could remove the password alltogether or is that a whole different field because i feel as if it is.
    i'm starting to understand a bit now. so this is special when it comes to gb and much easier, UNTIL it hits ics, in which case it's the same as any other device?

so is there any way the boot unlocker for the huawei honor would work the same on the huawei merc? i know some of the files are different, but i'm not sure if that would effect the boot unlocker or if it would ultimately brick the device.

this is quite annoying -.- just makes me hate huawei a little more.

Verified Developer

well from what i've seen on any device when it comes to hacking in general is there is just about always a backdoor...
    is there some way we could remove the password alltogether or is that a whole different field because i feel as if it is.
    i'm starting to understand a bit now. so this is special when it comes to gb and much easier, UNTIL it hits ics, in which case it's the same as any other device?

so is there any way the boot unlocker for the huawei honor would work the same on the huawei merc? i know some of the files are different, but i'm not sure if that would effect the boot unlocker or if it would ultimately brick the device.

this is quite annoying -.- just makes me hate huawei a little more.
    well its the OEM/carriers that make a pita, google/android has it all setup to unlock the bootloader easily, no fuss, no mess.

And yea most of the LGs getting ics updates or releasing with ics has been locked down too.

Far as the honors unlocker, I would just have to look it over and see.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

well its the OEM/carriers that make a pita, google/android has it all setup to unlock the bootloader easily, no fuss, no mess.

And yea most of the LGs getting ics updates or releasing with ics has been locked down too.

Far as the honors unlocker, I would just have to look it over and see.
    Well then maybe that would help. They are nearly the same phone, and that's where we got our ics root from. Not sure where you'd get the unlocker but there are custom roms for it so it's gotta be floating around somewhere.

Verified Developer

Well then maybe that would help. They are nearly the same phone, and that's where we got our ics root from. Not sure where you'd get the unlocker but there are custom roms for it so it's gotta be floating around somewhere.
    If you find a link to it I'll look it over

here's my try...
    Thank you for contacting Huawei Technical Customer Service Support. We do apologize for any inconvenience, however we can not assist with bootloading, due to voiding your warranty with the device,
    If you need to reply to this message, please click "Reply" to include all previous correspondence. This allows us to track you issue more efficiently and to resolve it as quickly as possible. We hope your experience with us has provided your with an acceptable resolution to your issue.
    Best Regards, Terrence-Huawei Technical Customer Service Support
    Hours of Operation: Monday through Saturday / 8oam-9:00pm / Central Standard/Daylight Time Sunday / 9:00am-6:00pm / Central Standard/Daylight Time Phone: 1-888-548-2934 Email: supportusa@huawei.com

Subject:Faults
    Category:Others
    Model:M886 *Mercury*
    SN:&&&&&&&1252204231
    Phurchase Date:2012-08-29
    Message:hello, I was hoping that Huawei might add the M886 (Mercury) to the list of phones the could have it's bootloader unlocked like you do with these other Huawei phone HERE:
    Unlock Bootloader - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..

It would be nice to have the bootloader unlocked, Can I get the password for my phone from you? here's my data for the passwor

If you want to sell phones, in the usa, you better start saying yes
    to the dev community and no to the carriers...or your phones won't go
    no where..

Last edited by intovoid; 10-17-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

If you find a link to it I'll look it over
    I apologize I looked high and low and could not find ANYTHING. It seems they're actually having the same issue we are :-(. But i did stumble upon this. It's a version of there ics update without the boot being locked.
    www.hardwarezone.com.sg - View Single Post - Huawei Honor U8860 non camera Users come in

that's all I could find.

the formula to unlock the cricket merc is hidden away in Huawei's vaults...it's prolly pgp encrypted and rely's on your s/n, meid,and product id to unlock....it's a 16 digit alpha-numeric number that is virtually impossible to crack w/o the formula and is hard wired into the devices eeprom...I don't see it being cracked very easily....

see:

Deciphering phone and embedded security - Part 2: What really happens during an unlock operation

and checkout parts 3 and 4 as well...

Last edited by intovoid; 10-17-2012 at 10:18 PM.

You know dayum well I dont do it that half assed way, so why even suggest it to me??

I can build recovery for it all day long just fine, along with compile a 3.08 kerel, but no way to install it and it boot atm.

And you have to know how to flash boot & recovery for this oddballed weird ass pofs. The way Huawei did it is just plain retarded.

now I may be able to make it so the ics ROM can be flashed from GB via the current CWM. And if I do manage that, then I can compile a custom ics kernel.

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

No!!! The kernel is packed in the boot.img which gets overwritten by the ics boot.img when you install the ics leak.
    Well that's what I said -__- make ics flashable, so you don't have to deal with ICS recovery

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by intovoid View Post
    the formula to unlock the cricket merc is hidden away in Huawei's vaults...it's prolly pgp encrypted and rely's on your s/n, meid,and product id to unlock....it's a 16 digit alpha-numeric number that is virtually impossible to crack w/o the formula and is hard wired into the devices rom...I don't see it being cracked very easily....
    well what if we find out this information of one of the unlocked bootloaders for a different phone and see if that formula doesn't apply to ours? if that's the case we could possibly have this cracked within a month. if it's a formula and not just randomly generated that is.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information