Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

I was having battery trouble after upgrading to ics as well, and I actually finally found a resolution. If you have installed the supercharger script, there's an added section for supercharging ics. The iscream patch is vital to the continuity of the v6sc script. Along with that I have the kick ass kernelizer running at boot alongside it; finally got that sorted this morning and I'm still at 65% battery after an overnight charge listening to google play music for about 2 hours straight. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by vinnyjfface; 10-05-2012 at 10:43 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    Feb 2007
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyjfface View Post
    I was having battery trouble after upgrading to ics as well, and I actually finally found a resolution. If you have installed the supercharger script, there's an added section for supercharging ics. The iscream patch is vital to the continuity of the v6sc script. Along with that I have the kick ass kernelizer running at boot alongside it; finally got that sorted this morning and I'm still at 65% battery after an overnight charge listening to google play music for about 2 hours straight. Hope this helps.
    I would like to try this... what exactly are these apps called and do I find them on the Play Store?

I don't have the link right now but search zeppelinrox on xda forums, hes the author of the script. I'll update my post with the links when I get chance.

Customer Since
    Feb 2007
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyjfface View Post
    I don't have the link right now but search zeppelinrox on xda forums, hes the author of the script. I'll update my post with the links when I get chance.
    Found it, thanks. I think it's working well so far...
    Last edited by pcraven; 10-07-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Overall activity: 11.0%

Customer Since
    July 2012

Alright, so I'm having a pretty interesting problem. The update installed just fine, but now my phone and mms aren't working. Texts don't go through and whenever I try to place a call, I get a recorded message saying "Error 16. Switch 551" Anyone know what might be causing this? I've even downgraded and restored from a nandroid backup and I'm getting the same error. I also called customer service twice and I'm waiting to hear back from their "Advanced support team."

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

Quote Originally Posted by Kavnaugh View Post
    Alright, so I'm having a pretty interesting problem. The update installed just fine, but now my phone and mms aren't working. Texts don't go through and whenever I try to place a call, I get a recorded message saying "Error 16. Switch 551" Anyone know what might be causing this? I've even downgraded and restored from a nandroid backup and I'm getting the same error. I also called customer service twice and I'm waiting to hear back from their "Advanced support team."
    Did you try *228?

Sent from my Paranoid3D with tapatalk2

PCraven, you need to download SManager from the play store, navigate to the script in your SD card, highlight the skull and crossbones, run the script.

Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

Quote Originally Posted by Kavnaugh View Post
    I say redo the ics update/install. More than likely something went wrong the first time thru.

Also, Kavnaugh, did you upgrade via CST Tool or dload folder? A lot of folks had issues with the CST method. Either way, I'd do as Rites suggest and redo it.

Customer Since
    July 2012

I already tried *228, which went through but didn't fix anything, and even though I'm back on gingerbread now, I did try re-installing ICS before the downgrade. I used the dload folder method btw. What could have gone wrong that wouldn't be fixed by downgrading, doing a nandroid backup, and using *228?

Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

Sometimes our impatience doesn't allow us to leave the phone alone to allow the programming to "settle". Sometimes the file is corrupt. Sometimes the hardware is borked......... There are a lot of possibilities, thus we need to eliminate one issue after another during troubleshooting

Customer Since
    July 2012

I'd like to get it fixed sure, but I'm sorry if I seemed short or impatient. I'm just trying to narrow down the possibilities.

Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

Lol, no the "impatience" wasn't directed at you specifically. Sometimes when we flash Roms and updates, we have a tendency to rush through the process and don't give the software time to fully run the first time around.

Customer Since
    Jan 2001
    Phone
    MB886 & M886

I used to have some FC's

To fix them properly and have no lag, supercharge it, add apps to bulletproof list, once all done change your screen transition. Make sure you read all instructions in SC script, placed widgets on home screen from smanager widgets and it's 100% supercharged.

Overall activity: 83.0%

At first when I supercharged it it ran great but after a while everything was fc'ing. I did the fix emmission thing and it just got worse, at the end I just left it unsupercharged.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information