Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 59.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Ubernub
    I solved my little mystery all by myself! I was holding the buttons wrong. I had been holding the volume up and volume down buttons with two separate fingers and the power button with a third. This got me to the sparkly purple battery charging screen.

To get to the download mode screen I had to hold the volume button in the MIDDLE with one finger and press the power button with a second finger. This screen is PINK, not just pinkish like the battery charge screen. Once this was done the drive showed up right away in windows and I was easily able to back up the old recovery.img and copy over the new one.

I'm now rooted, yay!
    What link did you use?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by azmommaof4 View Post
    What link did you use?
    Use the one in the first post. I updated recently

Sent from my M886

Quote Originally Posted by salas

Use the one in the first post. I updated recently

Sent from my M886
    Is it possible to do a remote root. Like for example you can do it for me from where you are. For some reason am unable to do it.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

seeing that it takes someone to PUSH the buttons on the phone, NO!!! =[ where are u stuck at? what part have u made it to?

Quote Originally Posted by xxnubcakexx
    seeing that it takes someone to PUSH the buttons on the phone, NO!!! =[ where are u stuck at? what part have u made it to?
    I got it on my sdcard what's the next step. Like I said am new at this

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Now put it ON ur pc , like ur desktop or something... make sure ur phone is off of fast bootup (settings,application, unclick fast boot) now turn ur phone completely off!plug in ur usb plug, wait for the battery logo to come on then fade away! now hold both vol keys and then hold the power all at the same time... hold until u got a pink screen. When the pink screen comes up, look inside the the image folder that should have popped up! u will see a file called, recovery.img, along with some other files. put that recovery.img in a save place for backup. now move the recovery.img u just downloaded and put on ur desktop in the folder called image that come up... after u replace the file... take off cover and remove the battery then place it back in! and ur done... to get into recovery, u do the same as pink screen, minis the vol down! u just use the vol up and power!.. then u can follow other guides on the forum for doing stuff in recovery =D

Now put it ON ur pc , like ur desktop or something... make sure ur phone is off of fast bootup (settings,application, unclick fast boot) now turn ur phone completely off!plug in ur usb plug, wait for the battery logo to come on then fade away! now hold both vol keys and then hold the power all at the same time... hold until u got a pink screen. When the pink screen comes up, look inside the the image folder that should have popped up! u will see a file called, recovery.img, along with some other files. put that recovery.img in a save place for backup. now move the recovery.img u just downloaded and put on ur desktop in the folder called image that come up... after u replace the file... take off cover and remove the battery then place it back in! and ur done... to get into recovery, u do the same as pink screen, minis the vol down! u just use the vol up and power!.. then u can follow other guides on the forum for doing stuff in recovery =D
    Thanks for the help

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

np. . . . if u dont get it, dont be afraid to ask question =D

np. . . . if u dont get it, dont be afraid to ask question =D
    I think what scares me is that I'll mess it up

Quote Originally Posted by azmommaof4 View Post
    I think what scares me is that I'll mess it up
    Even if you do, there's plenty of geeks here to help :P

Sent from my M886

Quote Originally Posted by salas

Even if you do, there's plenty of geeks here to help :P

Sent from my M886
    Thanks I appreciate you all

Overall activity: 6.0%

Ok so here's my problem, first off I'm running android 2.3.5, this phone has gone retarded. I'm having the issues some others have talked about where the phone won't remember anything. The I'm trying to put a custom rom on the phone so I can get rid of all these issues, I also have forced quit issues as well. My biggest problem right now is I can't disable fast boot, the phone remembers nothing, no changes at all, even when I try to uninstall apps they come back when the phone restarts. How can I fix this problem? I can't afford to get a new phone, I really need to fix this ASAP. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Ekabnalc024; 05-19-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekabnalc024 View Post
    Ok so here's my problem, first off I'm running android 2.3.5, this phone has gone retarded. I'm having the issues some others have talked about where the phone won't remember anything. The I'm trying to put a custom rom on the phone so I can get rid of all these issues, I also have forced quit issues as well. My biggest problem right now is I can't disable fast boot, the phone remembers nothing, no changes at all, even when I try to uninstall apps they come back when the phone restarts. How can I fix this problem? I can't afford to get a new phone, I really need to fix this ASAP. Thanks in advance.
    Take the battery out. Go into download mode. Follow rest of instruction.flash new ROM

Sent from my M886

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

LOL easy... pull the battery to boot it off then go into pink screen... sometimes the phone trys to reboot after u put the battery in even though u didnt push power! To solve this, u can 1. PUT BATTERY AND COVER ON FAST and get to pink screen or 2. My favorite... take the battery OUT and KEEP it out! put the over on and hold vol + plus vol- and plug in USB, remember no battery while doing this... that will bring up pink screen... replace the recovery.img and now unplug usb to get out of pink screen NOW hold Vol+ plus Power and plug in usb, that will bring u into recovery without a battery! =D u can do ALL ur recovery u need to do without a battery! u can also mount ur sdcard inrecovery to place ur rom for flashing =D

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

i say without a battery cause like i posted, it WILL try to boot up on u if ur not fast enough while putting the battery in

Overall activity: 6.0%

Ok, so i took an SD card, put it on my computer, moved a custom rom image over to that, did the pink screen with no battery, replaced "recovery" with the file on the site. Now i start the phone with Volume UP and Power pressed in together at the same time, ive tried this with battery and without battery, every time it loads up in Android Recovery (3e). Any other ideas? I've tried pretty much all the suggestions i've seen. Also just to say again I cant turn off Fast Boot, when i disable it in android it is turned back on at bootup, regardless of a battery putt or regular shut down. Also If i try to do a factory reset it does absolutely nothing. Is there another solution?

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information