Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 299
  1. #241
    Senior Member
    Points: 11,591, Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    salas's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 49
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,677



    You know what would you make super! If instead you do TWRP. Just an idea. I love that recovery now!

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3

  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #242
    Senior Member
    Points: 2,596, Level: 30
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Rites's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 18
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    san antonio, tx
    Posts
    387
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc



    Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    You know what would you make super! If instead you do TWRP. Just an idea. I love that recovery now!

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3
    I used twrp for a while on my 3d, then switched to 4ext, so I understand their awesomeness. But you do have to remember I am very new to this, maybe after I can get cwm to work properly then I can try others

    Sent from my Paranoid3D with tapatalk2

  4. #243
    Member
    Points: 2,208, Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%
    D-Man's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Customer Since
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Dayton, OHIO
    Posts
    164
    Phone
    MB886 & M886



    Angry

    I'm having problem here. Downgraded to GB ROM with dload1 & dload2 and few hours later Upgraded back to a ICS ROM with ICS dload. Problem is Update Failed after firmware Unpacked and Installing, towards the end -BAM-. Tried to reverse dload1 & 2 and same Update Failed on dload2. Went into pink screen with SD-Card removed, restored all recovery files back and keeps failing over and over towards the end of install. What's happening to my Merc? I can't enter into recovery mode, I tried to replace custom recovery and shows disk is full. Please Help me here guys. Somehow phone powered on after removing battery and leaving power on. This is the message I'm seeing "Image signature verify fail!" "Your appboot image may have an incorrect signature. Please update your image to a signature official one. You can remove your battery for power down."
    Last edited by D-Man; 09-11-2012 at 11:25 PM.

  5. #244
    Senior Member
    Points: 11,591, Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    salas's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 49
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,677



    Quote Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
    I'm having problem here. Downgraded to GB ROM with dload1 & dload2 and few hours later Upgraded back to a ICS ROM with ICS dload. Problem is Update Failed after firmware Unpacked and Installing, towards the end -BAM-. Tried to reverse dload1 & 2 and same Update Failed on dload2. Went into pink screen with SD-Card removed, restored all recovery files back and keeps failing over and over towards the end of install. What's happening to my Merc? I can't enter into recovery mode, I tried to replace custom recovery and shows disk is full. Please Help me here guys. Somehow phone powered on after removing battery and leaving power on. This is the message I'm seeing "Image signature verify fail!" "Your appboot image may have an incorrect signature. Please update your image to a signature official one. You can remove your battery for power down."
    This isnt really a hard brick.. but its a brick alright.

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3

  6. #245
    Member
    Points: 2,208, Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%
    D-Man's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Customer Since
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Dayton, OHIO
    Posts
    164
    Phone
    MB886 & M886



    Any way into unbricking it? Following these steps here b
    Last edited by D-Man; 09-12-2012 at 07:36 AM.

  7. #246
    Senior Member
    Points: 11,591, Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    salas's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 49
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,677



    Quote Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
    Any way into unbricking it? Following these steps here b
    Tried PST to force the update?

    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III

  8. #247
    Member
    Points: 2,208, Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%
    D-Man's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Customer Since
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Dayton, OHIO
    Posts
    164
    Phone
    MB886 & M886



    Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    Tried PST to force the update?

    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III
    Would I have to be in pink screen, cause it is downloading firmware... in pink screen.?.
    In RED LETTERS: Firmware (Midway download fail)

    ---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

    dload_sd_ram_data_proc->(retry >= DLOAD_RETRY) failed!
    dload_sd_ram_data_proc->(retry >= DLOAD_RETRY) failed!
    dload_sd_ram_data_proc->(retry >= DLOAD_RETRY) failed!
    Last edited by D-Man; 09-12-2012 at 09:16 AM.

  9. #248
    Junior Member
    Points: 621, Level: 12
    Overall activity: 7.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Edinburg, Texas
    Posts
    28
    Phone
    huawei mercury



    Quote Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
    Would I have to be in pink screen, cause it is downloading firmware... in pink screen.?.
    In RED LETTERS: Firmware (Midway download fail)

    ---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

    dload_sd_ram_data_proc->(retry >= DLOAD_RETRY) failed!
    dload_sd_ram_data_proc->(retry >= DLOAD_RETRY) failed!
    dload_sd_ram_data_proc->(retry >= DLOAD_RETRY) failed!
    yes u haveto be on pink screen, u were using pst tool? if so did u follow the steps on the link i posted.........i had same problem and even erased my modem and usb drivers off phone and computer wouldnt even read it.......i used that guide and im using my phone as i write this

  10. #249
    Member
    Points: 2,208, Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%
    D-Man's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Customer Since
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Dayton, OHIO
    Posts
    164
    Phone
    MB886 & M886



    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by south956 View Post
    yes u haveto be on pink screen, u were using pst tool? if so did u follow the steps on the link i posted.........i had same problem and even erased my modem and usb drivers off phone and computer wouldnt even read it.......i used that guide and im using my phone as i write this
    Where? FOP? > First Original Post? Link me?

    I am in pink screen and unable to do much in there. Drive has 239 MB and 0 free space. I can't add larger files in there, but I can rename or remove them. Format is in FAT32. I tried to use Cricket PST tool and everything is failing towards the end, also I receive check SPC Fail and Open Port fail.

    I tried everything so far, unless I'm not understanding instructions very well or something

    I went to my local corp store to see if I could use one of the old phones "they're sending back to manufacturing company" they have to see if I'm doing something wrong, everything worked and returned everything back to factory settings with dload on borrowed phone.

    Also, is there a FACTORY dload out there that I could download and use it that way. I think i have bricked my Mecrury? Don't know what else to do, had 0 problems with Ascend 1 and could do anything to it and still functions well "just super slow vs. Merc"

    I'll be up and online for the next hour till 2:30 am or so, EST time.

    Thanks...
    Last edited by D-Man; 09-13-2012 at 12:23 AM.

  11. #250
    Member
    Points: 2,208, Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%
    D-Man's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Customer Since
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Dayton, OHIO
    Posts
    164
    Phone
    MB886 & M886



    Received another phone today, installed ICS and runs quicker than my other Mercury. Caller some securitel place I think, paper is at home and I'm away from home. Tethering right now.

    Other phone just quit working I'm guessing while running, wasn't me doing something wrong I guess. Have been running on battery for about 6 hours now and charge is at 80% with GPS, BT, and Wireless on. Guessing extended battery will be killer for days.

  12. #251
    Member
    Points: 2,208, Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%
    D-Man's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Customer Since
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Dayton, OHIO
    Posts
    164
    Phone
    MB886 & M886



    I backed up all the apps with data w/ROM Toolbox and went to factory reset from OS menu. I didn't do that on my other Mercury, and ended up bricking it somehow. Anyways, I got a boot loop after first boot initial login, skipped sign in and got a FC something. There was a status bar, I could pull it down and see time and hardware actions for wifi, bt, etc... I took out the battery and replaced it. It started and started to boot loop as I mentioned earlier. F***, AGAIN. I loaded dload1 then dload2 and all good after 6 minutes. Back in GB, now heading back to ICS again.

    Has anyone try doing a factory reset on ICS ROM?
    I did and I had an FC, could it be because I had custom cust.img replaced or just a glitch in the ROM?

  13. #252
    Member
    Points: 1,859, Level: 25
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    BMONEY's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    houston to the valley
    Posts
    217
    Phone
    huawei mercury, S4



    so i went to another forum and saw PG and he had a cwm5 is there a difference with yours salas? or is it the same?

    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

  14. #253
    Member
    Points: 1,039, Level: 17
    Overall activity: 7.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 31
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    117



    Quote Originally Posted by BMONEY View Post
    so i went to another forum and saw PG and he had a cwm5 is there a difference with yours salas? or is it the same?

    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2
    This is PG's thread here for his recovery

    [CWM] Clockworkmod Recovery (Touch Based) for the Huawei Mercury m886/c8860

    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

  15. #254
    Senior Member
    Points: 11,591, Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    salas's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 49
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,677



    Quote Originally Posted by jbrt View Post
    This is PG's thread here for his recovery

    [CWM] Clockworkmod Recovery (Touch Based) for the Huawei Mercury m886/c8860

    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2
    And that's the touch recovery but doesn't work fully. Has bugs. He should have a better update soon though

    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III

  16. #255
    Junior Member
    Points: 119, Level: 2
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    dyslexicon's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    7



    Hi, noob here. I have a problem installing the recovery.img

    I got to the pink screen and removed the recovery.img that was in there and replaced it with salas' recovery.img When I boot the phone into Recovery mode it still says it's the same recovery screen as before. I've even unplugged and plugged the USB cable back in while the pink screen was still on to see if it copied the custom recovery.img and it still shows the same original recovery.img in there. Any tips? Thanks in advance.

 

 
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner