Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
    Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|
    Overall activity: 0%

We need a cdma source so we can make the kernel, without it data will be a no go. 2 Roms have been working for only calls but reboots here n there. No sms working as of right now but we are working on the roms still. We havent given up since were constantly making new build to test but don't post to public bcz of risk of bricking device. Once we got at least talk and text then ill post for preview.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Thank you Oriax For all your Work and Everyone Els I have been looking at the Review Videos on Youtube of the Honer with ICS on it. It looks Very Nice IT would be great to have this

Overall activity: 1.0%

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123 View Post
    We need a cdma source so we can make the kernel, without it data will be a no go. 2 Roms have been working for only calls but reboots here n there. No sms working as of right now but we are working on the roms still. We havent given up since were constantly making new build to test but don't post to public bcz of risk of bricking device. Once we got at least talk and text then ill post for preview.

Hey Oriax have you seen this thread
    Huawei Mercury ICS 4.0.3 alpha

looks like its another dev effort going on for this port. You may be able to leverage or learn from there efforts? Maybe you guys can even join forces and with your powers combined form captin planet? Just kidding but I bet you guys could make some serious progress.

Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

Its Android Titan, the same guy here on this forum working with oriax....

Customer Since
    03/2011
    Phone
    Chelsea S III

Lmao. Join forces and create Captain Planet. I ♥ it!

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123:57559

Do you think that some of the problem could be in the cust.img? Bc I was looking threw it and noticed some data configs

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by android4ever91 View Post
    Do you think that some of the problem could be in the cust.img? Bc I was looking threw it and noticed some data configs
    We need the cdma source, only thing we need left. We've went through every file and tweaked,edited to find out its not going to work until the source is out. Verified by few devs.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123:57730
    We need the cdma source, only thing we need left. We've went through every file and tweaked,edited to find out its not going to work until the source is out. Verified by few devs.
    Oh okay so there will be no roms until the kernel is released...is that what's holding up the MIUI rom as well?

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Oh okay so there will be no roms until the kernel is released...is that what's holding up the MIUI rom as well?
    yes, no roms of anykind will be out until we get the source. Although we can still create Gingerbread roms working but as before, data wont stick for some reason.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123:57734
    yes, no roms of anykind will be out until we get the source. Although we can still create Gingerbread roms working but as before, data wont stick for some reason.
    So can you create a cm7 or cm9 without the kernel? I'm new to all this so my bad for so many questions...I'm trying to learn about source and porting roms

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

So can you create a cm7 or cm9 without the kernel? I'm new to all this so my bad for so many questions...I'm trying to learn about source and porting roms
    No lol if that was the case few rom's would've been out already. Don't want people bricking their nice phones

Banned

Development Thread.

Ok guys.. asking ridiculousness questions. Yes we were all at one time not up to speed on Android. And especially ics 4.xx android.. here is a good way that you can get acquainted with android. The same was every developer/rom cook has done..

http://www.developer.android.com

. This is the site to get started with understanding android. Please before asking continued questions go there and READ THE BASIC CONCEPTS BEHIND ANDROID.. Read the forums and accept the answers given OR Lean to do it yourself.

SO As said above there will likely be no STABLE 4.0 ROMS of any type without proper source of Kernel. for the M886.
    OR if anyone can find a ROM or source for the C8860E version of the Glory. its the cdma version of the honor u series phone... Most likely the same as the M series..

I found a forum from asia where they are trying to port the honor gsm to cdma.. if they get a break thru i will post it to the dev of this forum..

Good Luck all be patient the mercury is a awesome device as it is .. ICS WILL not give you much more for a phone. But its awesome on a tablet. can someone give me a Jellybean rom for my iconia a500 please

Overall activity: 11.0%

Anyone word on when Huawei plans on releasing the source code? Is there a petition we can sign or should we start hitting up Huawei's inbox bugging them to release the source code like we did for the Ascend? I have no problem sending 100+ emails a day to them I did it before I'll do it again.

Banned

I am sure the Source for kernel 2.3.6 is on there website under this device.. If not yes start a petition.But I would put pressure Tthem efor a ICS ROM For our device.. There is no update or rom for ics so there is NO SOURCE requirements for them to release it.
    you could ask them if they have a kernel for ics that is CDMA and works with our hardware. or honor or glory.I feel cricket will not be updating this phone. So we have to hope huawei supplies some ics rom

Overall activity: 44.0%

in the meantime i would love to see a cooked stock rom or cm7 maybe on this phone, unless we need the source to port cm7..either way a nice ROM would be cool

Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-05-2012, 11:20 PM

Thread Information