Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Wishing the Dev Gods will make this Happen LOL Thank you again everyone who is working on getting up ICS

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Well, I lost service as it seemingly switched over to GSM on its own, its now asking for a UIM cardand has no service. I even restored my nandroid backups & factory reset and it still asks for that card, even with stock. I tried oriax's revokster rom to return it to CDMA using the CDMA settings panel in wireless and networks, but it doesn't do anything when I select it.

So, my phone is bricked. It's that simple folks. I still have the rom and hope to continue working on it once I can get service back, even on stock...man my girlfriend will be pissed
    Last edited by dayemare; 04-09-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Thanks for trying hopefully someone can help you atleast get back to stock !!!! pissed gf is NOT FUN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dayemare View Post
    Well, I lost service as it seemingly switched over to GSM on its own, its now asking for a UID card (or however its spelled). I even restored my nandroid backups & factory reset and it still asks for that card, even with stock. I tried oriax's revokster rom to return it to CDMA using the CDMA settings panel in wireless and networks, but it doesn't do anything when I select it.

So, my phone is bricked. It's that simple folks. I still have the rom and hope to continue working on it once I can get service back, even on stock...man my girlfriend will be pissed

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

oriax123: He needs to wipe
    oriax123: /settings
    oriax123: /data
    oriax123: /cache
    oriax123: And go into download mode to replace the files one the image folder to stock
    oriax123: Then flash my rom.
    oriax123: I'm on my android, yea post it but add you'll need to add custom recovery again. The files are in "stock recovery?" Thread

That's what he wrote about this.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 3.0%

awesome guys Love the "love" this group shows . Wish I knew more technically but Man I was cheering ya on ...

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    oriax123: He needs to wipe
    oriax123: /settings
    oriax123: /data
    oriax123: /cache
    oriax123: And go into download mode to replace the files one the image folder to stock
    oriax123: Then flash my rom.
    oriax123: I'm on my android, yea post it but add you'll need to add custom recovery again. The files are in "stock recovery?" Thread

That's what he wrote about this.

Thanks a ton, I know how to do all that but how do you wipe /settings? Thanks.. a factory reset always goes to the ICS messed up rom & my boot screen is no longer Huawei logo but a green screen with a red and blue square (wtf?)

even when I replace the download folder files (boot, recovery, etc) its still the sme weird boot screen & UIM request.
    Last edited by dayemare; 04-09-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Thanks a ton, I know how to do all that but how do you wipe /settings? Thanks.. a factory reset always goes to the ICS messed up rom & my boot screen is no longer Huawei logo but a green screen with a red and blue square (wtf?)

even when I replace the download folder files (boot, recovery, etc) its still the sme weird boot screen & UIM request.
    my bad /system

boot into recovery and go to "mount & storage"
    format
    /system
    /data
    /emmc
    /cache
    then take out battery
    (in linux using the nautilus in terminal for root file explorer)
    boot into download mode and replace the files in the "image" folder with the stock except for "recovery.img"
    unplug and take out battery
    boot into recovery holding "Volume UP, Home, and Power" until it vibrates then let go.
    now flash my rom.
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

good news.. I used your wiping tool, installed your rom, then went to wireless & networks, then CDMA settings, and set it back to cricket - and now it works! I will be back to developing this ICS rom now!!!

WOOOO we might have ICS again by tonight

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Alright guys, got ICS booted again. I can confirm I have a signal again and can call.. am working on the rest now.

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Edit again: It switched back to the GSM setting. I am working on getting it to stay, and will try oriax's instructions if it doen't work.

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

good news.. I used your wiping tool, installed your rom, then went to wireless & networks, then CDMA settings, and set it back to cricket - and now it works! I will be back to developing this ICS rom now!!!

WOOOO we might have ICS again by tonight

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Alright guys, got ICS booted again. I can confirm I have a signal again and can call.. am working on the rest now.

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

lol guess my tool does come in handy(;

Glad your back up and running. If you need any advice or help just shoot me a IM @ oriax123 yahoo messenger
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Well, I lost service as it seemingly switched over to GSM on its own, its now asking for a UIM cardand has no service. I even restored my nandroid backups & factory reset and it still asks for that card, even with stock. I tried oriax's revokster rom to return it to CDMA using the CDMA settings panel in wireless and networks, but it doesn't do anything when I select it.

this it what has happend whith my phone whith th 2.3.6 rom it would it keep doing it on its on the way i would swith it back was i had to go into wireless settngs in settings you there was a cdma setting and in there you would have 2 options cricket wireless and china telecom mine was on china telecom so i just hit the cricket option and then would reset back to cricket but n

We're up and running again folks.. I am calling and texting on ICS

Phone
    Huawei ascend

This is awesome
    its would be cool if it was released today because its my birthday

dose the data work?

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

please, i hope data is working.

Data is almost working. I have all the details I need to set it up. However, I'm going out with my girlfriend/fiance in a few minutes and won't be back until about 8:00pm Arizona time (mountain I think? it's -7:00) so I won't even be able to start working on it until then. I will release it as soon as I think it is functional enough to use on a daily basis.

Also, please, let me point out one important detail: this is the official rom from Huawei. That means its Huawei branded. It will look basically the same as gingerbread (blue theme, same details as GB) because its using the same theme. I'm not a themer nor do I know how to edit the theme so I'm not going to. Once I release the rom, you can theme it however you like. It's not completely the same, but it shares the same general theme idea.

Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-05-2012, 11:20 PM

Thread Information