Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

According to a few, huawei is in violation of these laws. And if that is the case then they should be reported accordingly.

Everyone wants ICS on their phone, but it wont happen until the source kernels are released. So it would make sense that if enough people reported them, then they would release them. Maybe I have my facts wrong, but I feel it's the "a closed mouth never gets fed" theory.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by jesse59672 View Post
    According to a few, huawei is in violation of these laws. And if that is the case then they should be reported accordingly.

Everyone wants ICS on their phone, but it wont happen until the source kernels are released. So it would make sense that if enough people reported them, then they would release them. Maybe I have my facts wrong, but I feel it's the "a closed mouth never gets fed" theory.
    seems like a good idea to me, i started to email huawei and got nothing. so we may as well start snitching on them. i'm starting to get fed up with there lack of responses. -.- some of the worst customer support i've yet to see.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Yeah, but even if they had told Cricket they were developing something, I don't believe Cricket would dare hint at it. Check out their Facebook and you'll know why instantly.Huawei did drop the ball on the Ascend since they updated Metro's version. With this being a higher end phone for them, it's a real let down if they don't do one OS update. This might turn people away from Huawei in the future in my opinion.
    I will never buy a Hauwei product again after my experience with the Ascend. I've never had a shittier piece of electronics.

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Touched a nerve???

Sent from my Merc

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

IF HUAWEI RELEASES SOURCE CODE FOR HUAWEI MERCURY M886 CDMA . THIS WILL NOT HELP getting ICS On this phone.. The source code they are required to release is KERNEL SOURCE FOR 2.6.37 LINUX KERNEL. this is what is on our phone now. IT Would allow some better 2.3 roms and added module support but will not help with ics.

They WILL NOT Release source for a rom not available . being ics.

hope this helps with people thinking having the kernel source for m886 will bring us ics . IT WILL NOT HELP IN ANY WAY.

Overall activity: 9.0%

Phone
    mercury(glory)m886

Quote Originally Posted by ericarenee View Post
    IF HUAWEI RELEASES SOURCE CODE FOR HUAWEI MERCURY M886 CDMA . THIS WILL NOT HELP getting ICS On this phone.. The source code they are required to release is KERNEL SOURCE FOR 2.6.37 LINUX KERNEL. this is what is on our phone now. IT Would allow some better 2.3 roms and added module support but will not help with ics.

hope this helps with people thinking having the kernel source for m886 will bring us ics . IT WILL NOT HELP IN ANY WAY.
    didn't getting the source for the ascend help port 2.3 to the phone? what we mostly need is the references that are being used(if i'm not mistaken). we can use the same ones in ics. right? I very well could be wrong, i've never fully ported a rom, so not talking from experience here. Just from following the ascend community and watching its progress, i didn't help much. only messed with apns to help with data when that was the issue.

yeah, they wont release the source for ICS for our phones as it doesnt run on ICS (even if it did, they tend to keep the source for themselves), but the source for our stock rom would help with porting ics.

This really Really Sucks
    Last edited by sergiodeleon; 05-01-2012 at 01:08 AM.

^^^^^^Agreed^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by ericarenee View Post

GTFO.. how do you think most phones get roms from a version not out for that specific phone yet? Take the galaxy Note (that new big phone with a stylus) for example. The ascend. Nexus 1. G1. HTC Evo. Droid X. Droid Eris. Motorola Droid X....

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 3.0%

I'm pretty sure that we should start hearing news sometime soon, its been about five months now(what a lead android developer thinks is "very reasonable") and Samsung just started rolling out ICS in Canada yesterday. So I'm guessing we shouldn't have too much longer to wait.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    GTFO.. how do you think most phones get roms from a version not out for that specific phone yet? Take the galaxy Note (that new big phone with a stylus) for example. The ascend. Nexus 1. G1. HTC Evo. Droid X. Droid Eris. Motorola Droid X....

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk
    Be nice, but I'm pretty sure they usually build from source code from the same version.

Developers made some ICS roms early on I believe from code that was released (dev releases... forgot wth they called it). Pretty much I think they took what was put out in public by Google and filled the rest with Gingerbread code. This is like Jurassic park dyno DNA crap. Filling in the missing strands with frog DNA. This is all from what I can remember, and a lot of stupid stuff is stuck in parts of my brain that I can't access anymore.

I don't think we have the kind of developers working on this phone like some of the other models out there <--- Duh statement.

I posted this as an article and some of you should just watch it and be mad.

Windows 8 Tablets, Siri Loaded iPod Touches, and More! - YouTube

RAZR has had two ICS leaks (2nd leak apparently makes it impossible to SBF back to stock GB). Still nothing OTA and official.

Unfortunately I'm still waiting for the engine upgrade, fender fix, revised air intake, suspension changes (although I went aftermarket), side airbag (now standard), third member (actually I got that fixed under warranty and upgraded), throwout bearing (yes it's stick), etc that came in later model years of my FJ Cruiser. One day I do expect to walk outside and see that the OTA update has been done automatically. w00t!

Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 05-02-2012 at 12:33 AM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 34.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Be nice, but I'm pretty sure they usually build from source code from the same version.

Developers made some ICS roms early on I believe from code that was released (dev releases... forgot wth they called it). Pretty much I think they took what was put out in public by Google and filled the rest with Gingerbread code. This is like Jurassic park dyno DNA crap. Filling in the missing strands with frog DNA. This is all from what I can remember, and a lot of stupid stuff is stuck in parts of my brain that I can't access anymore.

I don't think we have the kind of developers working on this phone like some of the other models out there <--- Duh statement.

I posted this as an article and some of you should just watch it and be mad.

Windows 8 Tablets, Siri Loaded iPod Touches, and More! - YouTube

RAZR has had two ICS leaks (2nd leak apparently makes it impossible to SBF back to stock GB). Still nothing OTA and official.

Unfortunately I'm still waiting for the engine upgrade, fender fix, revised air intake, suspension changes (although I went aftermarket), side airbag (now standard), third member (actually I got that fixed under warranty and upgraded), throwout bearing (yes it's stick), etc that came in later model years of my FJ Cruiser. One day I do expect to walk outside and see that the OTA update has been done automatically. w00t!
    Like the man said, be happy with the phone you bought.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 4.0%

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123 View Post
    We will get a full working rom soon(;

How Soon Though??? ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeleon View Post
    How Soon Though??? ^^^^
    Don't ask for ETA's

Sent from my M886

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast