Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Ok cool. Did you get ics to run, our are you talking about the flash to stock?

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

The one good thing is it doesn't have callerIQ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot_2012-09-08-08-38-13.png  

Overall activity: 92.0%
    Phone
    Mercury M886

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZiggy View Post
    Wow, it's ok and runs smooth. Time to Root and V6.

My old wallpaper I made won't fit ICS's cropping style, I don't like the launcher icon colors (gotta get GoLauncher). And the Muve Music stuff makes me want to blow my head off. After I customize it I might be more happier... lol.
    You can change the theme to stock android by pressing the menu button or you can download apex launcher. Its a stock ICS launcher that arranges your app drawer among others and uses less space than Go...plus you can use Go or ADW themes if you wanted ..

Yeee. I'm using Apex and its awesome. I'm using a Go theme called Jellydream on Apex with no problems

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by TrillBill_Vol1 View Post
    You can change the theme to stock android by pressing the menu button or you can download apex launcher. Its a stock ICS launcher that arranges your app drawer among others and uses less space than Go...plus you can use Go or ADW themes if you wanted ..

I already deleted the other "themes" and bloat using ROM Toolbox. One of the first things I did was install GoLauncher and GoSMS. I will try Apex because I know G0 uses a lot of RAM. I just like it's simple gray/clear icons, it's stock theme. On GoSMS I use the Dark theme that comes with it.

Another big thing I noticed is how annoying the Android keyboard is, I had to disable it. Words that are spelled correctly are still underlined and that popup saying "Add to dictionary / Delete" made me very angry when trying to correct something I see in suggestions. The popup is blocks it. I don't like you can't simply double-tap a word then press and hold it for copy/paste operations. Moving my thumb to the top is just out of the way... imagine on a tablet.

I take back my former statement: it might seem smooth, til you try to browse a webpage and switch back to send a text. Then try to run an App. Your greeted with a black screen (aside from statusbar) til it finds the memory to load.

I would say it is almost unusable to a poweruser!! This is like running a game that requires a dualcore CPU with 1gb of RAM on a... you get the point. V6 Supercharger seemed to help just a little.

Sorry if I'm all negative this morning.... I havn't had my Monster Energy yet ;]
    Last edited by NeoZiggy; 09-08-2012 at 10:08 AM.

Overall activity: 92.0%
    Phone
    Mercury M886

I already deleted the other "themes" and bloat using ROM Toolbox. One of the first things I did was install GoLauncher and GoSMS. I will try Apex because I know G0 uses a lot of RAM. I just like it's simple gray/clear icons, it's stock theme. On GoSMS I use the Dark theme that comes with it.

Another big thing I noticed is how annoying the Android keyboard is, I had to disable it. Words that are spelled correctly are still underlined and that popup saying "Add to dictionary / Delete" made me very angry when trying to correct something I see in suggestions. The popup is blocks it. I don't like you can't simply double-tap a word then press and hold it for copy/paste operations. Moving my thumb to the top is just out of the way... imagine on a tablet.

I take back my former statement: it might seem smooth, til you try to browse a webpage and switch back to send a text. Then try to run an App. Your greeted with a black screen (aside from statusbar) til it finds the memory to load.

I would say it is almost unusable to a poweruser!! This is like running a game that requires a dualcore CPU with 1gb of RAM on a... you get the point. V6 Supercharger seemed to help just a little.

Sorry if I'm all negative this morning.... I havn't had my Monster Energy yet ;]
    Google ICS dictionary fix...and there ya go. But yeah, we gotta keep in mind this is a demo rom.

Remember. ..this is just the demo. Were basically crash test dummies

Quote Originally Posted by sportwin View Post
    Ok cool. Did you get ics to run, our are you talking about the flash to stock?

i flashed ics on here by accident lol. i forgot i put the dload file on my sd card the other day, so when i tried to get to pink screen to change recovery.img it flashed automatically. luckily its working pretty good, since i never got to make a backup.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by TrillBill_Vol1 View Post
    Google ICS dictionary fix...and there ya go. But yeah, we gotta keep in mind this is a demo rom.

Quote Originally Posted by decepticonvisuals View Post
    Remember. ..this is just the demo. Were basically crash test dummies
    I know. And I can't imagine them releasing it with such poor memory management. I just want to state my opinion so hopefully "they" see what us beta testers are have issues with. In Gingerbread the phone had great management, I would like to see that come back :]

i noticed on stock recovery it has an option touchscreen firmware upgrade..does that mean there is one or just for future reference?

Quote Originally Posted by loustu View Post
    i noticed on stock recovery it has an option touchscreen firmware upgrade..does that mean there is one or just for future reference?
    It does nothing.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3

Overall activity: 7.0%

Phone
    huawei mercury

anyone know where to find files, theyre all expire and i really wanted to try this rom out

i'm finally rooted, running really smooth. a little buggy but everything works fine. how are you guys getting v6 supercharger on here?

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

I know. And I can't imagine them releasing it with such poor memory management. I just want to state my opinion so hopefully "they" see what us beta testers are have issues with. In Gingerbread the phone had great management, I would like to see that come back :]
    actually ICS itself has poor memory management, it is not only the Merc version that has this issue. ICS on both my RAZR and my EVO 3D has similar management issues, only advantage they have are the dual cores

Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

Thats why we modify kernels to avoid running into low memory management, while having better battery life and performance at the same time

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information