Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 511
  1. #451
    Member
    Points: 546, Level: 10
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Customer Since
    sept 2011
    Location
    dinuba
    Posts
    33



    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude130 View Post
    I want to know how i can get ICS

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/h0jwfvocyu...ercury_ICS.rar




    extract the rar file with winrar or 7zip the password is mercury

    1. After extracting the folder "dload", place it in the root of the sd card. 2. make sure the sd card is inserted in the phone, go to system settings --> Storage --> Software Upgrade --> Upgrade via SD card. 3. The upgrade process will take about 20 mins.


  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #452
    Member
    Points: 2,037, Level: 27
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    thatdude130's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Donna Tx
    Posts
    133
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3



    Quote Originally Posted by jmancill1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude130 View Post
    I want to know how i can get ICS

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/h0jwfvocyu...ercury_ICS.rar




    extract the rar file with winrar or 7zip the password is mercury

    1. After extracting the folder "dload", place it in the root of the sd card. 2. make sure the sd card is inserted in the phone, go to system settings --> Storage --> Software Upgrade --> Upgrade via SD card. 3. The upgrade process will take about 20 mins.
    It doesnt need to be rooted right?


  4. #453
    Member
    Points: 546, Level: 10
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Customer Since
    sept 2011
    Location
    dinuba
    Posts
    33



    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude130 View Post
    It doesnt need to be rooted right?
    No it does not have to be rooted because it is an official update by huawei not a custom rom

  5. #454
    Senior Member
    Points: 6,834, Level: 54
    Overall activity: 0%
    dazeone's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 19
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    san antonio
    Posts
    255



    Re: Mercury Ice Cream Sandwich OS

    Well went through 2 mercuries already not good but went ahead and got one more. Using the nova prime launcher nice liking it so far

    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

  6. #455
    Member
    Points: 546, Level: 10
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Customer Since
    sept 2011
    Location
    dinuba
    Posts
    33



    Quote Originally Posted by xx5352 View Post
    How do you install the link? Trying to help a friend come to ICS. We have it download but don't know what to do. Download mode, recovery, or from restore?

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    extract the rar file with winrar or 7zip the password is mercury

    1. After extracting the folder "dload", place it in the root of the sd card. 2. make sure the sd card is inserted in the phone, go to system settings --> Storage --> Software Upgrade --> Upgrade via SD card. 3. The upgrade process will take about 20 mins.

  7. #456
    Member
    Points: 2,037, Level: 27
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    thatdude130's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Donna Tx
    Posts
    133
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3



    Quote Originally Posted by jmancill1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xx5352 View Post
    How do you install the link? Trying to help a friend come to ICS. We have it download but don't know what to do. Download mode, recovery, or from restore?

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    extract the rar file with winrar or 7zip the password is mercury

    1. After extracting the folder "dload", place it in the root of the sd card. 2. make sure the sd card is inserted in the phone, go to system settings --> Storage --> Software Upgrade --> Upgrade via SD card. 3. The upgrade process will take about 20 mins.
    Can i use the muve music card ?

  8. #457
    Member
    Points: 546, Level: 10
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Customer Since
    sept 2011
    Location
    dinuba
    Posts
    33



    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude130 View Post
    Can i use the muve music card ?
    Yes you should be able to use it if not try to find a regular one or use the pst tool for Windows download at depositfiles.com/files/g90v7wfic

    password is : Cricket1 " capital C"
    before you connect your phone to the
    computer make sure you change the USB
    mode to " NORMAL " to do this:
    1 . type * # * # 2846579 # * # *
    2 . select projectmenu
    3 . background settings
    4 . usb port settings
    5 . select Normal mode, and reboot phone.
    6 . Connect phone to computer and start
    Cricket PST 1 . 0
    7 . Make sure you select the Mercury from
    the drop down box
    Once phone shows up on the port ( top
    left ) go over the S /W Update tab and click
    MULTIPLE.
    Click on Firmware check box, and find your
    UPDATE. APP software ( needs to be already
    extracted)
    Click on SCAN PORT , make sure phone
    shows up , then click RUN ,
    PST TOOL will put your phone in download
    mode, and just let it write. *** keep in
    mind phone will power cycle a few times
    after it 's complete , don't worry , its
    normal ***
    At the end you should have the pink
    screen with the words OK .
    at this time do a batt pull then power back
    the phone . ENJOY.

  9. #458
    Member
    Points: 546, Level: 10
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Customer Since
    sept 2011
    Location
    dinuba
    Posts
    33



    Quote Originally Posted by xx5352 View Post
    What's the password? And do you do this in download mode? .

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    password is mercury

    you could do it in download mode or just go to settings>storage>update from sd

  10. #459
    Junior Member
    Points: 216, Level: 4
    Overall activity: 0%
    lightsleeper23's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Customer Since
    2012
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    21
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury



    Bricked it. Damn. Thats what I get for loving ics. Stupid huawei and not upgrading devices.

    Got the dload folder in root of sd, applied upgrade via sd, got to about 97% or so and said upgrade failed. Figured damn guess that didnt work, tried to restart, phones bricked. Says the boot image is invalid, tried putting it in pink screen to flash the proper boot image, but computer wont recognize the phone. Says the usb driver is not installed, which it is. Good thing I am actually able to get a new phone on friday. This one will at least have ics out of the box.

  11. #460
    Member
    Points: 2,005, Level: 27
    Overall activity: 83.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    196



    Quote Originally Posted by lightsleeper23 View Post
    Bricked it. Damn. Thats what I get for loving ics. Stupid huawei and not upgrading devices.

    Got the dload folder in root of sd, applied upgrade via sd, got to about 97% or so and said upgrade failed. Figured damn guess that didnt work, tried to restart, phones bricked. Says the boot image is invalid, tried putting it in pink screen to flash the proper boot image, but computer wont recognize the phone. Says the usb driver is not installed, which it is. Good thing I am actually able to get a new phone on friday. This one will at least have ics out of the box.
    You can still fix it, I had the exact same problem. Downgrade to GB via the PST Tool. Do it twice just to make sure, then if it still doesn't boot here is a link to the .cust-backup folder, just boot it into pink screen and put the stuff thats in there in the image folder that appears on your computer.

    .cust_backup folder if you need it





  12. #461
    Member
    Points: 2,208, Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%
    D-Man's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Customer Since
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Dayton, OHIO
    Posts
    164
    Phone
    MB886 & M886



    Quote Originally Posted by lightsleeper23 View Post
    Bricked it. Damn. Thats what I get for loving ics. Stupid huawei and not upgrading devices.

    Got the dload folder in root of sd, applied upgrade via sd, got to about 97% or so and said upgrade failed. Figured damn guess that didnt work, tried to restart, phones bricked. Says the boot image is invalid, tried putting it in pink screen to flash the proper boot image, but computer wont recognize the phone. Says the usb driver is not installed, which it is. Good thing I am actually able to get a new phone on friday. This one will at least have ics out of the box.

    Had exact same problem, could never fix it, check this, can you write anything into recovery folder when in pink screen. Try adding small text file for a test. Let me know... It's done on both of my phones and had to replace them time after time. I installed KAK and it locked up that partition.

    ---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Perez View Post
    You can still fix it, I had the exact same problem. Downgrade to GB via the PST Tool. Do it twice just to make sure, then if it still doesn't boot here is a link to the .cust-backup folder, just boot it into pink screen and put the stuff thats in there in the image folder that appears on your computer.

    .cust_backup folder if you need it



    I had same problem, remember, and couldn't fix it.


    ---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

    I still can't remove google books app or google plus


  13. #462
    Junior Member
    Points: 448, Level: 8
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Customer Since
    2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    4



    um new here! i've been following this but it this the full version or still the demo? i put the demo on my mercury but downgraded to gb because the ram was low.....

  14. #463
    Senior Member
    Points: 6,834, Level: 54
    Overall activity: 0%
    dazeone's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 19
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    san antonio
    Posts
    255



    Re: Mercury Ice Cream Sandwich OS

    How low was your ram getting I rooted it added ram management program and was around 70 to 90 megs free. Still got a little laggy from time to time

    Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2

  15. #464
    Junior Member
    Points: 448, Level: 8
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Customer Since
    2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    4



    it was under 100mb im not exactly sure but it was more than 50.. it was a lil laggy but i still liked it it felt better to me than gb

  16. #465
    Senior Member
    Points: 6,834, Level: 54
    Overall activity: 0%
    dazeone's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 19
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    san antonio
    Posts
    255



    Re: Mercury Ice Cream Sandwich OS

    Were you rooted

    Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2

 

 
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner