Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

When I first install ICS, I was worried that it was using more ram the GB did..but then read somewhere that any unused ram is wasted ram and the OS dynamically allocates processes in ram so they load faster...if it needs more ram it will kill some lower priority processes and make the ram available for new ones...it should leave at least 40 to 100 MB free depending on the load but I don't sweat the low ram anymore....see this for a technical comparison of ICS v GB

Learn about the technical differences between Gingerbread and ICS [Updated] – Developer World

the merc is prolly better suited to run on GB than ICS..better battery and smoother..no app incompatibility etc..I'm staying with ICS for now as it running ok for me...

Last edited by intovoid; 11-25-2012 at 06:10 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
    Had exact same problem, could never fix it, check this, can you write anything into recovery folder when in pink screen. Try adding small text file for a test. Let me know... It's done on both of my phones and had to replace them time after time. I installed KAK and it locked up that partition.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

I had same problem, remember, and couldn't fix it.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

I still can't remove google books app or google plus
    I cant do anything. When I put my phone in pink screen and plug it into my computer, no window pops up at all. I go to My Computer, its not listed. I go to manage my devices, and it says there is a Huawei technologies device plugged in, but I still cant open it up at all. My computer keeps saying I need to install the USB drivers, but I already have them, it just wont work. This ICS bricked my phone. Didnt do anything but download the file, extract it, put dload into the root of my sd, and go to apply upgrade via sd card. The progress bar goes to about 97%, then says update failed. It must have overwritten my boot.img though, because now I cant even turn on my phone. It says I need to replace the boot image. But I cant because, while I can get into pink screen just fine, the computer wont recognize my device at all. This update is dangerous.

I paid $129 for this like 6 months ago, and it feels terrible. I feel bad for anyone that paid even more, or had it for less time. I loved this phone, except for the lack of the ICS update which was promised by Huawei and never fulfilled.
    Last edited by lightsleeper23; 11-25-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Re: Mercury Ice Cream Sandwich OS

I updated through the phone not software update but placing dload folder at root of sd card the booting into pink screen which will not pop up if dload folder is there

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2

Try the Cricket PST:
    This is to install via a cricket PST which can be found:

Cricket PST...

password is : Cricket1 "capital C"
    before you connect your phone to the computer make sure you change the USB mode to "NORMAL" to do this:
    1. type *#*#2846579#*#*
    2.select projectmenu
    3.background settings
    4.usb port settings
    5.select Normal mode, and reboot phone.
    6.Connect phone to computer and start Cricket PST 1.0
    7.Make sure you select the Mercury from the drop down box
    Once phone shows up on the port (top left) go over the S/W Update tab and click MULTIPLE.
    Click on Firmware check box, and find your UPDATE.APP software (needs to be already extracted)
    Click on SCAN PORT, make sure phone shows up, then click RUN,
    PST TOOL will put your phone in download mode, and just let it write. ***keep in mind phone will power cycle a few times after it's complete, don't worry, its normal***
    At the end you should have the pink screen with the words OK.
    at this time do a batt pull then power back the phone. ENJOY.

forget step 1 thru 5, run Pst on your windows computer with the merc on usb...if you have trouble with the drivers not working...they're on the sd card on phone..pull sd card and manually install drivers on windows box reinstall sd card on phone..and try it that way....hope you can get it back to life...

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

No go. This upgrade killed my merc. Oh well. I got the htc one v for fifty bucks as a cyber monday deal. (The one v has a bunch of cool roms out) Will use this as a temp phone for now. Next real phone im getting will be the nexus 4. So looks like im done with cricket. Cant say im sad about that honestly, but it is a shame how it went down. Well, virgin mobile for now, then probably simple mobile if i can for the nexus.
    Last edited by lightsleeper23; 11-27-2012 at 03:31 AM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by lightsleeper23 View Post
    No go. This upgrade killed my merc. Oh well. I got the htc one v for fifty bucks as a cyber monday deal. (The one v has a bunch of cool roms out) Will use this as a temp phone for now. Next real phone im getting will be the nexus 4. So looks like im done with cricket. Cant say im sad about that honestly, but it is a shame how it went down. Well, virgin mobile for now, then probably simple mobile if i can for the nexus.
    Would you be willing to try Solavei as one of my clients?

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Nexus 4 awesome. Running on the 60.00 tmobile monthy plan... Great phone paired perfect with my nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by ericarenee View Post
    Nexus 4 awesome. Running on the 60.00 tmobile monthy plan... Great phone paired perfect with my nexus 7
    I'm envious of your Nexus 4 ...wish it had an sd card though...

Can someone explain hard bricked vs. soft bricked? If you can get to the pink screen (download mode) isn't that soft bricked and recoverable via PST or ADB?

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Would you be willing to try Solavei as one of my clients?
    Whats Solavei?

---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by intovoid View Post
    I'm envious of your Nexus 4 ...wish it had an sd card though...

Can someone explain hard bricked vs. soft bricked? If you can get to the pink screen (download mode) isn't that soft bricked and recoverable via PST or ADB?
    Id like to know this too. Since i can get to pink screen id think recovery is possible, but if i cant get my pc to interact with the phone at all then i just dont know how im gonna do anything.

Whats Solavei?

---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 AM ----------

Id like to know this too. Since i can get to pink screen id think recovery is possible, but if i cant get my pc to interact with the phone at all then i just dont know how im gonna do anything.
    what methods have you tried interacting the merc to your compter? specifics...

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by intovoid View Post
    what methods have you tried interacting the merc to your compter? specifics...
    Ok. First, i can only get 2 screens to show up on my merc; an error screen saying i have an incorrect boot image, and pink screen. So i put it on pink screen, plug usb into computer, and a window pops up on my pc saying i need to install the usb drivers. I have them, i installed them a long time ago. Nevertheless, i redownload them, which replaces the old one i had with the new drivers. Then my pc installs it. I plug the phone in again. Another window pops up saying i dont have the drivers. This happens over and over again, no matter how many times i install the drivers. When i go to My Computer on pc, the phone is not listed as plugged in, so i cant open it up and do anything to it. I look under manage devices on my pc, and it does say there is something plugged in called Huawei Technologies, but it does not let me open it up to do anything. There is just an error symbol by it.
    Last edited by lightsleeper23; 11-28-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Overall activity: 2.0%
    Customer Since
    too long
    Phone
    huawei mercury

New link please I would like to download

Customer Since
    sept 2011

Quote Originally Posted by sundevil View Post
    New link please I would like to download

DepositFiles

Customer Since
    Jan 2001
    Phone
    MB886 & M886

Ok. First, i can only get 2 screens to show up on my merc; an error screen saying i have an incorrect boot image, and pink screen. So i put it on pink screen, plug usb into computer, and a window pops up on my pc saying i need to install the usb drivers. I have them, i installed them a long time ago. Nevertheless, i redownload them, which replaces the old one i had with the new drivers. Then my pc installs it. I plug the phone in again. Another window pops up saying i dont have the drivers. This happens over and over again, no matter how many times i install the drivers. When i go to My Computer on pc, the phone is not listed as plugged in, so i cant open it up and do anything to it. I look under manage devices on my pc, and it does say there is something plugged in called Huawei Technologies, but it does not let me open it up to do anything. There is just an error symbol by it.
    Had the same problems, could never get if fixed. I was able to fix it, but it erased my MEID, MDN, ESN & PESN numbers. Never was able to fix it yet, still have the device sitting next to my replacement. I've tried to flash to cricket and re-enter all the device numbers.

Overall activity: 2.0%
    Customer Since
    too long
    Phone
    huawei mercury

this is great now im wondering if there is a root method for this ics update?

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread Information