Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    SEPT 2012
    Phone
    MERCURY

For sure bro

Am starting to learn more of the actual coding so the skys the limit once I learn thaat . next update will be using the stock MMS.apk ...(don't worry it will be meet the trooper theming standards :-) Haha ) and just like 5 min ago I successfully decompiled,changed some of the code and recompiled and figured out how to actually get it to install usually fails for some reason .. Not no more! I showed it who was boss haha this way the ROM will have its own modded/themed/trooperized MMS apk B-) ... Yea I typed trooperized if that's not even a word it is now.

Try flashing another ROM see if it persists if it does its not the ROM hahaha naw but for real has any body else had this issue? Bro this sometimes happens to certain city's at a time I've had it happened to me on stock but I asked other people which were on other carriers and phones and they said there's was the same then like 3 hours later they all went back to normal. I think its daylight saving or some crap like that

I know you know the time and effort invested since you have a couple roms out yourself so I appreciate the acknowledgment.
    Last edited by THETROOPER1; 03-02-2013 at 12:31 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Is there a way to show / use emojis in the texting app like Slide Messaging or GoSMS?

Customer Since
    3/2010
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

screen_20130302_0605.pngscreen_20130302_0606.pngscreen_20130302_0606_2.pngscreen_20130302_0606_3.png

Just for those who are interested, these are the screenshots of my phone with Trooper 2.0 running with the Plague kernel.
    No disrespect intended to Bile, I know you were planning on doing this anyway but had already ran it and figured I would post what I have.
    Again, many thanks and much appreciation to all those involved in making this a much better and more enjoyable phone.
    Trooper, keep doing your thang man, the work is awesome to say the least.
    Thank you!!

Customer Since
    Nov 2010
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Nevermind guys, I checked around on other people running with Cricket phones here in Houston and it seems it isn't just the Mercury. Not sure why Cricket phones here are an hour ahead of what the time actually is, but I managed to fix this issue

Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

I have 1 comment 1st thanks n I like it.....just wish the settings menu was simular 2 I.S. n J.B. 3 thumbs up

Customer Since
    Sept 2012
    Phone
    Mercury ICS

Hey Trooperized Trooper, I'm excited to see what's instore for the next message apk! --I think you found your heading for the toggle menu ---
    Also, I noticed some new menu options for me to play with and I wanted to know if I got the settings right.....Menu/Wireless & Networks/ Mobile Networks/ Access Point Names/ Cricket/ IP Version & APN Protocol...I need to make sure I got the settings on them 2 correct. When I started messing with them APN Protocol was unchecked and I can't put it back to unchecked. I ask because my data keeps cutting in and out. Please post what you have on them settings....Thanks

Customer Since
    SEPT 2012
    Phone
    MERCURY

Mine is unchecked bro

Try them both see which one works. if you can't get it to work just flash it again make sure to backup your apps with titanium backup for easy restore. But yea then don't mess with those settings again haha I never touch them

Customer Since
    Sept 2012
    Phone
    Mercury ICS

Quote Originally Posted by THETROOPER1 View Post
    Try them both see which one works. if you can't get it to work just flash it again make sure to backup your apps with titanium backup for easy restore. But yea then don't mess with those settings again haha I never touch them
    Haha, for sure! I had a feeling. But you know what its like to wanna tinker with everything to see if it can be improved! I would have posted somewhere else, but I knew you'd respond quick...and I figured it was more relevant here! Do f*<k with them settings y'all, it will make your data cut in and out. Almost like it's switching between towers every 30 seconds. Hey Troop, have you had any luck with any 3g tweaks? I tried 3g turbocharger, but it seems to be for GSM or put our phones into a GSM mode.

Overall activity: 46.0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Lol, thanks for testing eracerxstasy. To be honest i am actually afraid of installing the plague kernel due to an issue i have with my edition of the merc. Mine overheats like crazy due to the wifi/bluetooth/3g chip. "Broadcom"...... It saddens me because they have always had top notch hardware. I might install it and give it a try. Hopefully my CPU will stay within a functional temperature range. Other than that. I had to uninstall the Trooper rom. With all my customisations to my OS that i normally do it has an issue keeping signal. It mainly has to do with me using roaming enforced PRLs instead of basic ones. Not sure why it would have data issues though. I have never had problems with stock. It is acting as if i am fighting with someone else over my 3G connection. I am sure one or more people have had this issue before. I know my brother has with 2 of his older phones.

Customer Since
    SEPT 2012
    Phone
    MERCURY

haven't tried any

To be honest most tweaks actually slow your phone down. Trust me I've tried them all. Even if they do help. the difference they make is super minimal usually not even noticeable its pure placebo

Quote Originally Posted by THETROOPER1 View Post
    To be honest most tweaks actually slow your phone down. Trust me I've tried them all. Even if they do help. the difference they make is super minimal usually not even noticeable its pure placebo
    I must admit... Most of he tweaks I've tried... Nvm... I'm drunk...

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

new ver. of Android mobile?

hey can I run ver 4.0 jellybean/ ice cream sandwich? on my mercury? and do I need to root my phone

Overall activity: 7.0%

Quote Originally Posted by djromeo69 View Post
    hey can I run ver 4.0 jellybean/ ice cream sandwich? on my mercury? and do I need to root my phone
    1. Yes 4.0=ICS here's the thread
    2. No we don't have JB
    3. See #1
    4. Not necessarily

Or you could just try Trooper's rom since you posted in his thread

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by jbrt; 03-03-2013 at 08:45 AM.

Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

Yeaaa you have to root your phone before going to ICS because the phone will not allow you to update until you flash a stock rom first...also theres other threads for this, try to keep ICS topics in ICS threads

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidGio View Post
    Yeaaa you have to root your phone before going to ICS because the phone will not allow you to update until you flash a stock rom first...also theres other threads for this, try to keep ICS topics in ICS threads
    not true ive upated to the ics demo from my unrooted stock 2.3.6 since i didnt see the need to flash oriax "rom" to update

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information