Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 470
  1. #196
    Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|
    Points: 49,090, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    oriax123's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 135
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Alamo, Texas
    Posts
    2,045


    1 out of 1 members liked this post.

    Quote Originally Posted by sonasam300 View Post
    Is the recovery supposed to have Salas name on it? Mines don't. I don't know what else I'm missing. I boot into recovery: select update from sdcard :select fastroot v3 zip . Then I get, E: verifying signature failed!........finally installation aborted.
    That means you didn't install the custom recovery. It's different and has Walt more options also says cwm.

    1.download the recovery from salas guide

    2.take out the battery and put the cover back on(no battery)

    3. Hold both volume buttons and plug the USB to the phone and computer.
    (a pink screen will show)

    4. Now go to my computer and delete the recovery.img in the "imAge" folder.

    5. Copy the recovery you downloaded and past it there.

    6. Unplug USB and put battery back in.

    7.hold home, volume up and power until the phone vibrates and let go
    Wait until it shows the recovery.

    Now you can use fast root.


    Sent from Oriax123's iPhone using Tapatalk
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

    If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.



  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #197
    Senior Member
    Points: 3,573, Level: 37
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    sonasam300's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 17
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Location
    madera ca
    Posts
    488
    Phone
    sg3



    Quote Originally Posted by oriax123:63175
    Quote Originally Posted by sonasam300 View Post
    Is the recovery supposed to have Salas name on it? Mines don't. I don't know what else I'm missing. I boot into recovery: select update from sdcard :select fastroot v3 zip . Then I get, E: verifying signature failed!........finally installation aborted.
    That means you didn't install the custom recovery. It's different and has Walt more options also says cwm.

    1.download the recovery from salas guide

    2.take out the battery and put the cover back on(no battery)

    3. Hold both volume buttons and plug the USB to the phone and computer.
    (a pink screen will show)

    4. Now go to my computer and delete the recovery.img in the "imAge" folder.

    5. Copy the recovery you downloaded and past it there.

    6. Unplug USB and put battery back in.

    7.hold home, volume up and power until the phone vibrates and let go
    Wait until it shows the recovery.

    Now you can use fast root.


    Sent from Oriax123's iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did the recovery part way wrong. I put the battery back then plugged USB to computer. Thanks oriax you have been a tremendous help for everything! I'm go do it right and ill holla!

  4. #198
    Senior Member
    Points: 4,194, Level: 41
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    RoWilJr's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 27
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Where you wanna be
    Posts
    650
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3



    It happens... Let us know when you're finally rooted.

    Sent from my Merc

  5. #199
    Junior Member
    Points: 143, Level: 2
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Memphis)
    Posts
    5



    all i get is a blue screen when i try to recover

    ---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

    it wont go into recovery mode wtf

  6. #200
    Senior Member
    Points: 3,573, Level: 37
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    sonasam300's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 17
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Location
    madera ca
    Posts
    488
    Phone
    sg3



    Quote Originally Posted by RoWilJr View Post
    It happens... Let us know when you're finally rooted.

    Sent from my Merc
    it worked! followed the instructions to a "T". oriax u and salas are one eyed men in the land of the blind! for those of you having trouble follow the instructions from above. u cant go wrong. once i booted into recovery and saw that it was cmw recovery i knew i was in. 5 minutes tops! suited and rooted!

    ---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by 2weet23 View Post
    all i get is a blue screen when i try to recover

    ---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

    it wont go into recovery mode wtf
    i nver experience that myself but i can say yr doing somethng wrong. if i can do it antbody can .i almost gave up trying to root this phone. its all in the recovery! if u get that right yr all in.


    i downloaded the recovery from my computer . took my battery out. plugged in usb . press and hold volume up/down. screen turns pink. copy "image" file to computer from phone. open image file in phone and delete recovery file. take recovery u downloaded on computer and move it to the phone . unplug usb. press and hold home button, volume up, and power and u should have cmw. if im wrong please let me know!
    Last edited by sonasam300; 04-27-2012 at 09:15 PM.

  7. #201
    Senior Member
    Points: 4,194, Level: 41
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    RoWilJr's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 27
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Where you wanna be
    Posts
    650
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3



    Good deal... Now enjoy the fruits of your labor!
    Cheers,
    :beer:

    Sent from my Merc

  8. #202
    Junior Member
    Points: 143, Level: 2
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Memphis)
    Posts
    5



    ok im going to try from the top again

    ---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

    OMFG!!!! this blue screen is pissing me off i cant get it i can see the finish line but this damn blue screen it just stays it wont do anything

  9. #203
    Senior Member
    Points: 4,194, Level: 41
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    RoWilJr's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 27
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Where you wanna be
    Posts
    650
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3



    Quote Originally Posted by oriax123 View Post
    That means you didn't install the custom recovery. It's different and has Walt more options also says cwm.

    1.download the recovery from salas guide

    2.take out the battery and put the cover back on(no battery)

    3. Hold both volume buttons and plug the USB to the phone and computer.
    (a pink screen will show)

    4. Now go to my computer and delete the recovery.img in the "imAge" folder.

    5. Copy the recovery you downloaded and past it there.

    6. Unplug USB and put battery back in.

    7.hold home, volume up and power until the phone vibrates and let go
    Wait until it shows the recovery.

    Now you can use fast root.


    Sent from Oriax123's iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have you followed these directions to the letter?

    Sent from my Merc

  10. #204
    Junior Member
    Points: 240, Level: 4
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Madera ca
    Posts
    1



    Quote Originally Posted by 2weet23 View Post
    ok im going to try from the top again

    ---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

    OMFG!!!! this blue screen is pissing me off i cant get it i can see the finish line but this damn blue screen it just stays it wont do anything
    Man I feel yr pain iwish could help u more. But I'm sure there enough intelligent people on this forum who can give u a hand. Just keep on trying folks you'll get it. It took me almost two weeks.

  11. #205
    Junior Member
    Points: 143, Level: 2
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Memphis)
    Posts
    5



    Quote Originally Posted by RoWilJr View Post
    Have you followed these directions to the letter?

    Sent from my Merc
    i thought i did is there a certain place to download it from

    ---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

    yes i just did it again to the letter and still blue screen wins :-(

  12. #206
    Senior Member
    Points: 4,194, Level: 41
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    RoWilJr's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 27
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Where you wanna be
    Posts
    650
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

  13. #207
    Junior Member
    Points: 143, Level: 2
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Memphis)
    Posts
    5



    ok i just did it with my girls phone the recovery img i got made it turn blue is there another source i can get the img from

    ---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

    ok i just did it from my girls phone when i put the recovery img in it turns blue but when i reinsert the stock one it gives me system recovery

  14. #208
    Senior Member
    Points: 3,573, Level: 37
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    sonasam300's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 17
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Location
    madera ca
    Posts
    488
    Phone
    sg3



    Quote Originally Posted by 2weet23:63204
    Quote Originally Posted by RoWilJr View Post
    Have you followed these directions to the letter?

    Sent from my Merc
    i thought i did is there a certain place to download it from

    ---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

    yes i just did it again to the letter and still blue screen wins :-(
    did u download the costum recovery from the very first thread. From yr computer?

  15. #209
    Junior Member
    Points: 143, Level: 2
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Memphis)
    Posts
    5



    no where is that i just got the recovery img

    ---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 AM ----------

    ok i got it it was the simple simple thing i did it on my mac and i couldnt see the exstra file but i used my windows and bam got it im soooo f%$R& happy thank u every one

  16. #210
    Senior Member
    Points: 4,194, Level: 41
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    RoWilJr's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 27
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Where you wanna be
    Posts
    650
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3



    Cool... Glad it finally worked for ya!

    Sent from my Merc

 

 
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner