Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123 View Post
    You can wipe data and if that doesn't work you can try installing a rom.
    I think I'm going to stay away from the custom ROMs for now, just because not everything works perfectly and I just got rooted. I did fix it, though. I factory reset through the recovery (thank you) and re-installed ALL my apps via Google Play on the PC. Then did the settings and immediately shut it off and did a recovery backup lol. NOT AGAIN!!! Thank for your help, though, man. I donated earlier this morning. You're awesome!

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xxnubcakexx View Post
    Off topic
    i googled cricket users and went under images and look what i found:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...EpOC8ASD3ZGjCg

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

imma try to look at this CIQ boot loops, a few ppl been having this problem so far... i havnt been able to replicate it, but imma try to!!! Busy Busy Busy but we will see what happens
    I see those iPhones in the results!

Alright, I'll just avoid letting my phone die in the meantime, to avoid any potential bootloops. If it happens, I can do another nand-backup or factory reset. No big deal. If you connect the phone to wifi and then use Google Play on the PC to restore all your apps, it only takes about an hour and a half. That's negligible to me. I appreciate you guys lookin' out for us Cricket customers. Thanks!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 59.0%

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123

The steps are as easy as it gets. Install cwm using the link to the guide on top. Download my fast root either phone or computer. (best to phone). Reboot into recovery (should of said how to in the cwm guide by having the phone off. Hold volume up & "home" and power until it vibrates then let go.) then go to install from zip. Choose the zip you downloaded earlier. Install. Reboot. Done.
    You can download it straight to your phone and download it from there as well.

So I figured out how to fix the MUVE reboot. You've got to perform a factory reset after you remove CarrierIQ. Then, download all your apps again and you're good! Fixed it for me, at least.

Sent from my Huawei Mercury with Tapatalk

Phone
    ZTE Source rooted

root explorer question

I had my friend root the phone( recovery salas method) this morning before church and he showed me how to delete sys apps using root explorer. I got rid of a lot of bloatware but I want to delete a few more..

Question: if u use root explorer whats the Cricket 411 file name I don't want it , kinda think it says cricketshrtcut.apk. is this correct..?? I got rid of one that this morning might have been the cricket my account apk.. which I never use..which I found ok not having

question: can I get rid of the videos apk I don't want that one either..

how do i get rid of the facebook app cricket or huawei put on the phone I have the market app on already and don't need two. Thank you
    Last edited by Phoenix602; 05-21-2012 at 01:22 AM.

I don't know if you guys are following the ICS update for the Merc, but I emailed Huwaei and here's what I got in return:

Thank you for contacting Huawei Technical Support.

We would require more information concerning your use for the drivers as there may be other methods to successfully complete the task you are attempting with your device. Please feel free to call us Monday through Saturday 7:00am-9:00pm and Sunday 9:00am-6:00pm CST @ 888-548-2934, where any of our agents would be more than happy to assist you.

Please visit the links below for manuals, drivers, and updates for Huawei devices.

http://www.huaweidevice.com

http://www.learnhuawei.com

For learnhuawei.com,you will have to register with the site and then there will be an email sent to you with a link to click on to confirm your email address is valid. You will then enter the information that you registered with to access the site. It will take up to 24 hours to receive the confirmation email with the link.

If you need to reply to this message, please click 'reply' to include all previous correspondence. This allows us to track your issue more efficiently and to resolve your issue more quickly. We hope your experience with us has provided you with an acceptable resolution to your issue.

Regards, Huawei Technical Support

Ok I give up. I have tried and tried and I can't figure it out. I've tried everything even z4 root. But I can't figure it out. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by azmommaof4 View Post
    Ok I give up. I have tried and tried and I can't figure it out. I've tried everything even z4 root. But I can't figure it out. I guess it wasn't meant to be.
    Lol nooo z4 is the easy way out. Flash the root file oriax made, or a custom ROM with recovery

Sent from my M886

Yeah, just use Oriax's method! Super simple. It's at the beginning of this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by salas

Lol nooo z4 is the easy way out. Flash the root file oriax made, or a custom ROM with recovery

Sent from my M886
    Can you send me a personal message cause am sooooooooo lost. Maybe explaining it a little more. I get as far as placing it on my phone and that's it.
    Last edited by azmommaof4; 05-21-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Once I download the cwm recovery then what. What do I select in that app app.

You have to put the fastroot.zip on the sd card. Turn off the phone, hold down power+volume up until you see a plain menu and then select install zip from sd card. Select fastroot.zip and wait. Then select reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by byno2008
    You have to put the fastroot.zip on the sd card. Turn off the phone, hold down power+volume up until you see a plain menu and then select install zip from sd card. Select fastroot.zip and wait. Then select reboot.

Ok I can download that straight from my phone right. Am confused a little don't I need the recovery.

Yea you do. You boot into the recovery with the volume up+power

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

If u already done the "PinkScreen" step you already have recovery! recovery is KINDA the "bios" of ur android device. The fastroot is a .zip file that recovery can read! The .zip file has details to tell recovery what to do to ur phone to root it! So just place the fastroot.zip to ur sdcard, reboot up phone into recovery holding vol+ and power while booting ur phone up! and follow the instruction posted a few post up

Thx! I'm at work rite now so replying is tough. I appreciate the help!

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information