Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%

yea, thanks, i posted that wrong. But, a quick story.

Following the firmware update a couple of weeks ago, I ended up with no cell data and a constant "Roaming Indicator Off." Tried everything I could think of, soft reset, hard reset/reinstall, etc... no data. returned the phone. Got new phone, installed custom recovery to root phone, on reboot the "Roaming Indicator Off" returned with no data. Tried same trick, soft reset, hard reset/reinstall, reprogramed phone, still no data. Leads me to think that something with the new firmware (pure speculation on my part) does not like the custom recovery. Back to cricket got new phone again. Needless to say, I will not be doing it again. Sure would like to get root though, even just to get rid of the damn bloatware. anyone else seen this?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    not sure
    Phone
    Huawei-Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by spoot View Post
    yea, thanks, i posted that wrong. But, a quick story.

Following the firmware update a couple of weeks ago, I ended up with no cell data and a constant "Roaming Indicator Off." Tried everything I could think of, soft reset, hard reset/reinstall, etc... no data. returned the phone. Got new phone, installed custom recovery to root phone, on reboot the "Roaming Indicator Off" returned with no data. Tried same trick, soft reset, hard reset/reinstall, reprogramed phone, still no data. Leads me to think that something with the new firmware (pure speculation on my part) does not like the custom recovery. Back to cricket got new phone again. Needless to say, I will not be doing it again. Sure would like to get root though, even just to get rid of the damn bloatware. anyone else seen this?
    Actually someone posted a recovery and updated firmware on here,I installed both and rooted it and it all works great so look for it on here called update.zip.put it on yer SD and update from it.Everything i have works and its fully rooted with full permissions.

That zip installed superuser, but it isn't actually rooted. Atleast not on my phone. Any suggestions?

Customer Since
    not sure
    Phone
    Huawei-Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssa Sutton View Post
    That zip installed superuser, but it isn't actually rooted. Atleast not on my phone. Any suggestions?
    Rerun Mercury-root.zip to reroot the phone and push the su and busybox to the right places.
    It wont change the files you just added just reroots it with the new files intact.
    Last edited by Blaster; 09-23-2012 at 12:39 AM.

I followed the instructions, and my phone is now rooted but now i have no phone signal or data... is there a fix for this?

Customer Since
    Feb 2007
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Lol I found out what the problem was.

Quote Originally Posted by pcraven View Post
    I used your root method, and it worked great, but i have a couple of problems I am hoping you can help me with.. First of all, my "w" key doesn't work. No matter what I do, I cannot type a "w"! I don't understand why. Also I have" barnacle" installed and when I try to use it, I get re-directed to a cricket Page that tells me that I am attempting to use a service I'm not paying for. Any advice you could give me would be great!
    Thank you for the easy root method and I hope you can help me with these small problems..
    In case anybody was wondering, the reason why I couldn't type a "w" was from nothing but actual physical damage to my phone. I kept my merc in my back pocket at work, and sometimes I would forget to take it out before sitting down, so apparently I was warping the touchscreen, because after a while, the touch screen just stopped working altogether. I had to buy a new merc off of a guy my husband works with, so now I have a brand new one. The moral of the story? DO NOT SIT ON YOUR PHONE. Lol

Customer Since
    not sure
    Phone
    Huawei-Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by lightzoutp View Post
    I followed the instructions, and my phone is now rooted but now i have no phone signal or data... is there a fix for this?
    During the process the data gets wiped,did you try *228 ??

Overall activity: 3.0%

Hi, noob here. I have a problem installing the recovery.img

I got to the pink screen and removed the recovery.img that was in there and replaced it with salas' recovery.img When I boot the phone into Recovery mode it still says it's the same recovery scren as before and it does not give me the option to update with your Fastroot.v3 file. I've even unplugged the USB cable while the pink screen was still on to see if it copied the custom recovery.img and it still shows the same original recovery.img in there. Any tips? Thanks in advance.

Here is a screen shot of the screen I am seeing. When I try to update from the SD card it says that it was aborted. I apologize, I know this is the wrong thread to ask but I am going to post in both yours and Salas' thread in hopes of getting this answered quickly.

img_1706.jpg
    Last edited by dyslexicon; 10-06-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Overall activity: 2.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Thank so much, all worked just fine.

Overall activity: 18.0%
    Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Phone
    sg3

can't get custom recovery

When I dl it in my computer it shows as a disk image. I cant figure this out. Is the dl for the recovery still good?

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2012
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury Ice

Quote Originally Posted by sonasam300 View Post
    When I dl it in my computer it shows as a disk image. I cant figure this out. Is the dl for the recovery still good?
    Windows may just think it's an iso image of some sort, but that doesn't matter. You should be able to drag and drop it in the folder where the other revovery image is and replace it.

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dyslexicon View Post

I got to the pink screen and removed the recovery.img that was in there and replaced it with salas' recovery.img When I boot the phone into Recovery mode it still says it's the same recovery scren as before and it does not give me the option to update with your Fastroot.v3 file. I've even unplugged the USB cable while the pink screen was still on to see if it copied the custom recovery.img and it still shows the same original recovery.img in there. Any tips? Thanks in advance.

Here is a screen shot of the screen I am seeing. When I try to update from the SD card it says that it was aborted. I apologize, I know this is the wrong thread to ask but I am going to post in both yours and Salas' thread in hopes of getting this answered quickly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1706.JPG 
Views:	806 
Size:	899.0 KB 
ID:	3443
    Did you copy and replace the other recovery.img with the new one? Also, what rom are you using, or plan on using?

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

Quote Originally Posted by sonasam300 View Post
    it is a disk image, and yes the dl does work

Quote Originally Posted by dyslexicon View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1706.JPG 
Views:	806 
Size:	899.0 KB 
ID:	3443
    the last time i had the issue you seem to be having was when i tried changing the recovery for one of the bad mercs that they are recalling. they had a batch of phones that would not allow you to write into the phone, and it seems you have one of those

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

I use to have that problem at times, there are several ways you can replace with different out comes for example

Delete recovery.img the. Copy new one inside that folder

Or

Rename recovery.img to recovery.bak then copy the new one inside that folder

Try it and let me know

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Overall activity: 18.0%
    Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Phone
    sg3

Thanks guys (rites, white, oriax)! Ill get on it when I get off work.

Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Cool U da Man

My phone Your method saved Me a lot of headache n time 2nd Mercury I have root then Titanium Backup stalls n I loose root. By the way that Merc is My backup phone with no service sooooo. O and every one looking 2 uninstall factory facebook n twitter its "sns sevices" in Titanium Backup. ThanX a lot O.

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information