Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks & that is probably the best way to root it is use your method on youtube

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Cabaniss:55955
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Great work. I was quickly scanning these posts to see how I can organize everything and promote it. His thread says you must have root access. You can install the custom recovery prior to obtaining root?

somebody please make a better tutorial or a descriptive step by step VIDEO
    it is detailed as much as possible and doesnt require linux. it had every step you need to get rooted. this is as good as it gets.
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Overall activity: 9.0%

I have been reading this for days.. rooting that it..... this easy process .. the recovery.img does not open its downloaded and all but cant grab it to send to sd card if i have no img.. help me out please... trying to root huawei mercury thanks

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Quote Originally Posted by carmen View Post
    I have been reading this for days.. rooting that it..... this easy process .. the recovery.img does not open its downloaded and all but cant grab it to send to sd card if i have no img.. help me out please... trying to root huawei mercury thanks

i JUST Read this method again.. There is nothing any easier.. IF you post back and explain exactly where you are getting stuck. We will be very glad to help you.I will add this method is dependent on having the stock recovery replaces with the Custom CWM Recovery as in The Top post of this thread..
    Good Luck

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by carmen View Post
    Go to the first post and click on the link to Salas guide. Download the file from mediafire(link on his thread) and once you download it rename "recovery.txt" to 'recovery.img" now on your phone assuming its off, hold both.volume buttons then power until.a pink screen.shows. plug it.to.your computer (guessing you have windows) and wait for a pop-up giving you access to a "sdcard" or whatever, in there will be a "image" folder and go inside that. Now rename the "recovery.img" inside to "recovery.img.bak" and now copy the file you download to that folder. Now pull out the battery and go into.recovery by holding volume up and power for abit. Now follow my.guide above and your good to go

Sent from my M886

Phone
    Mercury M886

.to.your computer (guessing you have windows) and wait for a pop-up giving you access to a "sdcard" or whatever, in there will be a "image" folder and go inside that. Now rename the "recovery.img" inside to "recovery.img.bak" and now copy the file you download to that folder. Now pull out the battery and go into.recovery by holding volume up and power for abit.

Oriax123...this is where I got hung up; I couldn't figure out how to get to "Recovery"...I've been there a couple times but didn't know how I got there (..and I was trying to do it in Linux)...I'll try again in a windows machine; probably a laptop as a laptop will probably be the best option for partnering with the Merc

BTW...THANX for your work on this!!

I WILL make this happen; it's just that I totally do not understand the Android OS!!

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by Sport View Post
    Oriax123...this is where I got hung up; I couldn't figure out how to get to "Recovery"...I've been there a couple times but didn't know how I got there (..and I was trying to do it in Linux)...I'll try again in a windows machine; probably a laptop as a laptop will probably be the best option for partnering with the Merc

BTW...THANX for your work on this!!

I WILL make this happen; it's just that I totally do not understand the Android OS!!
    Your welcome just trying to make it easier for everyone.

Sent from my M886

Phone
    GALAXY S4 MODIFIED

you thiunk your good m8 my guide you can root your phone with out the recovery ha ha!, no just playing no really it could lol. but my question is how does the zip file work and how did you make it and what files are inside it

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by jkinglv90 View Post
    you thiunk your good m8 my guide you can root your phone with out the recovery ha ha!, no just playing no really it could lol. but my question is how does the zip file work and how did you make it and what files are inside it
    It just works. And the last time I checked you needed to copy all the files into download mode.then.restore.with "custom" recovery your backup to get root and stock. Mine is.easier.just install the zip instead of downloading so.many filea

Sent from my M886

Quote Originally Posted by ericarenee View Post
    i JUST Read this method again.. There is nothing any easier.. IF you post back and explain exactly where you are getting stuck. We will be very glad to help you.I will add this method is dependent on having the stock recovery replaces with the Custom CWM Recovery as in The Top post of this thread..
    Good Luck

ok i tried this...the file is called recovery.img from the start. i down load it .. you have to have a program to open it with..i cant find the program to help open the recovery.img i had the pink screen but cant go further with out the recovery .. nothing is labeled recovery.txt . please where am i going wrong thanks

Thank You !!!!

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by carmen:56176
    Quote Originally Posted by ericarenee View Post
    Good Luck

ok i tried this...the file is called recovery.img from the start. i down load it .. you have to have a program to open it with..i cant find the program to help open the recovery.img i had the pink screen but cant go further with out the recovery .. nothing is labeled recovery.txt . please where am i going wrong thanks
    ok forget the part where it says recovery.txt since its already named that. just follow what i posted earlier and your good to go. it doesnt say anything about opening rhe rwxovery.img read again friend

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123 View Post
    ok forget the part where it says recovery.txt since its already named that. just follow what i posted earlier and your good to go. it doesnt say anything about opening rhe rwxovery.img read again friend
    hey... tell me if i did it right this time please..... i got the superuser app on the phone now.... whats the next step to insure its rooted? no i was not given a text or message when i finished...

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Go to the market and download an app called root check

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

Phone
    GALAXY S4 MODIFIED

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123 View Post
    It just works. And the last time I checked you needed to copy all the files into download mode.then.restore.with "custom" recovery your backup to get root and stock. Mine is.easier.just install the zip instead of downloading so.many filea

Sent from my M886
    answer the second part of the question m8

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information