Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by kard1978 View Post
    im using 7-zip i press extract to dload type in mercury it starts to extract then i get crc failed in encrpypted file dload\UPDATE.APP'wrong password? i try the second file and get data error in encrypted
    ok you're gonna have to put all the files on your computer, multi select all of them at the same time and select extract. otherwise it won't work. it's how the part files work. i wouldn't recomend extracting it inside the mercury, but on a win-based computer.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TrillBill_Vol1 View Post
    Will do...hopefully tomorrow. I'm just worried about the 3G thing. But I wonder if I can get Google Chrome now. Oh and are you still rooted?

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2
    i did a stock update, so i wasn't rooted when i did this. as for the 3g thing, i'm not sure what happened, he might have just hit a dead zone at the same time the update was done (bad timing). i haven't seen any real major issues. a few small gui issues that are easily ignored. i'm going to attempt to root my phone again, i need titanium backup. lol

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 2.0%

i already put the folder ''dload'' in the sd card and every time i put the upgrade from sd card it just reboots the phone normally .... nothing happens could you please help me here.... does my phone need to be rooted or what ? I just dont know how to do it ... please help me

Overall activity: 92.0%
    Phone
    Mercury M886

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony S Burkett View Post
    ok you're gonna have to put all the files on your computer, multi select all of them at the same time and select extract. otherwise it won't work. it's how the part files work. i wouldn't recomend extracting it inside the mercury, but on a win-based computer.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

i did a stock update, so i wasn't rooted when i did this. as for the 3g thing, i'm not sure what happened, he might have just hit a dead zone at the same time the update was done (bad timing). i haven't seen any real major issues. a few small gui issues that are easily ignored. i'm going to attempt to root my phone again, i need titanium backup. lol
    So you unrooted and installed?

wait, what exactly do i do, STEP BY STEP?

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

So you unrooted and installed?

that's what i did yea. lol though i'm not minding stock much either. the widgets are in the drawer which is incredible. the recovery doesn't matter either way it goes to whatever recovery they had in the first place. also i think it may reset your phone no matter the rom you have installed and remove root (that's what it sounded like others were saying).

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by D'Angelo Cockerham View Post
    wait, what exactly do i do, STEP BY STEP?
    did you follow the original posts instructions? all the step by step instructions are right there.

Phone
    Mercury M886

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony S Burkett View Post
    that's what i did yea. lol though i'm not minding stock much either. the widgets are in the drawer which is incredible. the recovery doesn't matter either way it goes to whatever recovery they had in the first place. also i think it may reset your phone no matter the rom you have installed and remove root (that's what it sounded like others were saying).

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

did you follow the original posts instructions? all the step by step instructions are right there.
    So...if I use Oriaxs fast unroot, then install...I'll be fine? If not, how did you do it? Because you seem to be having the most success.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

So...if I use Oriaxs fast unroot, then install...I'll be fine? If not, how did you do it? Because you seem to be having the most success.

actually what i did instead of that was went ahead and just installed the stock rom.
    http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...-5-2012-a.html
    i don't think it had root installed, i just wiped everything, installed this via the recovery and was good to go. only issue i had was i ended up with the blue screen (basically bricked) so it took me a bit longer to recover from the situation.
    if that somehow happens to you there is a fix posted here
    http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...death-fix.html
    i'd had that happen before so i didn't end up panicking (oriax helped me through it the first time it happened to me).
    i'm not sure if you need to wipe everything for the recovery, BUT he did say that you needed to wipe data after you do the recovery. i just happened to do it before and after. that's how i unrooted lol.
    you don't need to wipe your sd card obviously, saying that just in case you accidently overthink it.
    i've been having no troubles with the update so far.
    i got some mms as well. i'm going to try out the portable tethering next. i'll update the op as i confirm everything works.

Phone
    Mercury M886

Just to sum up...download stock rom...install it like Id install any other rom (inside cwm)...go back to the main menu on cwm, hit the wipe data thing and reboot? Am I missed anything?

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Just to sum up...download stock rom...install it like Id install any other rom (inside cwm)...go back to the main menu on cwm, hit the wipe data thing and reboot? Am I missed anything?

yup that's basically it. lol
    and as i said for some reason the recovery started to act up on me so i couldn't install anything in it and i already had wiped recovery lol so i got the blue screen lol.
    that's why i put that fix there for you. :P
    what tags should i add to this post? when i type in mercury it doesn't show up on there with the other mercury posts. and yes i have that tagged. this is my first tutorial so i'm looking for a few small pointers.

sorry, i got too excited and started over thinking, but i cant unzip these files on my computer so im using my phone and trying to find the right app that will let me extract them all at the same time. i extracted only one at first, and nothing happened

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by D'Angelo Cockerham View Post
    sorry, i got too excited and started over thinking, but i cant unzip these files on my computer so im using my phone and trying to find the right app that will let me extract them all at the same time. i extracted only one at first, and nothing happened
    I changed the link to a better suited one that only has one download instead of 8. on your computer download and install winrar or 7-zip to decompress it.

i been trying to download your one link but nothings happening just wait 30 sec then nothing

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by pandita View Post
    i already put the folder ''dload'' in the sd card and every time i put the upgrade from sd card it just reboots the phone normally .... nothing happens could you please help me here.... does my phone need to be rooted or what ? I just dont know how to do it ... please help me
    hey i'm really sorry, i didn't realize there was a post back here asking for help. did you figure everything out or do you still need help? did you get the upgrade installed? did the dload have any folders inside of it? if the dload had another folder in it called dload, you'd need to move the dload folder out of the dload folder in order for it to work. if you only had the files without the dload folder it would not work either. they need to be on the root of your sdcard, meaning it should be sdcard/dload/

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

i been trying to download your one link but nothings happening just wait 30 sec then nothing
    after you waited the 30 seconds, did you click the button "click here to download now" O.o
    it's working fine for me.

yes i clicked it lol it sits there thinking then sends me to a sign up page

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

yes i clicked it lol it sits there thinking then sends me to a sign up page
    sign up page? i got that after the download had already started. what browser are you using?

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information