Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Customer Since
    Feb 2010
    Phone
    Huawei mercury M88

Does anyone have the original dload update files. whoever gave me the last one gave me part of it and you freakin bricked my phone. let's just hope i fix it for whoevers sake!

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Can someone please give me access to where i can get this update download files. The first person gave me part file and now i think ,y phone is bricked. I need the actual full files so i can fix my phone!

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Can i also get access to those files. I can't seem to find the right files anywhere. The one i got was part file and didn't realize nor did this person have the decency to tell me so now i think my phone is bricked but am trying to see if i can fix it. Someone please help!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 7.0%

What are you talking about? I linked you to the same thread that tk18 linked you to and this very thread you are posting in. I did not send you any file.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    Feb 2010
    Phone
    Huawei mercury M88

I wasn't talking about you, i was simply explaining my situation to you about the situation that the person before has put me in!

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Luvz Rey View Post
    I wasn't talking about you, i was simply explaining my situation to you about the situation that the person before has put me in!
    Just to be clear, you did the update no one else and so you put yourself in this position no one else did. Sorry to hear about your situation but blaming people for what you did will not help you.

Customer Since
    Feb 2010
    Phone
    Huawei mercury M88

blaming, no its a definite! If the person would have specified that the whole file wasn't there then i can see. We come on here asking for advice and what to do about certain situations regarding our phones. If they don';t want to help then perhaps they shouldn't be on these forums. I went to that said person for help assuming they new what they were doing, i sure didn't as i am new with this, but i am not the one giving out advice and telling people to put certain things on their phones.
    Also, yes, i applied the update, assuming that it was trustworthy and the person was reliable. Now i am cautious and question people a little more thoroughly thanks to him, but didn't know what to question at first because i had the slightest idea on updates, rooting, bricking, unbricking and so forth. Like i said maybe you's are in the wrong forum if you don't like helping people as well as hearing their feedback when someone costs them a $160.00 phone. Now i don't think there is no way in hell to fix it, so yeah, you can say i am very freakin upset and pissed! Who wouldn't be?

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Settle down. If you do a bit of research you can probably find your own answer. You'll just have to pick out the pieces that are legit.

How do you think I'm so well informed on the S3 having never owned a Samsung product in my life? I've always owned Nokia or Motorola and the processes and types are apples to oranges

Sent from my 1.89GHz CM10.1 Cricket S3
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Luvz Rey View Post
    blaming, no its a definite! If the person would have specified that the whole file wasn't there then i can see. We come on here asking for advice and what to do about certain situations regarding our phones. If they don';t want to help then perhaps they shouldn't be on these forums. I went to that said person for help assuming they new what they were doing, i sure didn't as i am new with this, but i am not the one giving out advice and telling people to put certain things on their phones.
    Also, yes, i applied the update, assuming that it was trustworthy and the person was reliable. Now i am cautious and question people a little more thoroughly thanks to him, but didn't know what to question at first because i had the slightest idea on updates, rooting, bricking, unbricking and so forth. Like i said maybe you's are in the wrong forum if you don't like helping people as well as hearing their feedback when someone costs them a $160.00 phone. Now i don't think there is no way in hell to fix it, so yeah, you can say i am very freakin upset and pissed! Who wouldn't be?
    You do all this at "YOUR OWN RISK", you cannot blame others for your actions. When you go modifying things, you break the intended purpose to curtail things more to your liking. I understand you are frustrated and even pissed, but you can only blame yourself. No one forced you to do anything. It was advice given not gospel. I am sure anyone who is active on here would love to get your issue resolved for you. I have seen people try to help you, and I have seen where you ignored suggestions. How is it you take one person's advice to get you into this situation but not the next person's advice to get you out. I would suggest, take a couple days off from it, walk away, heck even try to get a replacement under warranty (don't mention you rooted or anything when you do so or else you just talked your way out of a replacement, keep it short and sweet) by visiting a corporate owned store or a premier with service location. Come back to it clear headed and forget what you think you know and start fresh (if you can't get a replacement).

Customer Since
    Apr 2007
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Yep, it is definitely at your own risk, which is why I waited so long before I even tried flashing a custom recovery and rooting. I still haven't installed a ROM because I'm not confident that I have enough understanding of all the variables yet.

It definitely sucks to brick such a very expensive device, especially over a misunderstanding. Seriously though, getting all worked up about it only works against you. It certainly doesn't motivate people to want to help you get your phone back in working order.

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

Oh boy I missed quite a few things lately eh....

OK, what files are we talking about, I might still have my backups...

And yes, rooting/flashing/etc is at your own risk. There are many reasons why your download could have been corrupted, do not blame those that are trying to help (its one of the fastest ways to get banned)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Many people have bricked their Merc trying to get ics and no one has found a way to fix it or make it fail proof.

As far as bricking expensive devices, I intentionally brick my S3 on a daily basis just to learn more about it

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    Apr 2007
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Proffitt View Post
    Many people have bricked their Merc trying to get ics and no one has found a way to fix it or make it fail proof.
    Boy that'd sure be nice, wouldn't it? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Proffitt View Post
    As far as bricking expensive devices, I intentionally brick my S3 on a daily basis just to learn more about it
    LOL, I would do the same thing if I had a spare. The phone I'm messing with IS my main source of communication AND I'm a Software Engineer and SAP Business Analyst by trade so I need to be available on my phone 24/7. If I brick it and something goes wrong at work, it could be big trouble... and so, I don't take many chances with my Merc, as much as I would LOVE to have ICS on it. *cry*

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

I have no spare either

I just keep backups and spare roms handy on my sd card

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    Apr 2007
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Oh nice... I'm actually thinking of doing that with my old Optimus C, but each phone is almost like relearning how to flash all over again it seems. I'm kind of noobish when it comes to this. Ironically I've had a decent amount of experience in Linux and actually studied electrical engineering for a couple years not too long ago. Still working with hardware where bricking my phone is a very real possibility makes me a bit uneasy.

Heck, breaking my PC over and over again was exactly how I became so proficient with computers. The main difference though is you can't brick a computer. Worst case, you have to format and re-install everything. :P

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by phunky View Post
    Heck, breaking my PC over and over again was exactly how I became so proficient with computers. The main difference though is you can't brick a computer. Worst case, you have to format and re-install everything. :P
    Depends... I'm trying for 4GHz stable on my AMD Phenom II x6 1090t Black Edition (stock 3.2GHz with 3.6GHz Turbo Cores), but don't think I'll get it with my mobo. I did find 3.8 though. Burn up the proc and it's a coffee table

Tapatalk'd from my 1.4GHz CM10 Thrive 10.1

Customer Since
    Oct 2011

Clueless

Question 1... Is fastroot and custom recovery the same thing
    Question 2..If not, which one do I install first.
    I have all files unzipped but the recovery.img does not allow me to unzip it.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information