Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Apr 2007
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

A1: NO, they are not the same.
    A2: FastRoot gives you Root access. You need the custom recovery in order to have the ability to install FastRoot, therefore, you must have the custom recovery on your phone first. Please follow the directions in Oriax's thread here VERY carefully. Note the prerequisite he mentions of using the custom recovery by Salas BEFORE doing anything with FastRoot. This is how I did mine, and I'm a complete noob too.

**Please ask questions in that thread if you have them. Do not take unnecessary risks with your phone.
    Last edited by phunky; 05-12-2013 at 11:53 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Customer Since
    Oct 2011

Quote Originally Posted by phunky View Post
    A1: NO, they are not the same.
    A2: FastRoot gives you Root access. You need the custom recovery in order to have the ability to install FastRoot, therefore, you must have the custom recovery on your phone first. Please follow the directions in Oriax's thread here VERY carefully. Note the prerequisite he mentions of using the custom recovery by Salas BEFORE doing anything with FastRoot. This is how I did mine, and I'm a complete noob too.

**Please ask questions in that thread if you have them. Do not take unnecessary risks with your phone.
    Thank you .... I installed everything as described in the posts...I was so hesitant to do it because of what the other users were saying. About the problems that thy were having, glitches and so on..needless to say, I am also a noob, but I was able to install ics with no problems at all...Well only one,3g did not kick in right away...Took about 20 minutes,but shortly after kicked in with no problems at all. I have ics installed and it is running flawlessly..EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECTLY...EVERYTHING..Now, my only question is,I don't see where I am able to choose where to select for my downloads as far as sd cards is concerned or phone memory..Also,can I delete the dload file that is on my card now that ics is on there,or is that going to cause any problems if I delete???? Thanks again !!!

Customer Since
    Apr 2007
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by visualmind View Post
    ...I have ics installed and it is running flawlessly..EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECTLY...EVERYTHING..Now, my only question is,I don't see where I am able to choose where to select for my downloads as far as sd cards is concerned or phone memory..Also,can I delete the dload file that is on my card now that ics is on there,or is that going to cause any problems if I delete???? Thanks again !!!
    Oh nice, you actually installed ICS eh? Which thread did you get yours from? I've actually only installed the custom recovery and rooted my phone. Haven't done anything else yet for the same reasons you just mentioned. I've heard ICS was problematic on the Merc, but I would LOVE to flash it, especially if it's truly as fast as everyone says. I'm SO SICK of my phone being so sluggish.

Let me know where you got your ICS from and if you get the dload or any other issues figured out. Cheers!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Does the ICS version actually work? I've rooted my phone, so far ok...I'd like to upgrade the merc to ICS.

Overall activity: 14.0%

I accidentally dropped my HTC Desire C in the toilet the day before yesterday, so it was time at last to get my possibly dead Mercury reactivated (I had dropped it several times in the time I owned it and for a while it was having trouble staying on, but seems fine now)! Yesterday I took it in and was surprised that having rooted it had no effect on them activating it, yay!

Then I promptly got frustrated with GB after having been on ICS on the Desire C for a while, so went ahead and installed the ICS update. I must say it was the most painless mod I've ever done on a phone (even easier than rooting GB). The only issue I ran into was, like other people, 3G took a while to kick in (almost had a few little heart attacks when I thought I'd bricked it but it was fine after it finished going through everything). Rooting ICS was also painless, and today I installed Rom Toolbox and got rid of bloatware, then AdAway.

I must say I LOVE this phone. I liked it before but with ICS it's a pleasure to use and play with every time I touch it. Granted I've never owned a high end phone, but it sure beats every low end phone and even its own GB self from before. All menus are quick and slick and responsive. All features work flawlessly. There's a few UI weirdnesses, like the in-call screen everything seems stretched and oddly assembled, but fully functional.

At the moment I have only one question. Is there a way to remove the Muve Music boot animation altogether? I tried changing it to a different animation using Rom Toolbox but nothing happened (I think people mentioned similar issues earlier in this thread but there are too many pages for me to hunt it down now). Ideally I'd like it to display a text based Linux boot screen similar to booting various Linux distros on PC.

Much thanks to everyone who made this unofficial upgrade possible!

Customer Since
    Oct 2011

Quote Originally Posted by phunky View Post
    Oh nice, you actually installed ICS eh? Which thread did you get yours from? I've actually only installed the custom recovery and rooted my phone. Haven't done anything else yet for the same reasons you just mentioned. I've heard ICS was problematic on the Merc, but I would LOVE to flash it, especially if it's truly as fast as everyone says. I'm SO SICK of my phone being so sluggish.

Let me know where you got your ICS from and if you get the dload or any other issues figured out. Cheers!
    i've downloaded everything from this site..

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

yes it works..

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury Ice

is there a custom recovery for this ics update?

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Just curious. Is there source for this update?

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Proffitt View Post
    Just curious. Is there source for this update?

Nope

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Oh was going to say. I could get a working cwm touch for them if there was ics kernel source

My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Proffitt View Post
    Oh was going to say. I could get a working cwm touch for them if there was ics kernel source

Should work on GB if you want to make them happy Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Someone on ics tell me your kernel version

Overall activity: 39.0%
    Customer Since
    01/2013

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

3.0.8-perf-00140 g7518d5a

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Cool. Sounds like this is the same source as the U8860 so the touch driver should work. This phone has a locked bootloader correct?

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information