Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: 3G question

Overall activity: 0%

3G question

OK so I've got to first say I am a huge fan of the mercury. Its a snappy device that fulfills all my needs from a smartphone. That being said my Cricket 3G speeds are in the gutter. The highest I've ever seen using speed test is about 110 kB/sec. That's rare. I normally get half that. I usually only have 1 or 2 bars and I drop to 1x or roaming ever now and again. I've tried *228 and had no results. Now I really could care less of this but any time I use 3G it MURDERS my battery. I'm talking 10-15% drop with 4-5 minutes of data usage. Luckily I have wifi at my house. I live in pine bluff, AR and I can't really compare or look up anything online as there are zero enthusiasts here or anyone who would even know what I'm talking about for that matter. So I guess I reach out to you guys to share your opinions. Do you think my device could be defective? Or do you think I'm simply the victim of a poor coverage area LOL. Thanks for listening.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

That is a very tough one.
    what i would do is (if possible) Take your phone to a area where you have full bars maybe a few blocks from your house .Downtown and play with the phone Do a few test. see if it still drops. If you cant find such a area. go into a Cricket corp store. and compare your phone to a mercury that a sales person there might have. Or ask them about coverage in your area.
    it could be a defective radio coverage area or who knows for sure. Sounds like the radio is jumping on and off.
    the stupid power saver mode what ever they call is WILL ALSO DO THIS.. MAKE SURE YOU TURN THAT OFF .IT CAUSES 3G to go in and out and radio to use less power.
    If you have not rooted the phone or replaces the stock recovery .. try doing a FACTOR RESET . THEN DO THE *228. IT WILL LIKELY NOT HELP BUT SURELY WILL NOT HURT. if you call there support or in a store they will try it or suggest you do..
    Sorry im not more help but that is very tough not being in that same area.
    Good Luck

Overall activity: 0%

Thanks for the info Erica. I was driving home tonight and repeatedly did speed tests. Every test my speed was either 115-135 kB/s or 60-70 kB/s. I'm thinking maybe there is something wrong with my radio. This was during midnight hours and I had full signal on every test. I still haven't gone to my local cricket yet though.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Thread Information