Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

Updated to ics? You can get into pink screen by first going into settings and TURN OFF fastboot, then turning off the phone. Hold volume up AND down + power. Really simple and already posted earlier.

BUT there is NO cwm for ics version yet.

Sent from my Paranoid3D with tapatalk2
    Last edited by Rites; 09-05-2012 at 06:37 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo5k View Post
    OKay.. I know we are all busy in here.. but im reading thru and this urks my nerve.!! NO PINK SCREEN.
    You need pink screen to replace recovery wit the CWM , am i right? So without it, no CWM.
    Also No CWM, no backup n Restore, and all this other nice tools.
    Next, if that wont work, what about installing ICS on there? Has anyone tried? Is it running any better? Would it even install?

And about those wanting to buy the GS3, MEH!! I love the gs3, but with no 4g from cricket, its worthless.!! Its like having a regular mercury with ICS on it. IJS, you paying for a 4G fone without 4G service. Thats liek buying a corvette to just make beer runs to the store
    Ok, true. Can't remark. I am still gonna wait until PlayfulGod comes up with something.....lest we forget the "test dog" i sent him....he's only had it for a little over a week...relax people. We should know soon what's capable on our Mercs.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    SamsungGS3/Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo5k View Post
    OKay.. I know we are all busy in here.. but im reading thru and this urks my nerve.!! NO PINK SCREEN.
    You need pink screen to replace recovery wit the CWM , am i right? So without it, no CWM.
    Also No CWM, no backup n Restore, and all this other nice tools.
    Next, if that wont work, what about installing ICS on there? Has anyone tried? Is it running any better? Would it even install?

And about those wanting to buy the GS3, MEH!! I love the gs3, but with no 4g from cricket, its worthless.!! Its like having a regular mercury with ICS on it. IJS, you paying for a 4G fone without 4G service. Thats liek buying a corvette to just make beer runs to the store
    Well, to be fair it has a much bigger screen and much better processor, not to mention the camera, but for what they'll have to charge for the S3, i'm in no hurry to retire my Mercury. Besides, I like the 4 inch screen form factor. Can't even feel it in my pocket. The S3 is huge. Not saying I wouldn't get one eventually, but I won't be camping out in front of my Cricket store. I'd probably get robbed camping out in that neighborhood anyway LOL.
    Last edited by Gmash; 09-06-2012 at 03:48 AM.

Overall activity: 23.0%

Customer Since
    July 2010

I work for a big company and see a lot of different phones being used by people. So far, I know 2 people who have broken their gs3 screens... one of them the first day he got it. Looking around on the web will show you just how fragile the screens on those big ass phones are. I keep my phone in my front pocket wherever I go, the dudes I know with Galaxy S3's leave their phones at their desks.

Overall activity: 3.0%

I got a solution to my problem and Oriax123 asked me to post this here.

Oriax123 Says: "Hey guys sorry if you kept getting the (Enter Password) page, Reason it says that is bcz it thinks its infected when its not. To fix this you can now use my account. Email: oriax1578 at gmail.com Password:123456789 , I transfered all my files to another hosting site so this one well be just for you guys. Gotta Go now."
    This is to be able to download the file in the following link.

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123 View Post
    Here is the original stock 2.3.6 nandroid backup off of the mercury i got when i first made the roms. With this it should go back to the original state of when you bought it and just replace the recovery after installing and booting up.

Heres the link:
    4shared, Online file sharing and storage

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Also if you get a mismatch error try editing the "nandroid.md5" file with a text editor and delete the last line.
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Picked up my replacement Mercury today, it's a black phone and the only difference is the new one has a DTS & Muve music logo on the back cover which my old phone didn't have, I only brought them the phone itself but they still gave me the new one in a retail box with ac charger / usb cable / new battery etc.

The firmware was outdated on it (from March) and unfortunately the wifi / mms issue still exists even after updating to the latest, Older firmware and custom roms such as Revokster don't have the mms issue so I doubt it's a hardware problem.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Mathesar View Post
    Picked up my replacement Mercury today, it's a black phone and the only difference is the new one has a DTS & Muve music logo on the back cover which my old phone didn't have, I only brought them the phone itself but they still gave me the new one in a retail box with ac charger / usb cable / new battery etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathesar View Post
    The firmware was outdated on it (from March) and unfortunately the wifi / mms issue still exists even after updating to the latest, Older firmware and custom roms such as Revokster don't have the mms issue so I doubt it's a hardware problem.
    It could be that the Muve update was what broke that. Phones that had hardware defects (?) could have been different. I'm surprised though that they'd give you a phone without the latest updates already installed, or even direct you to update it right then before you left!

When did you buy your phone? I have the one sold in December and after reading many posts it seems the Jan/Feb ones were defective.
    Last edited by NeoZiggy; 09-06-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZiggy View Post
    [FONT=Verdana]

It could be that the Muve update was what broke that. Phones that had hardware defects (?) could have been different. I'm surprised though that they'd give you a phone without the latest updates already installed, or even direct you to update it right then before you left!

When did you buy your phone? I have the one sold in December and after reading many posts it seems the Jan/Feb ones were defective.
    My old Mercury was from December as well and I never had any issues with it other than the current wifi /mms firmware issue.

Back cover on replacement mercury:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_9609.jpg  

Overall activity: 12.0%

Soooo you got the replacement with the same issue? Lol wow

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Quote Originally Posted by Gxrxd View Post
    Soooo you got the replacement with the same issue? Lol wow

Yea but I don't think its the phones fault since earlier firmware doesn't have the issue.

I asked 3 different people at the corp store (including the manager on duty) why they were offering these free replacements and no one really knows lol.
    Last edited by Mathesar; 09-06-2012 at 07:54 PM.

This is just to weird... There must be something very serious with these phones.. They are keeping to hush hush about this... i just hope it's nothing that can effect our health or well being... In growing heavily suspicious about this.. thought about just getting rid of mine..

Customer Since
    Jan 2001
    Phone
    MB886 & M886

Talked to cricket Representative. He was quiet about what problem is with them. Though he said something about qualcom chip and he stopped talking about It.

They aren't going an actual recall on the phone cause then they would have to give a reason why... They don't want anyone to know the truth. Fishy

Phone
    SamsungGS3/Mercury

Just wear a tin foil hat while talking on the phone and you'll be fine.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information