Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Lmao.. Ikr

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 3.0%

conclusion

When i went to the store to exchange they almost wouldn't exchange it because I had done a factory reset and they wanted to see the text saying my phone was eligible for exchange. This was because there were 2 mercs on the account and they said the computer said only 1 was eligible even tho both had gotten the texts (many) times. Luckily they eventually exchanged it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123 View Post
    Also if you get a mismatch error try editing the "nandroid.md5" file with a text editor and delete the last line.
    I actually got the error and tried doing that and was unsucessful. I ended up having another restore available and used that (must have done something wrong a week ago when I checked and it said nothing was available.... doh...??) Used your fastunroot since my backup was after I rooted it using the linux method and it worked fine even though I didn't use fastroot to root it. (not that they bothered to check for root when I turned it in anyways. ) (*Actually I had used fastroot to root it the second time with your rom if that mattered for fastunroot working with the backup ((im over thinking this as it no longer matters ))

Got a new phone with a nice shiny new screen. Neither of the old phones had any serious problems but when they called they said it was really important to exchange them because they could just die suddenly at any time. Also of note, didn't notice till it was too late but the new phones ended up with the old back covers. Oops.
    Last edited by Chronicbs; 09-07-2012 at 09:39 AM.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicbs View Post
    When i went to the store to exchange they almost wouldn't exchange it because I had done a factory reset and they wanted to see the text saying my phone was eligible for exchange. This was because there were 2 mercs on the account and they said the computer said only 1 was eligible even tho both had gotten the texts (many) times. Luckily they eventually exchanged it anyways.

I actually got the error and tried doing that and was unsucessful. I ended up having another restore available and used that (must have done something wrong a week ago when I checked and it said nothing was available.... doh...??) Used your fastunroot since my backup was after I rooted it using the linux method and it worked fine even though I didn't use fastroot to root it. (not that they bothered to check for root when I turned it in anyways. ) (*Actually I had used fastroot to root it the second time with your rom if that mattered for fastunroot working with the backup ((im over thinking this as it no longer matters ))

Got a new phone with a nice shiny new screen. Neither of the old phones had any serious problems but when they called they said it was really important to exchange them because they could just die suddenly at any time. Also of note, didn't notice till it was too late but the new phones ended up with the old back covers. Oops.

Have u tried installing the ICS ROM on it yet?? Where u successfull to get to pink screen. Hows the speaker ? thnx :-)

Overall activity: 7.0%
    Phone
    zte score

I got the text today saying I could get a new merc but I'm in ics, will that matter when I go to the cricket store?

Overall activity: 0%

Yes. Go back to gb then factory restore. Good as new

Overall activity: 7.0%
    Phone
    zte score

What if they want to see the text, I seen a post earlier saying the store wanted to see the text

Overall activity: 92.0%
    Phone
    Mercury M886

Quote Originally Posted by jawaan View Post
    What if they want to see the text, I seen a post earlier saying the store wanted to see the text

Forward it to your email or something. Take a picture of it with a different phone lol

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

After installing ics today I got the text. Odd since I have the first one that came out in December...
    I'm guessing it's because ics has muve n that's what screwed half the phones anyway.
    Then again I did have to text bpay to get data on so my update would go smooth.... maybe that's why I finally got the text.
    Who knows, I'm keeping this phone. I don't want to get stuck with one that might break since I'm sure this one is fine.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Quote Originally Posted by jawaan View Post

They asked me to show them the text when I got there but I had just did a factory reset on my phone before going in, they didn't make a big deal out of it and said they can just check my account in the computer to see if phone was eligible.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

I really really really want to know why they want our phones back! Huawei has been accused of spying for China... Wikipedia them. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Check your new phones for CallerIQ and see if it was removed!
    Voodoo Carrier IQ detector:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...detector&hl=en

Haha I was thinking last night "its a ChiCom conspiracy! "

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZiggy View Post
    I really really really want to know why they want our phones back! Huawei has been accused of spying for China... Wikipedia them. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Check your new phones for CallerIQ and see if it was removed!
    Voodoo Carrier IQ detector:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...detector&hl=en

Interesting, my replacement is showing No carrier IQ detected and I know my old Mercury DID show Carrier IQ as being detected with the same app, Im currently running the replacement bone stock / latest firmware / no root (yet).

Maybe that explains why my battery is lasting longer with the replacement.

EDIT: Worth noting my older mercury did NOT have the absolute latest firmware so it's possible they removed it from all phones with the July firmware update?

Last edited by Mathesar; 09-08-2012 at 02:41 PM.

Phone
    huawei mercury roo

which phone ?

Which phone did you get another black one or the white one

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Mathesar View Post
    Interesting, my replacement is showing No carrier IQ detected and I know my old Mercury DID show Carrier IQ as being detected with the same app, Im currently running the replacement bone stock / latest firmware / no root (yet).

Maybe that explains why my battery is lasting longer with the replacement.

EDIT: Worth noting my older mercury did NOT have the absolute latest firmware so it's possible they removed it from all phones with the July firmware update?
    Thank you! ICS doesn't have it either.... perhaps we are getting closer to the truth.

Phone
    huawei mercury

I got the text I called and I got thru! I'm supose to take my merc in on Wednesday and trade for a new one with updated software! I feel weird like somthin fishy is goin on should I go? I haven't had no probs with my rooted merc! Its a killer.phone

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information