Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 278
  1. #196
    Member
    Points: 2,656, Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0%
    NeoZiggy's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Customer Since
    2010
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    142
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury



    Quote Originally Posted by knikkie510 View Post
    I got the text I called and I got thru! I'm supose to take my merc in on Wednesday and trade for a new one with updated software! I feel weird like somthin fishy is goin on should I go? I haven't had no probs with my rooted merc! Its a killer.phone
    If you bought your phone after December and/or have Muve Music I would highly suggest it.

    Be sure to unroot first. Instructions are on the forum. It's the 2nd sticky topic.

  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #197
    Junior Member
    Points: 215, Level: 4
    Overall activity: 1.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Dayton. OH
    Posts
    2



    I can verify that having ICS on the phone has nothing to do with rather or not you receive the text. I had put ICS on both my wife's and my Mercury, and then received the text message on both our phones the next day.

  4. #198
    Member
    Points: 2,656, Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0%
    NeoZiggy's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Customer Since
    2010
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    142
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury



    Quote Originally Posted by pcxperp View Post
    I can verify that having ICS on the phone has nothing to do with rather or not you receive the text. I had put ICS on both my wife's and my Mercury, and then received the text message on both our phones the next day.
    What you said makes no sense. If you put ICS on then received the text the next day, how can you say ICS didn't cause it?

    Secondly, I don't know who said ICS causes the text. I believe it's because of Muve Music on certain phones.

    I never had Muve on my phone because I bought it in December before it was Muve Music phone. Once I put on ICS, that has Muve, I got the text. However my phone was not in service until I texted a Bridge Pay request before upgrading so I can't even be sure it's Muve Music, but that's the logical assumption.

  5. #199
    Junior Member
    Points: 215, Level: 4
    Overall activity: 1.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Dayton. OH
    Posts
    2



    Sorry if you found my post confusing. I was referring to the several post I read on this thread where people where speculating that the text was not being received on phones that had been flashed to ICS.

  6. #200
    Member
    Points: 10,091, Level: 67
    Overall activity: 0%
    Mathesar's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 23
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Customer Since
    2006
    Location
    Fresno, CA.
    Posts
    221
    Phone
    Moto G



    Quote Originally Posted by markworksfx View Post
    Which phone did you get another black one or the white one
    Another black one, my original was from December and looks like the new one is from March judging from sticker on the battery, only difference the new one has a DTS & Muve Music logo on the back cover, Old one just had the Huawei logo.

  7. #201
    Member
    Points: 2,656, Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0%
    NeoZiggy's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Customer Since
    2010
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    142
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury



    I stand by my believe that it's caused by Muve Music or CallerIQ on certain phones. If CallerIQ is not on the replaced phones and not on ICS then I have a pretty good hunch.

    Maybe one of the OTA updates was to remove the CallerIQ spyware but some phones didn't get the update or it didn't work and that is why they want to replace the phones with CallerIQ. This is just speculation!

  8. #202
    Banned
    Points: 2,650, Level: 31
    Overall activity: 1.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 31
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    na
    Posts
    529



    The reason for this phone replacement is due to a voltage control circuit on the battery charging. On some Huawei phones. they would over heat the battery if left on the charger for over a few hours. This would cause a totally phone failure or video/ battery and charging issues .. This was told to me by the Person at Cricket i talked to back two months ago when my Phone just went Black. He said there have been reports of this by several users and as he said a KNOWN issue.. NO CALLER IQ or health issue conspiricy just a faulty chip.. If you could dig your way thru the crap in this forum you will see yourself the number of people with phones that just STOPPED Working. while on and charging..my battery was so swollen it had the back of the phone pushed out....

    The phone i have now Works absolutely perfect it does not get hot . the battery last for days call quality is as good as many higher end phones... i HAVE THE Leaked ics on it.. and i still have the mms bug... GRRRRR

    Just my opinion made from this forum and conversation with a Cricket CORP Store manager... TAKE IT as you wish.I could be off base as well as some of the others.. but it seems very likely

  9. #203
    Member
    Points: 2,656, Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0%
    NeoZiggy's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Customer Since
    2010
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    142
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury



    Quote Originally Posted by ericarenee View Post
    The reason for this phone replacement is due to a voltage control circuit on the battery charging. On some Huawei phones. they would over heat the battery if left on the charger for over a few hours. This would cause a totally phone failure or video/ battery and charging issues .. This was told to me by the Person at Cricket i talked to back two months ago when my Phone just went Black. He said there have been reports of this by several users and as he said a KNOWN issue.. NO CALLER IQ or health issue conspiricy just a faulty chip.. If you could dig your way thru the crap in this forum you will see yourself the number of people with phones that just STOPPED Working. while on and charging..my battery was so swollen it had the back of the phone pushed out....

    The phone i have now Works absolutely perfect it does not get hot . the battery last for days call quality is as good as many higher end phones... i HAVE THE Leaked ics on it.. and i still have the mms bug... GRRRRR

    Just my opinion made from this forum and conversation with a Cricket CORP Store manager... TAKE IT as you wish.I could be off base as well as some of the others.. but it seems very likely
    What about the memory error that left certain phones going back to a saved state at reboot? Many people posted about how thy had trouble with widgets and such. Also this was a problem with the Honor in Germany. Hardware issue I believe.

  10. #204
    Banned
    Points: 2,650, Level: 31
    Overall activity: 1.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 31
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    na
    Posts
    529



    Yes that can also be related to the heat issue.. Many of the people with the save troubles happened before the phones started to just die.. Without a doubt they fixed the problem back in like middle of june when they stopped selling the phone . Said it was sold out.. I Got my phone replaced right after that. AS Stated above.. but That does not mean they stopped selling the bad phones. I think many of the non cricket corp stores kept selling until there stock was gone.. most likely some of the corp stores as well.. Since it looks like this is done and over with . We will likely never know for sure .

    Just be glad they did do the right thing finally.. My only thing is how many warranty PAID REPAIRS WHERE THERE... that should be getting there money back.. I know if i had to pay for a warranty replacement and then read about this recall i would be SCREAMING DEMANDING MY MONEY BACK.. MAYBE WOULD BE SOMETHING WORTHY OF A Thread to let people know..

  11. #205
    Junior Member
    Points: 587, Level: 11
    Overall activity: 3.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Central Cali
    Posts
    23



    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo5k View Post
    Have u tried installing the ICS ROM on it yet?? Where u successfull to get to pink screen. Hows the speaker ? thnx :-)
    No, I heard its sluggish and I rather like oriax123's revokster rom.

    To get into pink screen its the same as before. Just turn it on from completely off while holding up and down on the volume control.

    Speaker seems to be the same. I wore out the headphone jack on my old one though (would very easily give me static and lose connection) and was very happy to get a nice new tight one.

  12. #206
    Member
    Points: 510, Level: 10
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    fresno
    Posts
    56



    I hope I get a txt thenm my phone gets super hot and my battery is a little swollen. Had it since march and it wasn't muve but it WAS 2.3.6

  13. #207
    Junior Member
    Points: 587, Level: 11
    Overall activity: 3.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Central Cali
    Posts
    23



    Quote Originally Posted by decepticonvisuals View Post
    I hope I get a txt thenm my phone gets super hot and my battery is a little swollen. Had it since march and it wasn't muve but it WAS 2.3.6
    You don't get a new battery, just a new phone.

    *or at least I didn't

  14. #208
    Member
    Points: 510, Level: 10
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    fresno
    Posts
    56



    One would assume the phone comes with a battery. It did when I bought it. If I meed to I can get a batt for like 5$ on ebay

  15. #209
    Member
    Points: 2,656, Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0%
    NeoZiggy's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Customer Since
    2010
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    142
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury



    Quote Originally Posted by decepticonvisuals View Post
    I hope I get a txt thenm my phone gets super hot and my battery is a little swollen. Had it since march and it wasn't muve but it WAS 2.3.6
    I would call Cricket and tell them that your battery is swelling and you KNOW that they are replacing customer's phones with this issue. You might have to go to the local headquarters by you (ask on the phone where that is) and demand it be fixed. Do not take No for an answer and let them give you the run around. This IS a manufacturing flaw and IS hazardous.
    Last edited by NeoZiggy; 09-08-2012 at 07:47 PM.

  16. #210
    Member
    Points: 1,449, Level: 21
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 11
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    67
    Phone
    SamsungGS3/Mercury



    Quote Originally Posted by NeoZiggy View Post
    What you said makes no sense. If you put ICS on then received the text the next day, how can you say ICS didn't cause it?

    Secondly, I don't know who said ICS causes the text. I believe it's because of Muve Music on certain phones.

    I never had Muve on my phone because I bought it in December before it was Muve Music phone. Once I put on ICS, that has Muve, I got the text. However my phone was not in service until I texted a Bridge Pay request before upgrading so I can't even be sure it's Muve Music, but that's the logical assumption.
    I bought mine in December as well, didn't do any updates, (so no Muve), and I have still received repeated texts and calls from Cricket about this. Maybe they are doing this project in stages.

 

 
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner