Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    huawei mercury

I have super user n I deleted all those stupid stock apps whn I restore super user is still visible

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

The one improvement I'm noticing with the replacement phone so far (now that Ive had it for a week) is that the stock web browser opens way faster than it did on my old mercury.

I had a habit of clearing the browser Cache every few days which would speed up the load time but it would always get stuck on a white screen for 4 - 5 seconds when loading (after clearing cache) and up to 15 seconds to load after a few days of not clearing cache, it didn't matter if Wifi was on or not.

If the browser would happen to stay in memory then it opened fast but im referring to when its not in memory before loading it.

I haven't had to clear the cache once yet with my replacement and the browser still opens much quicker than it ever did (1 second tops) I had the homepage set on google.com on the old and new phone. Not sure what might of caused that discrepancy, everything else seems the same so far between both phones.

Phone
    huawei mercury

The link is asking for a password! How can I return my merc to original state!? Plz help my I have to swap tomorrow plz plz

Overall activity: 99.4%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

When doing a factory reset, don't forget to call*228 as well.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

Quote Originally Posted by knikkie510 View Post
    The link is asking for a password! How can I return my merc to original state!? Plz help my I have to swap tomorrow plz plz
    The posts with the links have the password

Sent from my Paranoid3D with tapatalk2

Phone
    huawei mercury

Can anyone confirm that they check for ROOT? I'm unable to unroot and I'm going to factory reset and hope it works! I'm taking the merc in tomorrow if there's any other ways to restore straight from the phone or ways to hide ROOT. I deleted some stock apps so I dunno I jus want a new merc!

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by short6in View Post
    I don't think there is a way to know if it is rooted unless you have downloaded a rooted app like superuser, different file manager, or removed any bloatware. Just to be safe, I would do a restore or privacy wipe/reset to get restore the phone back to factory then return it.

One of the developers here might be able to chime in on evidence of rooting....
    Thank you seems to be my only option! But the superuser is going to be there

Overall activity: 18.0%
    Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Phone
    sg3

got the text too?

What do they actually check for? My phone is rooted with oriaxs rom and I opened my phone up to get metal shavings out a couple times. Can someone who traded their merc in elaborate?
    Last edited by sonasam300; 09-12-2012 at 11:24 PM.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Quote Originally Posted by sonasam300 View Post
    What do they actually check for? My phone is rooted with oriaxs rom and I opened my phone up to get metal shavings out a couple times. Can someone who traded their merc in elaborate?
    It might not be the same everywhere but the person that took my old phone just made sure it worked briefly by swiping through a few screens, then asked if I had any contacts I wanted transferred and I said no thanks because the phone had just been factory reset, she then removed back cover, pulled the battery and checked it for a couple seconds and that was it.

After that it took them about 15 minutes to get the new phone programed / entered in the system.
    Last edited by Mathesar; 09-12-2012 at 11:48 PM.

Overall activity: 18.0%
    Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Phone
    sg3

Quote Originally Posted by Mathesar View Post
    It might not be the same everywhere but the person that took my old phone just made sure it worked briefly by swiping through a few screens, then asked if I had any contacts I wanted transferred and I said no thanks because the phone had just been factory reset, she then removed back cover, pulled the battery and checked it for a couple seconds and that was it.

After that it took them about 15 minutes to get the new phone programed / entered in the system.
    did you get yr replacement phone from Cricket Blackstone? I'm from madera and that's where they r sending me.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

did you get yr replacement phone from Cricket Blackstone? I'm from madera and that's where they r sending me.
    Ya they sent me to the corporate store on 6460 N Blackstone, I went in before noon on a weekday and it wasn't very busy but the last time I was there on a weekend it was pretty bad.
    Last edited by Mathesar; 09-13-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Overall activity: 59.0%

Quote Originally Posted by knikkie510 View Post
    Can anyone confirm that they check for ROOT? I'm unable to unroot and I'm going to factory reset and hope it works! I'm taking the merc in tomorrow if there's any other ways to restore straight from the phone or ways to hide ROOT. I deleted some stock apps so I dunno I jus want a new merc!

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Thank you seems to be my only option! But the superuser is going to be there
    I downloaded a app where it hides the apps that you don't want seen. I turned mine in. They had no clue it was rooted.

Phone
    Mercury M886

I got the text on Sept 7..and a phone call today regarding a "Software Issue" that may create an disfunction ( software...yeah right) in the future...so I checked here and it seems legit! I called and got through on the first ring ...phone has been recalled and I got 72 hours to go to my favorite dealer....COOL! 9 months usage and a replacement!!! I can live with that

Phone
    SamsungGS3/Mercury

Would anyone really turn their phone in without doing a full factory reset? That's crazy.

Phone
    huawei mercury roo

I got my new merc today I turned mine in fully rooted and running ics I did the factory reset in the store you don't have to tell them its rooted most of the clerks don't know the different between the different versions of android anyway

Overall activity: 59.0%

Quote Originally Posted by markworksfx View Post
    I got my new merc today I turned mine in fully rooted and running ics I did the factory reset in the store you don't have to tell them its rooted most of the clerks don't know the different between the different versions of android anyway
    I have to agree a lot of the time they don't check.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
    Would anyone really turn their phone in without doing a full factory reset? That's crazy.
    Why is it crazy?

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information