Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Phone
    zte score

Do they check to see the text or is it in the computer?

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
    Would anyone really turn their phone in without doing a full factory reset? That's crazy.
    Even after a factory reset it will still be the same version of the rom you had, and will still be rooted.

But I turned mine in still rooted and stuff and they just took it without looking at it at all. It still had 2.3.6-oriax as the version name. I don't believe it matters what condition it is in, they are just instructed to replace them.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Quote Originally Posted by jawaan View Post
    Do they check to see the text or is it in the computer?

They asked me to show them the text but I didnt have it (factory reset) they were able to confirm in the computer tho.

Phone
    zte score

Quote Originally Posted by Mathesar View Post
    They asked me to show them the text but I didnt have it (factory reset) they were able to confirm in the computer tho.
    Did you tell them you did a factory reset?

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Did you tell them you did a factory reset?

Yea they didn't seem to care.

Customer Since
    Jan 2001
    Phone
    MB886 & M886

Smile

Got my NEW replacement phone today via FedEx, Installed ICS ROM. 0 lag, runs stupid fast and very responsive. Turning screen on into lock, no delay there at all. I knew something was wrong with my other Mercury, (100% bricked). I kept telling customer service and cricket reps at the store it has problems, they kept on telling me it was me and not the phone. Do a factory reset, pull the battery and too many apps installed. I have same amount of apps installed now, and runs like fresh installed ROM. Also installed ICS V6 SuperCharger and now runs even faster, everything is instantaneous versus my other bricked Mercury. Cricket customer is dumb and seem not to care about their customers till there's a serious problem with a device. Now all I have to do is to wait till my new extended 3900 mAh battery arrives from Canada.

I'm very happy with my NEW phone again.

Phone
    zte score

How you get yours through fed ex I have to drive 30 minutes out the way to get mine

Customer Since
    Jan 2001
    Phone
    MB886 & M886

How you get yours through fed ex I have to drive 30 minutes out the way to get mine

Warranty trough esecuritel I think, "Only?" cricket stores use them. So they gave me their contact number for them, because their system supposed to be down or something? I didn't have the time to wait for an hour at the store for them to fill the warranty with their system crashing. I don't think that what happened. I think they wanted my credit card number so that they can charge me if they find my problem with tweaking. I've returned everything back to stock before it didn't boot up anymore. i only told salas via PM what I have done and what I have discovered about this phone's drive system.

I'm kinda liking this replacement phone - 32 hours on battery so far with data or wifi on the whole time and 7.5 hours of screen on and my battery is still at 40%. Much better than my original Merc.

Overall activity: 99.4%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by jbrt View Post
    I'm kinda liking this replacement phone - 32 hours on battery so far with data or wifi on the whole time and 7.5 hours of screen on and my battery is still at 40%. Much better than my original Merc.

That's how my Merc is.....it is my original Merc, no replacement. I guesses Colorado got lucky. I got mine in June, i believe.

The only thing that made me mad was that my first one had no problems at all but this one had the wifi/mms issue.I just replaced the mms.apk with the one from my original and problem solved.
    BTW has anyone else who got a replacement noticed that their protective case doesn't fit tight anymore like the phone is smaller?
    Last edited by jbrt; 09-16-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

The only thing that made me mad was that my first one had no problems at all but this one had the wifi/mms issue.I just replaced the mms.apk with the one from my original and problem solved.
    BTW has anyone else who got a replacement noticed that their protective case doesn't fit tight anymore like the phone is smaller?
    I didn't know it was possible to fix the wifi/mms issue on our own (other than flashing older firmware which works) can you upload your working mms.apk?

I didn't know it was possible to fix the wifi/mms issue on our own (other than flashing older firmware which works) can you upload your working mms.apk?
    It's already in this thread

http://www.cricketusers.com/f55/anyone-got-working-gingerbread-mms-apk-33455-post79308/

The one on my replacement was 1.5 MB and the original was 3Mb. ymmv but the difference was like night and day for me - no mms with wifi before and it works every time after.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

It's already in this thread

Anyone got working Gingerbread mms apk?

The one on my replacement was 1.5 MB and the original was 3Mb. ymmv but the difference was like night and day for me - no mms with wifi before and it works every time after.

Well thats my luck I installed it just now but still can't send MMS with wifi enabled.

There's not any special way to install the apk right? I emailed it to myself and installed it from the gmail app (it has an Install button instead of Download when it see's an .apk)

It gave me a warning about being a system app etc. and said it was installed after I clicked Ok.

Well thats my luck I installed it just now but still can't send MMS with wifi enabled.

There's not any special way to install the apk right? I emailed it to myself and installed it from the gmail app (it has an Install button instead of Download when it see's an .apk)

It gave me a warning about being a system app etc. and said it was installed after I clicked Ok.
    I renamed the one that was on the phone to mms.apk.bak with ES file exp then used SD maid to clean corpses. Then took my original mms.apk (the one posted) copied it to my data folder, set permissions to rw-r--r--, then used "move to" to put in in system/app then set permissions to rw-r--r-- again. Just make sure the green mms icon is showing next to the apk name instead of some funky looking SD/zip looking icon and make sure the file size is about 3meg so you know it's the new one. Reboot. Worked perfect for me, hopefully it'll fix yours too.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread Information