Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

sigh, wish my mercury would turn on. will not respond at all again. I think my phone is a little over a year old. I described this issue a couple times before.. If I could somehow just get it to turn ON, the battery charges fine.

Wonder what they'll say at the corporate store. (It's the worst place ever, according to what i hear from my customers) :-/

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Quote Originally Posted by jbrt View Post
    I renamed the one that was on the phone to mms.apk.bak with ES file exp then used SD maid to clean corpses. Then took my original mms.apk (the one posted) copied it to my data folder, set permissions to rw-r--r--, then used "move to" to put in in system/app then set permissions to rw-r--r-- again. Just make sure the green mms icon is showing next to the apk name instead of some funky looking SD/zip looking icon and make sure the file size is about 3meg so you know it's the new one. Reboot. Worked perfect for me, hopefully it'll fix yours too.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

I just did it exactly as described and confirmed it is the 3mb mms.apk, reboot phone, but still a no go with Wifi.

Thanks for the info tho I guess there's another reason for the issue. I'm running the latest stock cricket firmware.

My original mercury from December had the same issue but only if I ran current firmware, older firmware or custom ROMS such as Revokster all sent MMS fine with Wifi.
    Last edited by Mathesar; 09-18-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Overall activity: 13.0%
    Customer Since
    Begining
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

I just went to crickets website to order a Merc for my wife, and they are no longer available on the site, anyone know whats up with that? Is it temporary or is cricket done with the Merc already?

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by mkakemon View Post
    I just went to crickets website to order a Merc for my wife, and they are no longer available on the site, anyone know whats up with that? Is it temporary or is cricket done with the Merc already?
    I will respond to this post only because it is only barely in line with this thread....

The Mercury has been recalled by Cricket and Huawei. Cricket has discontinued it for now and has taken all current stock on hand and is using it to replace the defective models. As far as we know, it is gone for good. However, don't be sad, we will have a new version called the ICE shortly and you can look at the currently available HTC One V as a nice alternative.
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by short6in View Post
    I will respond to this post only because it is only barely in line with this thread....

The Mercury has been recalled by Cricket and Huawei. Cricket has discontinued it for now and has taken all current stock on hand and is using it to replace the defective models. As far as we know, it is gone for good. However, don't be sad, we will have a new version called the ICE shortly and you can look at the currently available HTC One V as a nice alternative.
    Not all Mercuy's have been recalled.. Myself and a few friends haven't got the text yet... The HTC is a smaller and slower phone.. The ICE will only come in white as far as I know..

Customer Since
    Begining
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Yea, I'm not impressed with the HTC specs. I'm on my second Merc, and been having trouble lately, cricket made me use and pay for an insurance claim for my first Merc. I just hope I get the txt for a new, fixed, and working Mercury. Thanks for the help, even though this is kinda an unrelated thread.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

well.. i just called to check to see if i was eligible. they told me i wasnt... i wish i was... im tired of being in the middle of a call, thenthey cant hear me. then i go to speKer fone... then they can hear me. this has to be my worst investment yet.
    ****&****
    phone says 99degrees.. and all im doing is on here... :-(

Overall activity: 99.4%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

So many people with so many problems. Makes me almost ashamed to have received three perfectly working Mercs. Hmmmmm.........

Customer Since
    Begining
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

So how exactly does cricket decide who is eligible for a replacement? I think I would be very upset to find out that I'm not eligible, but I'm still having tons of problems.

Phone
    S3

Not sure how they decide. Mine was bought in February. Never had a problem with it. Ran all the customized stock roms on here at one time or another and ended it out running the demo ICS. Got the text a week ago, got the new phone last Friday. Loaded the demo ICS over the weekend and all is well. Can't tell any difference from the phone I turned in.

Overall activity: 1.0%

I got my mercury the first week it came out. 2.3.5
    It's always been buggy. I haven't got the text. Can i still get it replaced?

Also, i can't even get the upgrade to work after changing it back to sock. Seems mine has a different stock than the one posted since it was originally a 2.3.5
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by phazei; 09-19-2012 at 02:46 AM.

Overall activity: 18.0%
    Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Phone
    sg3

Quote Originally Posted by phazei View Post
    I got my mercury the first week it came out. 2.3.5
    It's always been buggy. I haven't got the text. Can i still get it replaced?

Also, i can't even get the upgrade to work after changing it back to sock. Seems mine has a different stock than the one posted since it was originally a 2.3.5
    Any ideas?
    I think you have to get the text message in order to get a replacement sorry.
    The other problem you have I have no idea. But I'm sure someone does.

I just got my replacement today. Had to argue so they would replace the battery as well as the phone. They wouldn't even give me the back to the new phone, and put my old back on the new phone. It really bugged me because I had to go and use my time to wait in line, not to mention backup my old phone and set up the new one. I will post again if I think anything is substantially different with the new one.

Phone
    S3

I have been using my replacement for about 3 weeks now. No different than the old one, but I was one of the lucky ones and hadn't had any, non-self induced, problems. Ha. My original was bought in Feb. with 2.3.5 on it. Upgraded to Oriax Revokster and it was working fine. Ran the 2.3.6 stock backup that was posted and still running fine. Flashed the ICS demo and still no problems. I'm now running ICS on the replacement phone. Rooted and no problems. Miss cwm, but maybe someday. The guy at cricket was very pleasant when I turned my phone in. Checked to make sure it worked, offered to transfer my stuff but I had already factory reset. And he gave me the battery out of the old phone so I would have a spare. All in all, I am pleased.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Quote Originally Posted by tazdev View Post
    I just got my replacement today. Had to argue so they would replace the battery as well as the phone. They wouldn't even give me the back to the new phone, and put my old back on the new phone. It really bugged me because I had to go and use my time to wait in line, not to mention backup my old phone and set up the new one. I will post again if I think anything is substantially different with the new one.
    That's kind of messed up.. the corp store I went gave me a brand new phone & battery in the retail box with accessories (ac charger / usb cable / muve music sdcard).

Replacement has been working fine and I no longer experience a long lag when opening the web browser like I did on my original Merc (didn't matter which ROM I was running for the symptom to occur).

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread Information